Cliche

1wkeylove's Tips to Success

 

Cliché

 

I’ve always been a fan of ty, cliché moments when the man surprises the other man (woman if you want) with a gorgeous wedding ring or when he grabs his lover’s hand and forces him to turn and look at him in the eyes.

But there’s a reason why I don’t subscribe to EVERY story with all that fluffy blah. And that’s because the person may not have added his/her own spark to their story/ fan fiction.

Cliché moments are impossible to avoid, but there is a limitation.

A very common, not necessarily bad, plotline, is something like this:

A likes B who likes C who likes A. A love triangle. Very basic, very normal. If you haven’t written a story like this, then I worship you. I find that rather impossible.

Many people write these love triangles, not knowing that their ideas come from other stories. And that is how cliché moments begin to form. It’s reused over and over and over again. So often that the reader finds that what’s next is very predictable. And so, the reader is given no surprise and loses interest in the story, quick to unsubscribe and move on.

It’s not the subscriber’s loss, but your own. If you write in such an obvious, common way, no one will be interested. Humans are known for their short attention span. But if your story has truly captured their attention, it will be impossible for them to tear their eyes from the screen.

Be engrossed in your writing, and your readers will be engrossed as well.

Think to yourself, “Would I read this? Or is it all utter bull?”

I often think about that before posting my stories and chapters, and surely I’ve made many mistakes, but I learn from them. As should you all.

All I’m really trying to say, is that:

1.       Cliché is not bad. It’s just things can be terribly overused.

2.       If you take your time writing a creative, fresh, and new fan fiction, then you are sure to earn subscribers. They will treasure your writing as long as you find it worthy enough to present. I know a lot of stories that have captivated my heart. If you would like suggestions or good examples, PM me and I will consider updating a chapter with some of my favorites. Maybe even make a fan fiction thingy to tell the whole world about some of my favorite fan fictions. What’s that even called? Gosh I’m so bad… fan fic suggestions, is it? Aish. I don’t know.

Maybe you guys can teach me something in the comments below. :D

 

~