Serendipitous Encounters and a Fugue of Beginnings

Heart Strings: A Classical Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon woke up to the sound of her phone alarm buzzing beside her. She groggily reached over and hit snooze, hoping to get a few more precious minutes of sleep. She glanced at her phone; the time read 7:00 AM. She stretched and let out a deep sigh, still feeling a bit disoriented from the new surroundings. It took a moment for her to remember that she was in her dorm room and not at her parent's house.

As she got out of bed and looked around, she noticed that her roommate was missing. She wondered where Jiu had gone so early, considering that they both had classes later in the day. She made her way to the bathroom to freshen up.

She heard the door open and close "Good morning, Yoohyeon!" Jiu called out cheerfully.

Yoohyeon answered from the bathroom, voice somewhat muffled as she was brushing her teeth. "Hey, Jiu. I’m in the bathroom," she replied.

"I made us breakfast, come and eat!" Jiu said, as she set a couple plates on Yoohyeon’s desk, she prepared scrambled eggs with French toast, fresh fruit salad, and orange juice. A simple yet delicious breakfast.

Yoohyeon's stomach grumbled in response to the thought of breakfast. “I will be out in a second,” She said before proceeding to cleanse and stepping out of the bathroom.

She glanced at her desk, eager to taste the delicious looking food "Wow, this looks amazing! Thanks, Jiu, you’re so kind. I promise I will make you breakfast tomorrow" she said, sitting down to enjoy the breakfast that her roommate prepared.

Jiu giggled as she was swallowing a bite of toast then gestured with her hand, “It’s fine Yoohyeon, I’m used to waking up early and cooking for my family, don’t fret it.”

As they ate, they chatted about their classes for the day. Jiu had enrolled in a classical music theory course and a renaissance music history course, while Yoohyeon was excited about her to guitar for classical music class.

"I'm a bit nervous about my guitar class," Yoohyeon confessed, taking a sip of her orange juice. "I have been playing guitar almost all my life, but never to actual professionals. I will also be playing alongside classmates who are on the same skill-level if not better. I’m a bit worried I might fall behind."

"Don't worry Yoohyeon, we haven’t even started yet, I’m sure you’ll do just fine," Jiu reassured her with a grin. "And if you ever need any help, I'm always here to lend a hand."

"Thanks, Jiu," Yoohyeon replied, feeling a bit more at ease. "Hey, how about we both go shopping later today to get the required textbooks for our classes? I haven’t had the chance to buy mine yet."

"That's a great idea! I also need to buy a new shoulder rest and rosin. I’ll call you after I’m done with my classes so we can go together,” Jiu said, her eyes lighting up at the thought.

After they finished breakfast, Jiu cleared their plates and headed to the dorm floor kitchen to clean up. Yoohyeon opened her closet and started picking out an outfit for her first day. She finally settled on a pair of baggy blue jeans, a tight black t-shirt, and a black beanie.

As Yoohyeon finished getting ready, she paused to glance out the window. The view from their dorm room was breathtaking, with tall trees and greenery surrounding the campus. It was a stark contrast from the busy city she grew up in. She took a moment to appreciate the beauty and serenity of her new environment before grabbing her guitar and backpack and heading out the door.

Jiu returned just as Yoohyeon was getting ready to leave. "You look great, Yoohyeon!" Jiu complimented her with a smile.

"Thanks, Jiu. I'll see you later," Yoohyeon said, making her way out of the room.

"Good luck with your first class!" Jiu called out as Yoohyeon left.

"Thanks, I'll call you once I'm done," Yoohyeon replied, feeling grateful to have such a supportive and friendly roommate.

As she made her way to her first class, Yoohyeon couldn't help but feel a mix of nerves and excitement. This was a new chapter in her life, and she was determined to make the most of it. She walked past groups of students, all chatting and laughing as they made their way to their own classes. She smiled to herself, feeling a sense of camaraderie with her fellow students.

As Yoohyeon walked towards her class, she turned right down a narrow hallway and accidentally bumped into a short girl. The girl's books fell out of her hand and landed on the ground with a thud. Yoohyeon immediately recognized the girl as Gahyeon, a fellow guitarist whom she had met and befriended during orientation day.

Gahyeon, a petite girl standing at about 5'2", had long straight hair that fell to the middle of her back. Her hair was dyed a bright shade of pink that complemented her fair complexion. She had a small button nose and bright, playful eyes that seemed to twinkle with mischief. Her outfit was a colorful expression of her personality, featuring a yellow sundress adorned with tiny white flowers and a light denim jacket. She wore white sneakers w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter