Chapter Three

Embracing Memories

 

Todoroki hadn’t slept at all and it showed, his classmates had asked if he was ok the moment he stepped inside the classroom. Yaoyorozu immediately went over to him, asking him all sorts of questions.

 

“I’m fine really, thank you for your concern. I just need some time to adjust.” It wasn’t a complete lie, he couldn’t sleep at all after what had happened the night before. Todoroki made his way to his desk. When he sat down he looked around the classroom, frowning when he didn’t see Bakugou. 

 

“If you’re looking for Kacchan, he said Aizawa asked him to do something.” Midoriya stood in front of Todoroki’s desk, smiling. “He was acting pretty strange though, stranger than usual.” 

 

While Midoriya continued to mumble about Bakugou’s behavior, Todoroki had stood up and was about to walk out of the class when Aizawa walked in, looking down at him.

 

“Everyone get your hero costumes and meet me at the beta ground.” Looking back at Todoroki, Aizawa continued. “We haven’t seen your quirk yet, so we’re going to test that out as well.” 

 

Todoroki nodded, frowning. ‘Where the hell is Bakugou.’ He didn’t like this. The feeling all too familiar. ‘Are they trying to keep me away from him again!? I need to find him.’ Shaking his head he followed the rest of his classmates. ‘Again? What does that mean…’

 

As they all stood outside the gate of the training ground, the strange feeling still hadn’t left Todoroki. Is he in danger? If he was, their teacher wouldn’t just be standing here, right?

 

“Sensei! Where is Bakugou? Shouldn’t he be here already?” Todoroki glared as Aizawa just looked at him before he addressed the rest of the class.

 

“For today’s test you will have to find Bakugou and rescue him.” Aizawa looked around. “Make teams of 3 and come up with a plan. Each team will ha- Todoroki!” 

 

Todoroki’s eyes darkened at the mention of saving Bakugou, his body started to move on its own, stomping his foot on the ground he created an icewall, destroying the gate in front of them ignoring the screams of his classmates and the warning of his teacher.

 

Bakugou sat on the ground annoyed, his arms crossed. ‘Why does he always look so grumpy, he’s a lot like you when it doesn’t go the way you want.’ Bakugou heard a scoff and a distant giggle which he decided to ignore, for now.

 

“Why the hell do I have to be the damsel in distress!? I barely ing slept and they decided it was a good idea to make me do this? Couldn’t Deku have done this!?” Grumbling, he looked around. “ers will never even find me here, useless extras.” 

 

Bakugou felt the ground shake, voices coming closer to where he was. 

 

“What the is it now.” Standing up slowly he made his way over to the window, eyes narrowing as he saw a person flying over to the building he was in. “Who the fu-” His eyes widened as he recognized who it was. “Todoroki? What the is that idiot doing!”  

 

Climbing through a broken window he was ready to yell at him when Todoroki’s body collided with his, Bakugou was quick to wrap his arms around Todoroki’s waist, both tumbling back inside the building.

 

“You little fu-” Bakugou’s vision turned black, did he hit his head? He was going to kill that half and half bastard.

 

Groaning, Todoroki opened his eyes only to be met with a glare but Todoroki couldn’t stop staring, he was on top of Bakugou. ‘, he’s so handsome. he’s still glaring.’ He dropped his head on Bakugou’s shoulder before could open his mouth to apologize, his vision turned black and when he opened his eyes again he was outside.

 

“What the- Where the are we?” Bakugou turned around to quickly look at Todoroki, not noticing anything yet. “Oi! I can feel you staring, stop it and lets figure out where the we are.” 

 

Todoroki looked at Bakugou as the boy started to walk, reaching his hand out and grabbing onto Bakugou’s shoulder pulling him back.

 

“Who are you? You sound like Bakugou, but you’re not…” Todoroki frowned. “I guess you do look a bit like him.” Looking around he noticed they were in a forest. “How did we get here?” 

 

Bakugou hadn’t noticed before but now that he took a good look at Todoroki he could see a slight difference in the other, his scar was gone, his hair was black and a lot longer and their clothes.

 

“Who the cares! Who the hell are you?” Bakugou was prepared to fight the boy in front of him. When Todoroki didn’t answer him he jumped up, expecting his quirk to move him away but nothing happened. “What the .” 

 

“Our quirks aren’t working here.” Todoroki rolled his eyes at the ‘no ’ from Bakugou. “You think this is some kind of test?” 

 

“Pretty ty test if you ask me.” Shaking his head, Bakugou started walking again. “The bastard would’ve mentioned something about this, I think.” Bakugou groaned, messing up his hair, noticing it felt longer, sighing he looked at his surroundings.

 

“Are you not going to question this? We don’t look like ourselves, our clothes have changed and we don’t have our quirks. There is no way this is someone’s quirk. Or a test from Aizawa.” Todoroki frowned as he followed Bakugou. “Don’t walk so fast!” 

