An Ode to a New Beginning

Heart Strings: A Classical Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiu took a deep breath as she stepped off the bus and onto the university campus. She couldn't believe that she was finally here, starting her first year of college. She had always been a good student, but the thought of being in a new place, with new people, was making her feel a little nervous.

 

As Jiu walked through the sprawling university campus, her eyes widened in awe. The towering buildings were made of red brick and covered in ivy, and the campus green was so vast it seemed to stretch on forever. The walkways were bustling with students hurrying to and from their classes, and the air was alive with the hum of activity. Jiu couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place. It was so different from her high school, which had been much smaller and more intimate. At her old school, everyone knew each other's names and faces, but here, Jiu felt like just another anonymous face in the crowd. It was a daunting thought, but she knew that she would adapt to this new environment in time.

 

After a long walk through the bustling campus, Jiu arrived at her dormitory. The building was a towering brick structure with three floors and an arched entrance. The windows, which lined the façade, looked out onto a sprawling green space that was buzzing with students. As Jiu approached the entrance, she noticed the intricate details etched into the stone walls, giving the building an elegant yet sturdy appearance. Although the dormitory had a grand exterior, the interior was quite basic and dull. Nevertheless, Jiu took a deep breath and walked inside, feeling a mixture of anticipation and nervousness.

 

After receiving the key to her room from the dorm keeper at the entrance, Jiu ascended to the second floor and unlocked the door to her dorm. The room was compact, with a simplistic design and few furnishings. The walls were painted a pale shade of yellow, and the room was illuminated by a small window on the far wall, which looked out onto the campus courtyard. Two identical beds with white linens were neatly made, each with a single pillow and thin blanket. Two small desks were placed against opposite walls, with a single lamp and a basic chair accompanying each. The closet was barely big enough to hold a week’s worth of clothes, and the shared bathroom, which was situated across the hall, was austere in design. Though Jiu had expected a modest dorm room, the stark simplicity of the space was still somewhat disappointing.

 

As Jiu started unpacking her things, a blend of excitement and anxiety overcame her. She had been eagerly anticipating college for quite some time, but now that she was finally here, she couldn't help feeling a twinge of homesickness and isolation, which served as a reminder that she would have a roommate. "I wonder what she’s going to be like." she mused to herself.

 

After unpacking her luggage, Jiu began to feel the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter