Chapter Two

Embracing Memories

 

Bakugou’s heart was still racing when he stepped under the water, tilting his head back and closing his eyes.

 

“What the hell was that? Why couldn’t I hear anything, I couldn’t move at all.” Looking down, Bakugou raised his hands, frowning. “Did that bastard do something to me? I’ll ing kill him.” He punched the wall, setting off an explosion.

 

Protect him.’ Bakugou’s eyes widen, looking around for the voice. ‘But be careful, danger is just around the corner.’

 

“Who’s in here!? I’m not in the ing mood for any of your jokes.” Turning the shower off, Bakugou wrapped a towel around his waist, groaning as he ruffled his hair. “Whatever, it’s probably dunce face and that small fry messing with me.”

 

“, I forgot to bring my clothes.” Walking quickly, Bakugou made his way back to this room, ignoring the cold breeze against his neck. “ing idiot is messing with my head! Whatever, it’s not like I care what he does anyway.” Stomping towards his room he crossed his arms. “Danger? Who is in danger? Halfie? Am I in danger?”

 

He slowed to a stop when a door opened and Todoroki walked out with a blanket around his shoulders.

 

“Oh, Bakugou?” Todoroki’s eyes widened a bit at the half boy before him. “I-I heard someone yelling.” Clearing his throat, Todoroki looked away, getting flustered at the state the blonde was in. “I was about to look for you.” A blush rose on his cheeks, nibbling on his lower lip, looking everywhere but the blonde. “I was wondering where the kitchen was? I haven’t eaten anything since this morning.” 

 

Staring at the boy, Bakugou swallowed nervously. ‘He’s cute, isn’t he?’ clenching his fist he shook his head, growling, he stormed past Todoroki and into his room.

 

“ing idiot, can’t ing do anything himself.” Drying himself off quickly, he put on sweats and a sweater not bothering with any socks. “He looked so cute though.” His eyes widened at what he just said. “ing hell is wrong with me!” He slammed the door back open, frowning as Todoroki still stood there.

 

Todoroki didn’t even notice that the blonde was back in the hallway, staring out of the window he smiled softly as snow started to fall, mumbling to himself. Bakugou stepped a bit closer as he didn’t hear Todoroki.

 

“It was snowing then too, wasn’t it?” The look in Todoroki’s eyes changed as he saw Bakugou appear in the reflection of the window. “You were there too, it was a really cold day.” 

 

Bakugou stayed quiet, the dual haired boy looked so different at this moment, stepping even closer, Bakugou reached out to touch him when Todoroki opened his mouth to talk again.

 

‘The way you were messing with me, but you were so protective of me, even though we had just met.’ That wasn’t Todoroki talking, Bakugou knew that much. Shaking his head he cleared his throat. ‘It was a pretty nasty fall we made.’ 

 

“What are you talking about?” Frowning, Bakugou started walking. “You wanted to eat, right? Come on!” Bakugou wanted to know what the boy was talking about, he had never met him before. Has he? He does look familiar.  

 

“Eh? Bakugou? When did you get back?” Todoroki rushed to keep up with the blonde. “Your hair is still wet, you should dry it properly or else you’ll get sick.” Todoroki frowned when he didn’t get an answer. “Can you stop walking for a second?” 

 

“What!? What do you want!?” Bakugou turned around, glaring at Todoroki. He took a step back as the boy raised his hand, looking at him with big eyes. “What the are you doing?” Narrowing his eyes he suddenly felt warm, lowering his gaze, he locked eyes with Todoroki. 

 

“I’m uhm drying your hair…” Todoroki felt the blush return to his face the longer he stared into those red eyes. “Y-you’ll get sick otherwise…” He lowered his hand slowly as he was done. “There…all dry now.”

 

“You’re weird.” He knew he should start moving again but something about Todoroki made him want to stay there a little longer, made him want to look at the dual haired boy a little longer. ‘What are you doing to me….he’s so warm. I want to touch him.’ 

 

Bakugou lifted his hand but quickly put it down again, turning back around and clearing his throat, he started walking towards the elevator again. ‘What the hell was that!? Did I seriously want to…’ looking over his shoulder, Bakugou saw that Todoroki was still standing there. ‘, what the hell is going on!?’

 

“Oi! Icy-hot! You better hurry up if you still want to eat something!” Bakugou chuckled at the look on Todoroki’s face as the boy almost tripped over his own feet as he ran towards Bakugou. 

 

Todoroki stepped into the elevator without saying anything, standing as far from Bakugou as he could, he had his head lowered, his hair falling over his eyes.

Bakugou glanced over at him, wondering why he was so quiet all of the sudden, before he could open his mouth, Todoroki started talking.

 

“Did you also feel that? I saw the look in your eyes.” Still not lifting his head, Todoroki clenched his fist as ice covered his right side slowly. “I know we have only met today, but I fe-” Todoroki’s eyes widened as he heard a loud bang, he slowly moved his head to look at Bakugou, the blonde having him caged in between his arms. “Ba-Bakugou?” 

 

“I don’t know what the hell you’re doing or what the you’re talking about but if this is some sort of plan to distract me….” Bakugou growled, moving closer to Todoroki. “You better quit with whatever the you’re doing.”

 

“I’m not doing anything! I don’t know what is going on!” Starting to feel weak, Todoroki tried to steady himself, he quickly grabbed onto Bakugou’s arms as he felt his legs give out, both boys trying to ignore the shock that went through their body.

 

Todoroki could feel himself move more towards the blonde as he looked into Bakugou’s eyes. ‘Why do you look so familiar, why do I feel so scared but so safe when I’m near you?’ He couldn’t hear anything the blonde was saying and before he knew it, Bakugou pushed himself away and walked out of the elevator. 

 

“Wh-what…” Stumbling out of the elevator, Todoroki leaned against the wall. “What was that, why did I want him to touch me.” Walking behind Bakugou, he stared at Bakugou’s back, tracing his back muscles with his eyes. “Baku-” He halted his movements as he heard that voice again. Noticing Bakugou had stopped moving as well, he was about to question him when the blonde just kept on walking.

 

‘Charles, we need to be careful. Mikaela has warned us our time is limited.’ 

‘Exactly why we need to hurry, god he really is you, just as stubborn.’

 

Both boys had heard the voices again, but decided to keep it to themselves. For now.

 

“There it was again, what the is happening?” Bakugou mumbled to himself as he walked into the kitchen, leaning against the counter. “His quirk is fire and ice, he doesn’t seem to have any other quirks….then why am I feeling like this?” He didn’t look up as Todoroki walked in. “I’ll make us something.” 

 

Not saying anything, Todoroki hopped onto the counter, staring at Bakugou as the blonde started on the food, looking at Bakugou’s back, Todoroki wanted to do nothing more than to lean against it, like he always did. ‘Like I always did? What…’

 

“Can you show me more tomorrow?” Todoroki’s eyes widened, quickly looking away as Bakugou stiffened. “I-I mean, around the school!” Todoroki dug his nails into his thighs to stop himself from talking more.

 

Grunting, Bakugou agreed to do so, occasionally glancing over at Todoroki, his lips twitching up into a smile as he looked at the boy fidgeting.

 

‘He’s quite interesting…so much like you my love.’