 

“I really don’t care, I just want to get out of here.” Bakugou stopped walking, holding his arm out making Todoroki stop as well, bringing a finger to his lips to silence him. “There are people over there.” Frowning, he tried to see what they were doing.

 

“Are those bows? Swords?” Bakugou quickly pulled Todoroki behind a tree, covering his mouth as Todoroki tried to protest. “Be quiet!” Bakugou hissed, his body pressing against Todoroki. “, we need to run.” 

 

Todoroki’s face flushed as he felt Bakugou press against him, he sounded like Bakugou and his touch felt the same yet he didn’t look like the Bakugou he knew. ‘What the hell is happening….’

He yelped as Bakugou suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the tree and before he knew it they were running, running away from the group of men chasing them.

 

They approached a cave after running for what felt like hours, Bakugou frowned as they stepped inside.

 

“Ho-how did you know where to go?” Bakugou was panting as they leaned against the wall of a cave. “Oi don’t ignore me! What the hell are you looking at?” He walked over to where Todoroki was, noticing all the drawings on the wall. “What's so interesting about this?” Clicking his tongue Bakugou turned to look at Todoroki who had a far away look in his eyes.

 

“I made these, I mean, I made these exact drawings yesterday.” Todoroki traced his fingers over the drawings. “I couldn’t sleep after..” Clearing his throat he glanced at Bakugou. “I couldn’t sleep so I spent my time reading and drawing.” He walked further into the cave only to stop when he saw writing, he beckoned Bakugou to come closer. 

 

Bakugou wasn’t looking at Todoroki, he was looking at the drawings, he didn’t want to say anything to Todoroki but he also had been drawing these exact drawings a couple of days ago. Shaking his head he mumbled, focusing back to where Todoroki stood.

 

“And I’d choose you, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” Reading it again, Todoroki’s vision went blurry, letting out a shaky breath he let his eyes travel a bit lower, gasping. “Oh my god.” Covering his mouth he stepped back. Images of faces appearing in front of him, his heart beating fast against his chest. “Adam….” 

 

“What kind of ty text is that? A poem?” Bakugou scoffed, stepping next to Todoroki, watching him stumble back he rolled his eyes. He started to walk away, only to stop in his tracks as Todoroki mumbled that name, turning around slowly, he locked eyes with the other, a gentle look on his face. “Yes my love?” 

 

Both boys looked at each other with wide eyes, neither of them moved.

 

‘Yes my love!?’ It was his voice but Bakugou was sure he didn’t open his mouth at all, before he knew it his body was moving forward. He had no control over his body at all. What the hell was Aizawa doing? This isn’t funny.

 

“Charles? What’s wrong? You’re trembling.” Bakugou watched himself wrap his arms around Todoroki’s waist. ‘Who the is Charles? What the hell is going on!?’ 

 

Todoroki was panicking, what was Bakugou doing? Why was he calling him Charles? Was he messing around with him? Was this Aizawa’s test? Bakugou was touching him so gently, like he was afraid to hurt him.

 

“Those guards, they won’t stop till they find us.” Dropping his head against Bakugou’s shoulder, Todoroki rested his hands against the other's chest, feeling his heartbeat against his palm. “I knew father would be furious once he found out I escaped but how did he find out where we were?” 

 

“I don’t know love, I don’t know.” Bakugou held him closer, sliding his fingers through Todoroki’s hair trying to calm him down. “I was very ca-” Bakugou stopped talking when he heard footsteps, he was quick to hide Todoroki behind him. 

 

“Get them! The king wants them alive!” The guards rushed into the cave, charging towards the couple. They closed their eyes as a bright light filled the cave, feeling the ground move from under their feet.

 

“Todoroki!” Todoroki’s scream echoed as he tried to reach for Bakugou as they kept falling. Seeing the look on Todoroki’s face as he finally managed to grab a hold of him made Bakugou hold onto him tightly. “We’re going to be ok my love.” 

 

“Kacchan! Todoroki!” Midoriya ran up to them, gently pulling Todoroki off of Bakugou’s body. “Sensei! In here!” Pressing his fingers against the side of their necks he sighed in relief. “They’re alive but their pulse is very weak.” 

 

“We’ll bring them to recovery girl.” Sighing Aizawa picked Todoroki up. “He has some explaining to do.” 

 

“It doesn’t seem like they have been fighting.” Midoriya picked Bakugou up, following his teacher out of the building. “How did they pass out though? I saw Todoroki use ice, so that is his quirk right?” 

 

Aizawa grunted, ignoring the questions from the students as they made their way back to the school, they really had some explaining to do.


 

‘Oh no, was that too much Adam? Will they be ok?’

‘They are strong, they might have been just overwhelmed. Let’s be careful, my love’