Troll

Heart of Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As they rode through the forest, the group soon came upon a stream. The stream in the Holy Realm was a thing of wonder. It was crystal clear, with the water sparkling in the sunlight as it flowed gently over rocks and stones. The stream was not particularly wide, but it was deep enough to provide a home for small fish that darted and swam between the rocks.

The banks of the stream were lined with lush, green grass and tall trees that provided a natural canopy overhead. The trees were home to a variety of birds that sang sweet melodies, filling the air with music. Butterflies flitted between the flowers, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of blooms.

RM signaled for the group to halt, and they dismounted from their horses. The horses drank from the stream, Jimin leaned down to splash some water on his face. Jisoo sat down on a nearby rock, taking in the serene surroundings.

Karina stood guard, her eyes scanning the area for any signs of danger. RM walked up to her, admiring her sharp instincts.

"Karina, you're always so alert," RM said. "I'm grateful to have you on my side."

Karina smiled, "It's my duty, Your Majesty."

Jimin nodded in agreement. "We couldn't have made it this far without you," he said, looking at her with a sense of gratitude.

Karina felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment, feeling somewhat uncomfortable with the attention. "It's nothing," she said. "Just doing my job."

As they settled in for a brief rest, they heard a faint, melodic singing that seemed to be emanating from the water. Jimin's eyes widened in recognition.

As the horses drank, the group heard a melodic singing that seemed to emanate from the water.

"It must be a siren," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Karina nodded in agreement, her senses on high alert. "We need to be careful," she said. "Sirens are known to lure sailors to their deaths."

But RM's curiosity got the better of him, and he urged them to investigate further. As they got closer to the water, the singing grew louder, enveloping them in its ethereal beauty. Karina felt a sense of unease creeping up on her, knowing that they were putting themselves in danger.

"Or it could be one of the 9 Muses," Karina said, trying to rationalize what they were hearing. "They are known for their beautiful voices."

But Jimin shook his head, his eyes fixed on the water. "I don't think so," he said. "There's something not right about this."

RM looked concerned. "Regardless of which one it is, we need to be careful. They're known for luring travelers to their doom."

Jin, one of the royal guards nodded in agreement. "We should cover our ears and avoid any contact with the source of the singing."

"We must leave this place immediately," RM declared. "The siren or muse, whoever she was, may return with others, and we can't afford to take that risk."

The group hastily gathered their horses and supplies, and continued their journey, keeping a safe distance from the water's edge. The haunting melody still echoed in their minds, serving as a stark reminder of the dangers that lurked within the seemingly peaceful landscape.

As the group continued to ride away from the water, they noticed a peculiar laughter echoing through the trees.

Curious, the group dismounted their horses and approached an area near a cave. There they saw a tiny creature, a troll, with long, matted hair that fell in greasy tangles around his face peek out of the cave. His skin was rough and weathered, with deep creases etched into his forehead and around his mouth. His eyes were small and beady, darting around with a suspicious glint. The troll wore a tattered, threadbare tunic that hung loosely over his lanky frame, revealing his bony shoulders and protruding ribs. His feet were bare and caked in mud, with jagged nails that looked as if they hadn't been trimmed in years.

"I fooled you, didn't I?" the troll said, its voice deep and gravelly. "You thought I was a siren or a muse, but I'm just a humble troll with a talent for mimicry."

RM glared at the troll. "What do you want from us?"

The troll let out another hearty laugh. "Nothing more than a bit of fun, really. I get so bored out here in the forest all by myself. I just wanted to see if I could trick you with my singing."The troll held the unicorn's reins tightly in his gnarled hands, his posture hunched over in a defensive stance. He looked up at the group with a sneer, clearly unimpressed by their noble appearance.

Jimin, unable to hide his surprise, blurted out, "뭐야? What's going on here?"

"Who are you?" RM asked, his voice calmly and steady.

The creature turned to face them, revealing its pointed ears and mischievous grin. "I am Minho, the troll of the stream," he said.

"What are you doing with a unicorn?" Karina asked her eyes fixed on the beautiful creature, a stark contrast from the grotesque troll. Minho shrugged, his body hunched over pulling the reins with his gnarly hands.

RM narrowed his eyes, suspicious of Minho's intentions. "Unicorns are magical beings that should roam free. They're not meant to be held captive by trolls. Release it."

Jisoo gave Minho a knowing look. "You know that is not your unicorn." 

Minho shrugged. "Alright then, she stumbled i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter