2. Start

Exes and Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning after, Nayeon was waken up by the sound of soft music used as alarm clock.

At first, she couldn't tell where that was coming from, then she spotted a speaker placed on top of the wall. The music created a warm atmosphere, so she felt as if she was at home.

Stretching arms and legs, she got up form the bed and had a little tour around the bedroom. She liked its modern design and the excellent views of the city caming from the big windows. The walls were painted in pastel colours, blue and green. Once she had read that those colors were associated with calming and peaceful vibes, now she could tell it was true.

Even if she was still confused about what happened the night before, a strange feeling of excitement was rushing through her body. She didn't know what was going to happen but decided to trust Chaeyoung's words. 

Someone knocked on the door. Speaking of the devil, it was the petite blonde girl.

"Good morning Nayeon! Did you sleep well?"

Chaeyoung radiated a very good energy. She looked naturally spirited and happy. 

"I've slept well, thanks" she answered. 

Nayeon invited the other girl into the room and the two of them sat on the edge of the bed like the night before.

"Are you nervous for the start of the game?"

Nayeon thought about it. She couldn't really tell what kind of emotions was feeling in that moment. 

"I.. I don't know. I'm both excited and scared." A nervous laugh left .

Chaeyoung moved her hand towards Nayeon's forehand to fix her messy bangs. The relationship with her bangs wasn't always good, but she decided to go for it. Ever since she had broken up with Momo, she started to style her hair that way. 

--- Flashback ---

"Should I have bangs?" Nayeon asked Momo while the two of them were cuddling on the couch.

Nayeon with or without bangs was a recurrent topic. They had been talking about it a million times.

"See? How do I look?" - Nayeon put her hair on the forehead - "You don't like it, I could tell it by the look on your face."

Momo laughed a little. She knew how much Nayeon wanted to have bangs, but she also knew that the other girl was going to regret about it in no time. Also she personally preferred Nayeon without it, but found a way to not hurt her feelings.

"It's not like that... I like you both ways. Just go for it, you'll be cute."

Nayeon blushed. She was shameless and always bragged about her beauty but a single compliment from Momo could make her feel so vulnerable and shy. She knew that Momo was always ready to encourage and value her. Deep inside she also knew that Momo didn't like it and only wanted to make her feel good.

"Shut up and come here."

Unable to speak properly, Nayeon throw herself in Momo's arms and kissed her.

They had been together for four years during which Nayeon always discussed about having or not bangs. She tried the hairstyle and then get rid of it in two days. 

Probably she didn't really like it so much.

Or maybe it was because of Momo..

Who knows.

 --- End of flashback ---

After a break up, it is well known that the desire to change a look can often depend on a person’s level of connection to their ex. If they can eliminate those feelings, they can hopefully move on quicker. That's what Nayeon did. She felt the need to let go of the past, have a new beginning, starting from her appearance and hair.

"You look like a baby with those bangs." 

Nayeon smiled in a cute way. It was funny hearing those words coming from the blonde girl in front of her, considering the fact that she looked like a baby trapped in an adult body.

"Anyway, today you're going to meet other people and socialize with them. Don't be scared, just be yourself."

Nayeon nodded. She started to figure out the role of the girl in front of her. She surely was going to support and give her strength in this strange adventure.

"Are you tagging along with me?" Nayeon asked.

"No I can't. But I'll wait for you every night here in your room to talk about how was your day. You are going to experience a lot of emotions, happiness of course, but also sadness. And I'll be here to guide you."

The word sadness caught Nayeon's attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter