I Can See You ~ Niniz

NewJeans story dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N 

Hey sweeties! Since this was just a one shot I decided to move into this story. :)

-

Looking back it was the first time I saw her—I know it now. I was never good at expressing my feelings or understanding them. The years I wasted telling myself that she was nothing more than a friend I regret. She was right there in front of me the entire time and I was looking at everyone, but her. I think that's my biggest regret in life. I still remember the first day we met.

-

"This place ."

"It is the first day of school, why are you already complaining? We haven't even started doing actual work yet." Minji laughed, putting her arm around my shoulder. I hate school. The day I stepped into Ador Preparatory school this time last year I knew these would be the worst four years of my life. I'm smart, in fact I'm really smart. My parents have made me take extra after school classes since I was able to attend school, so I'm not worried about that. It's the pretentious douchebags that make this place hell. Like last year when I dated Jay—he's the biggest douche of them all. I don't know why I subjected myself to that, no matter how short it was. 

"I wish we were seniors and were graduating tomorrow so I'd never have to see this place ever again." I groaned leaning against my locker watching the taller girl put her books in her locker. In the distance I can see Jake coming up to us with the biggest smile. I ing hate that dude. I don't care how much Minji likes him, he's an and so are his friends. "Incoming douchebag number one on the way." I roll my eyes as Minji looks at me confused, glancing over at the boy and looking back at me with a frown.

"You can't keep calling him that he's my boyfriend now." I still can't believe that happened. She can do so much better than that idiot. 

"Whatever, have fun with Jakey I'm gonna go to the library." Minji rolled her eyes, shoving me away. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jake plant a disgusting kiss on her lips. No one deserved to see that, surely not me. That is so gross. 

As I was making my way to the library I saw a girl, probably a freshman, struggling to open her locker. Well Minji did say I should start being nicer to people, maybe I should help her. I walk up to her standing next to her and she hasn't noticed me yet. She looks so concentrated on what she is doing that it's almost kind of funny. 

"Do you need help?" The taller girl jumped clearly surprised by me standing beside her. After her initial shocked statice she laughed awkwardly nodding.

"Yeah I've had trouble with this locker all day. I think it may hate me." I laugh a little at her response, really looking at the girl. She was clearly mixed and she had long beautiful wavy hair. I find myself starting too long for comfort so I quickly turn to her locker.
"Well what's the code? I'll help you open it." I went to reach for the lock looking back at the wavy-haired girl, but she frowned, looking at me oddly. What's her problem?

"They said I shouldn't tell anyone the code." What the hell? Does she think I'm just gonna go around telling everyone the code to her locker? Does she think I'm going to steal her school books? What the . 

"Well how am I supposed to help you if I don't know the code?" I asked through gritted teeth trying to not get angry at this clearly stupid girl. The girl looked to the side looking like she was thinking really hard whether or not she could tell me the code. This interaction could have ended a long time ago if she wasn't being so weird about her code.

"Fine, but don't tell anyone." She's joking right? She is acting like she keeps a million dollars in here or something. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to Minji. I hate being nice to people. It was silent for a moment as I waited for her to tell me, but she was still looking at me oddly, not saying a thing.

"Well, are you going to tell me or stare at me?" 

"Oh yea it's 24 12 28!" I nod, turning around back to her locker, rolling my eyes. I put in the code and it immediately opens. "Voilà!" I turn back to the presumably younger girl and she has the biggest smile I have ever seen. Why are her teeth so white and straight? It's almost blinding looking at her smile. Then the unthinkable happened. She pulled me into a quick hug squeezing me before letting me go.

"You're a lifesaver! I thought it was hopeless," She laughed reaching into her locker pulling out a notebook and a little weirdly shaped bag. What the hell is that? I just nod, giving her a small smile.

"What's in that bag?" She looked down at the bag that is now around her shoulder and looked back up at me still smiling big. Doesn't it hurt to smile for that long?

"Oh it's a bag to hold my camera and lens." She reached in it, pulled out the camera and pointed it at me.

"What are you doing?" 

"Taking your picture." She stepped back slightly and angled the camera and before I could protest a flash went off and several more after that. She's not even going to tell me to smile? She laughed coming closer to me showing me the photos she took.

"I look stupid." The wavy haired girl looked at me like I said the most atrocious thing on earth. Really. What is this girl's problem?

"You look cute." she gives me a soft smile while putting her camera back in her bag. I felt something disgusting in my stomach moving around at the girl's words. Maybe I need to throw up? Before I could question the weird feeling in my stomach further she reached out her hand in front of mine. "I'm Danielle." she said as she grabbed my hand shaking it.

"Hanni." 

-

I go over our first meeting in my head quite frequently. More than I probably should. It wasn't anything special, but if I would have known that the feeling in my stomach wasn't something gross, but fondness maybe things could have been easier for us. The second time I got that funny feeling in my stomach was a few months later after Dani had weasled her way into being Minji and I's friend. 

-

"You should stop making fun of Jake right in front of him–I mean it probably hurts his feelings." God no one cares about his feelings. I sure don't I don't know why Dani always makes me apologize to Minji for expressing how I feel about him. Maybe one day my words will get to her and she'll end things. I don't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately. 

"Well maybe if he didn't act like an idiot I wouldn't do it." Dani's smile falls from her face as she smacks my shoulder. 

"That's mean! Jake really likes Minji and she likes him. At least do it for Minji, she's your best friend!" I groan rubbing the spot she smacked. Why does she always hit me? 

"Fine I'll try, but I make no promises." Dani's smile comes back to her face. I have only known her for a few months, but I've never met anyone that smiles as much as she does. I wish I had an outlook on life like Danielle does. She always is able to look at the bright side—and I feel like I'm hardwired to only see the bad. The bell for class rang meaning we had to part ways since we were in different classes. 

"Great! See you after school!" Dani leans over planting a kiss on my cheek before quite literally skipping away. I feel so hot almost like I'm on fire. God, I feel like I'm going to throw up again. Why do I always feel like I'm sick with the half-australian? 

-

I kept having these little moments through the years and they started happening more often. It was almost like everytime I interacted with her those feelings came. One time I even went to the doctor concerned that I was allergic to the younger girl. Looking back I was really stupid for thinking that. 

Dani and I have such a weird relationship, where we would always fight, but she was my favorite person in the world. We still fight now, that part has never changed. It was my junior year when I realized something was not right. That I craved her attention more than I thought I did.

-

The school was abuzz with the new member of the Ador prep family. Kang Haerin, daughter of Hybe's CEO. I haven't seen her yet, but she is the talk of the town. Even Danielle won't shut up about how pretty she is and how she wants to be her friend. What is so great about this girl anyway? She can't possibly be as amazing as everyone is going on about. The only one who seems not to be obsessed with her besides me is Minji. I knew I could trust her. 

"Have you guys seen her yet?" Dani was basically fangirling right now. I mean it's not like this girl is an idol, she is just the daughter of the biggest entertainment agency in Korea. All her enthusiasm is starting to get on my nerves.

"No. She's just a normal person like you and I Dani calm down." Minji laughs, placing both her hands on the younger girl's shoulder to keep her from jumping up and down.

"I know that, but this is so fun and exciting!" Dani smiles her usual big smile, which usually would make me smile as well, but this one doesn't. She looks at me for a second before looking past me pointing dramatically at something. "There she is!" Minji and I both whipped our heads in the direction Dani was pointing at and there was a small girl who looked forward, not sparing a glance at anyone as she made her way down the hallway. Damn. She looked so powerful—like she owned this place even though she has been here for like a day. 

"Wow." I look over and Minji is looking at the girl with her jaw basically on the floor. What the ? I thought she was on my side!

"Doesn't she look so cool!" Dani grabbed my shoulder, shaking it back and forth. 

"She looks like she doesn't want to be here and that if anyone talked to her she would stomp on them." Dani let go of my arm frowning at me. Minji just snickered leaning against the lockers as she kept on sparing glances at the new girl.

"How do you know that you haven't even spoken to her." Dani objects, crossing her arms over her chest.

"She clearly doesn't want anyone speaking to her. I'm pretty sure she just looked at that boy over there and he ran away." I point over to the young boy running away from the new girl. 

"She has nice eyes." Minji says out of nowhere. What the ? Dani also looks at her weirdly before turning back to me. 

"How do you know? She may be nice, you can't make a judgment on someone just by looking at them." Yes I can? I just did.

"Well if you are so obsessed with her why don't you run off and be friends with her." Dani seems shocked for a second before a small smirk makes its way onto her face. 

"You're jealous." My eyes widened at her absurd observation. I am not jealous, I just think it's annoying how much attention she is giving this girl. 

"I am not!" I groan trying to walk away from Dani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter