What Are We? ~ Bbangsaz

NewJeans story dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know three things for sure about Minji. One. The tall girl would be there for me no matter what. Two. She is a caring and generous friend, even if she doesn't exactly voice how much she cares to my face. Three. I have the biggest fattest crush on her. Well the third one isn't technically about her–that doesn't matter. We have been friends for a while now and I can just never tell where I stand with the girl. Minji always goes out of her way to help me and do things for me and is even more affectionate with me—even more so than our other friends. Is it wrong to assume I may be a little special to her? She treats me like I'm her girlfriend, but she's never said anything about that.

"!" I missed my mouth completely. Water was dripping all down my chin and onto my shirt. Great. I felt the back of a hand on my chin whipping off the excess water before I could even try to find a napkin. I look over and of course it's Minji. I turn to her as she uses the sleeve of her sweater to now dab the top of my shirt that the water fell on. She was doing it so nonchalantly to—like she does this everyday. I feel the pink tint that usually forms on my face anytime Minji does something like this begin to form on my face. 

Minji didn't say anything after she finished cleaning me up, she just went back to studying for an upcoming test she has. I just never know how to act around her. I don't want to make things weird if she doesn't feel anything for me. I would rather have her as a friend than nothing at all. I have this habit of tapping a pen when I feel especially nervous and that's what I'm currently doing now. 

"What's wrong?" Minji looks away from her notes and gives me a curious look as she keeps glancing at my hand that's tapping the pen on the desk we are at.

"Nothing, I'm just bored." The taller girl just sighs, closing her books and begins putting away her notes. What is she doing?

"Why are you putting up your stuff?" 

"Well I can't exactly study if you are going to be obnoxiously tapping the entire time." Well Jesus Christ, she is the one who invited me here. "Let's go get something to eat." I couldn't even respond before the older girl grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the library. See, holding hands with friends isn't weird, it's actually very normal. However, Minji doesn't just hold my hand normally. She constantly plays with my fingers and rubs her thumb over my own in a loving way. I even asked the girls if she did that to them when they held hands and they said no. So that has to mean something right?

-

Minij also writes me notes quite frequently. Some are encouraging notes if I have a test or if I'm having a bad day. Some just honestly are her talking about how pretty I am. Or how I looked good on a certain day. Some are even poems she makes. Like that can't just be platonic. Today's note was just her talking about my hair. 

Your new hair suits you well, 

You look as beautiful as ever.

Minji <3

I never see when she puts them in my locker. At first I thought I had a secret admirer because she didn't sign her name at the end. When I told her I thought I had one she seemed appalled that I would even think that. How was I supposed to know it was her? Once I found out it was her I thought that she might actually confess this time, but no. She just acted like it was perfectly normal to leave me notes that were on the borderline of being love notes. 

-

"I'm kind of hungry." I rubbed my stomach as it continuously made growling noises. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Minji scrambling inside her lunch box pulling out some crackers and a banana.

"Here." She placed them on my desk then turned around and kept copying down the math formulas on the board. Did she just give me her food? What will she eat later if she gives me this?

"Minji I don't need this, I'll just wait till lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter