Curiosity

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Woah. I am still in awe with what just happened. I just thought of approaching Sandara but in a second, I feel like flying then my whole body is aching in pain because I landed in the ground with my ego beaten up.

 

"What are you doing here!?" She asked in frantic voice as she helped me to get up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought you are that psycho walking around."

 

I groan again. "Did you take self-defence training? That was a good throw."

 

"Just shut up." I found myself chuckling. Hearing her talking like this feels different. It somehow refreshing because I know her as a quiet girl. "Can you still walk?"

 

I nodded while stretching my back. "I just need to see a doctor."

 

"You are a doctor."

 

That made me laugh. "Right, I think I've got temporary amnesia because of that good throw you just gave me."

 

She sighs. "The nearest hospital is quite a distance from here. Can I borrow your phone?" I looked for it but it's not in my pocket, it probably flew somewhere. We both search for it then she gets it when we saw it. "Your screen got broken, I will just pay for the repair."

 

"It's fine, it's my fault as well. I startled you."

 

She did not respond to me as she is now dialling some number in my phone. "Woo..." This doesn't surprise me at all. They are really close to each other like siblings. "This is Jiyong's phone..." Her face suddenly turns to grim. "Don't start. This is a serious matter. Can you help bringing Jiyong at the hospital? There was an incident, and he needs his back to get check. We will wait for you here." She explained where we are exactly. When she returns my phone, she looked at me. Her bare face is showing but I can't confirm if she is wearing contact lenses or not. Her eyes look natural and she looked like that woman I saw at the hotel. The resemblance now is too strong. But why she would lie if that woman were really her, it doesn't make any sense. "You don't have hangover anymore?"

 

I got startled for a moment then I sigh to realize that Aunt Hyeyoung probably told her about it. I heard from her yesterday that she met Sandara and Wooyoung at the church. "I'm already fine." She just nodded then we sat at a stone barrier then awkward silence filled between us then I cleared my throat. "Sorry for startling you earlier. I was also doing the morning jog then I saw you run towards this alley, and I thought I should say hi but I didn't know that it would make me fly."

 

She groans. "Just forget about it."

 

I chuckled. "I'm afraid I can't do that. It's a very memorable experience to me."

 

She groans again. "Just don't tell others about it."

 

When I glanced at her, she's just looking at the ground. I was about to speak but she suddenly stands up as Wooyoung arrived in his police uniform. It seems his duty is starting this early. "What happened here?"

 

"I fell on the ground." He frowned, he probably thinking what really happened. "Can you bring me to the nearest hospital?"

 

"Sure, I parked the car at the corner." Then he looked at Sandara. "You’re okay?"

 

She nodded. "I need to go home now; my work will start soon." Then she looked at me. "For the expenses, just let me know."

 

"You don't have to worry about it."

 

"I insist." Then she started to run away from us.

 

"She doesn't like to be in debt with others." I looked at Wooyoung then we started to walk towards the police car. "So, what really happened?" After I told everything to him, he laughs. "Did you see someone passed by here?"

 

"No. Otherwise, it would be so embarrassing."

 

"That's not what I meant."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"This is a small town, if someone saw you both together regardless of the reason, everyone will talk about it. We've been talk of the town for quite some time until they finally accepted that Dara and I are just purely friends."

 

When we arrived at the hospital, I've got checked and thankfully, X-ray is showing it is not that serious. "Thank you for accompanying me. Don't tell this to Aunt Hyeyoung."

 

He chuckled. "If someone saw you both earlier, she would know it eventually."

 

I inhale deeply. "I don't mind it because we'll leave tomorrow but my concern is Sandara."

 

"She would be fine; she's staying most of the time at home and doesn't have social media so I will just about it."

 

I chuckled. "Both of you really have good friendship."

 

"Yes, so if you would need help from me in the near future, you already know my number."

 

I cleared my throat. "Am I that obvious?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter