Chapter 1: Chocolate Orbs

In Another Life

Hyukjae hates himself. He absolutely hates himself. Why in the world did he forget to set his alarm the night before?! And why in the world did he wake the goddamn up extremely late?! He really really hates himself.

Other people might think missing the first class is quite normal and is really not that much of a big deal, but not for Hyukjae. For the black-haired guy, waking up late, disrupting his morning routine, and missing his class can be considered a grave sin, a crime.

Nonstop cursing in his mind, Hyukjae runs as fast as his short legs can bring him. His silky smooth black hair bounced with each of his steps and his uniform slowly gets damp with sweat–yuck. He definitely needs to change his shirt as soon as he can. At least the morning wind feels cool against his skin, too bad he isn’t able to appreciate how great the weather was that morning–with the shining sun, the cold breeze, and the powder blue sky.

As soon as he saw the entrance gates of his university, his legs attempted to speed up even more. He sprints across the field, wherein their university’s soccer team is getting ready for their morning training. Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

He already missed his first class and now he might also miss his second class which starts at 9 AM and it is already 8:45 in the morning! To make things worse, his last year of college has barely begun, it has only been a month and he has already made a huge mistake.

And as if the universe was playing with him, as soon as he reaches the end of the field he bumps into a person.

Now, Hyukjae was not a romantic person. He wasn’t into sappy teen flicks or adult romance novels which show people unrealistic love–no one would love someone that long and who in their right mind goes through all that difficulty to be with their “loved one”? Definitely not going to be him. It’s not that he is against it, he just doesn’t see himself falling in love in this life or in another life.

But the bump was hard enough that it pushes Hyukjae’s body to twist and face the way he came from. And as he turns his body which was somehow attached to the other person’s, he swears in his unromantic side that the world slowed down, the wind softly blew, and flower petals danced in the air. Somehow, the world seemed brighter at that moment, it was magical.

His apology got stuck in his throat as his single-lidded dark brown eyes meet chocolate brown ones. And for some reason, everything else seemed to have disappeared aside from those glossy chocolate brown orbs.

“Nice to meet you, Aiden. I’m Spencer”

“Likewise,” the other young lad then grabs his awaiting hand, accepting his handshake. Everything else his vision can reach was blurred except for those two chocolate brown orbs staring back into his own eyes. Spencer knows he was staring but for some reason, he was unable to look away from those beautiful glossy eyes. It was as if the world was–

Phweeeeeet!!

The whistle sound of the soccer team effectively snaps Hyukjae out of it. He blinks and fudge! He is freaking late! He has no time to play a staring game with someone! So, Hyukjae turns around and sprints to his second class which is going to be starting in…5 minutes?!

All apologies and thoughts of that captivating gaze gone with the wind.