(Ir)replaceable

Nightmare dressed like a daydream

Replaceable. 

 

Replaceable. Replaceable. Replaceable.

 

‘I’m the perfect version of you. I will always be perfect’.

 

‘Who do you think people will like between you and me?’

 

Not a day has gone by where Karina hasn’t been reminded of those dreadful thoughts.

 

Those words keep coming back and repeating themselves. The same things said to her all those months ago.

 

They never stop .

 

It’s like the Black Mamba never left. 


 

(‘Will she ever?’ 

 

Bloodshot eyes gaze back at her in the mirror.

 

The night time hasn’t been kind to Karina ever since).


 

Hands on the sink tighten their hold and her nails dig into the cold marble, pale skin overtaken by a dark texture.

 

‘The best of your best isn’t good enough.’ 

 

Replaceabl-

 

-No.

 

She’s not replaceable. She never will be again.

 

She’s made sure of it.


 

After Winter’s breakdown earlier today, the youngest would not let Karina go, completely and utterly attached to her. Holding Winter is always such a treat, the girl feels so fragile and warm in Karina's arms, like she could not possibly live on without her protection.

 

Her lips curl up at the thought of how desperate the girl seemed.

 

Exactly as she wants her.

 

As she stares at her own smile in the mirror, she realizes how effortless it looks despite how little she’s smiled lately. One would need a keen eye to realize she’s no longer used to the motion, the corner of her lips shaky and stiff.

 

Because it’s still so beautiful.

 

(And so utterly ugly).


 

A shuffling sound from outside is followed by a creaking noise. Through the mirror’s view, Karina snaps her eyes to her darling’s face as she shows up on the small opening of the bathroom door. 

 

Her hands immediately relax their grip on the sink and her pale complexion returns. Her smile relaxes and her eyes soften.

 

“...Karina?” 

 

Winter calls out to her, her voice soft and slurred. It's likely that, after not being able to find Karina anywhere in the room, she took it upon herself to bring her back to bed. 

 

So needy

 

She looks so cute with that dazed look in her eyes and a hunched posture, Karina’s hoodie covering her small figure down to her thighs. Her hair, now tied up in a ponytail with little strands all over the place, adds to her disheveled look as if the girl had just rolled out of bed.

 

(Their bed).


 

Karina knows that one would argue Winter isn’t weak.

 

After all, how could she be?

 

On the surface, the smaller girl seems fierce and so sure of herself.

She doesn’t take people's bull and is straightforward. She’s always there for the others and never backs down. 

 

Hell , people know just how important she was for the defeat of the Black Mamba. She is supposed to be far from weak.

 

But Karina would beg to differ. She knows just how truly weak the smaller girl is. Especially for her.

 

She knows how Winter always comes back to her for more, like a silly dog desperate for attention. 

 

Karina starves her of affectionate words and reminds the girl of her overwhelming hunger for them whenever she’s near. Reminds her that Karina’s the one in control, who can give those words but can also take them and keep them away until she behaves.

 

Only offering those sweet words of reaffirmation when she believes Winter deserves them. 

 

When she’s good

 

When she acts as hers and no one else’s. Especially none of their ‘friends’ .

 

The younger girl quickly falls apart at her feet and becomes putty in her hands when she hears a mere ‘honey’ out of . A simple hand on her exposed skin and she breaks in her arms.

 

She deprives Winter of what she craves most and holds it over her head, making her come back for more.

 

Her puppy is so loyal and doesn’t even know it. 

 

Karina can no longer be replaced in the girl’s life.

 

She’s made sure of it. 


 

“Yes, puppy?”

 

A squeak is heard at the affectionate term, her Winter looking away in embarrassment. 

 

“...Is everything okay?”

 

Oh. She’s so sweet, worrying when there’s nothing to worry about. It must be so tiring, always thinking about others and how to help them. So selfless, her little darling.

Karina will do the thinking for her from now on, so she doesn’t need to worry anymore. Winter will depend on her and her only; she won’t need anyone or anything else in her life.

 

Irreplaceable. 

 

“Don’t worry love. Don’t think about it, hm? I’ll do that part for you. Go back to bed, okay? I’ll join you soon.” She purrs, trying to catch her puppy’s eyes again through the mirror.

 

The girl on the other side yawns and nods, her grip on the door slacking. 

“Okay.” 

Either due to drowsiness from being woken up or still being complacent after her tiring emotional breakdown, Winter doesn’t put up any resistance or ask any other questions, her steps echoing softly as they fade further away from the bathroom door. She doesn’t close it. She feels safe with Karina (but she shouldn't).

 

Karina’s eyes drift from the door and come back to focus on her own again.

 

Bloodshot eyes gaze back at her in the mirror.

 

It’s just as she said.

 

Irreplaceable.

 

---------------------------- 

A/N: Karina's POV, following the events of the first chapter!

I was inspired and wanted to write a bit about how Karina's brain was processing all this hehe

much shorter than the other one but i felt that the ending was so satisfying that i didnt want to add more LOL

I would like to say that im not trying to redeem karina! she's not a good person in this fanfic and needs to be held accountable for what she's doing to winter and those around her! having insecurities should not make her immediately redeeamble. motives shouldnt justify her ty behaviour!

i just wanted to show you guys how karina was thinking all this!

hope you all liked it :D the last chapter for this one but ill tackle the concept more in future works!