Chapter One

Embracing Memories

 

Shouto has been feeling strange lately, he’s been having the strangest dreams and there are days he would catch himself daydreaming, or maybe it was all real, he honestly couldn’t tell the difference anymore. Humming, Shouto tapped the pencil against the table, head tilted. ‘Is there such a person like him out there? He’s not japanese…but for some reason I can understand everything he’s saying.’ Pouting, he continued to draw.

“Shouto, are you listening to me? Today is a big day, your first day at UA High!” Endeavor had been boasting about Shouto going to the infamous UA High. Shouto had rolled his eyes when his father announced his transfer from Shiketsu to UA. Shouto honestly couldn’t care where he was going, as long as he could find him.

“Are you still doing that?” Endeavor looked down at Shouto’s drawing pad, ignoring the way his son was glaring at him. “You’re training to become a hero, not to be an artist!” He reached down to take the drawing away from Shouto. “Who is that anyway?” 

“None of your business. Besides, I can have a hobby outside of training.” Scooting his chair back, Shouto collected his stuff and made his way to his room. “I’m going to get ready for school. No, you’re not coming with me.” Glaring at his father over his shoulder, Shouto slammed the door before he could even get an answer. 

During the car ride, Shouto looked out of the window, a tight grip on his bag. ‘You are so close, don’t give up.’ Sitting up straight, he looked around the car. That wasn’t the voice of his driver, who was it?

Taking a deep breath, he thanked his driver and got out of the car. ‘This is it, another new start.’

After closing the door of the car and watching his driver drive away, Shouto slowly turned to look at the big building of his new school, sighing as he made his way towards the entrance. School started a month ago, wouldn’t it be weird for someone to transfer schools so quickly? Shaking his head, Shouto headed towards the teachers lounge, papers in hand. 

“Excuse me? I’m Todoroki Shouto, I’m a new student here.” He bowed to a scrawny looking teacher. After looking things through, the teacher stood up and motioned for Todoroki to follow him. Shouto just let the man do all the talking, occasionally nodding to show he was listening.

“Here is your classroom, your home room teacher is Aizawa Shouta. Wait here for a bit.” Knocking on the door, the teacher slid open the giant door, bowing and greeting the other teacher before sliding the door back shut again.

Leaning against the wall outside of the classroom, Todoroki took a deep breath, waiting for the teacher to announce him as the new student.

 

Shouto’s eyes went wide the moment that door opened, did he imagine that? What was this feeling? Taking a few steps to the side, Shouto leaned against the wall, hand gripping onto the strap of his bag tightly. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Shouto tried to calm himself down, waiting for the teacher to let him inside. 

“That was the same feeling I keep having in my dreams, is he here? No that can’t be….” Shouto was mumbling to himself, completely oblivious that his teacher was trying to get his attention. “Unless it’s a quirk and he’s trying to tell me something?” Tilting his head back he narrowed his eyes. “But why me? Maybe someone is messing with me? Did I get hit by a quirk?” 

“Uhm, young Todoroki? Aizawa is expecting you to come inside so he can start the lesson for today.” The teacher rubbed his neck nervously, quickly ushering Todoroki towards the door. Giving Todoroki a thumbs up before walking away.

Taking another deep breath, sighing, he fixed his jacket and slid the door open, stepping inside the classroom, ignoring the gasps and mumbling.

“Everyone, this is our new student, please introduce yourself.” Aizawa looked at him, nodding.

 

“I’m Todoroki Shouto, 16 years old, I transferred from Shiketsu High.” Bowing lightly, Todoroki smiled slightly. “Please take care of me.” 

 

“Alright class, calm down, you can ask Todoroki questions during lunch. You can sit beside Yaoyorozu.” Standing behind the desk again, he sighed. “My name is Aizawa Shouta, wake me up when it’s needed, so unless you’re dying, I don’t want to hear anything.” 

 

Confused and mildly concerned, Todoroki made his way over to the empty desk in the back, having the feeling that someone had been staring at him the whole time. Sitting down slowly, he looked up, scanning the room to see who was looking at him. 

 

“Who is that guy who keeps glaring at me? Did I do something wrong?” Todoroki frowned slightly as he made eye contact with the blonde, trying to ignore how his heart was reacting to the boy.

 

“Oh that’s Bakugou Katsuki, you’ll get used to him.” She covered giggling. “He can be pretty scary but we all got used to his antics, he just doesn’t like big changes.” She sat back up straight. “My name is Momo Yaoyorozu, it’s nice to meet you Todoroki.” 

 

While she continued to talk, Todoroki couldn’t stop looking at the loud blonde, he had exploded his desk already ‘seems like he has a pretty powerful quirk’ resting his chin on his hand, Todoroki chuckled softly.

 

Todoroki hummed, getting more comfortable in his seat, already interested in the loud blonde. He chuckled softly as he heard Bakugou curse, slamming his pen on the desk. ‘His temper is the same as him…’ The giggle that rang through his ear made him sit up straight, shaking his head. Todoroki looked over at the girl next to him. “What’s our schedule for today? I think they forgot to give me one.” 

 

“Oh lets see, in about 20 minutes we will have some basic training, Aizawa mentioned something about teaming up. I’m curious to see what your quirk is.” She smiled softly at him, putting her book away. “But you can just watch for now if you are more comfortable with that.”

Looking away from her, his gaze landed on the blonde once again, he tensed up as red eyes glared at him. Hearing a whisper of a name in his ear made him cover it quickly, looking around frantically. ‘What was that, did she do that?’ He looked at the girl next to him only to see she had leaned over to talk to someone else. The whisper was so soft but he caught what it was saying. ‘Adam…was that the blonde’s name? No, didn’t she say his name was Bakugou?’ 

“What the hell are you looking at halfie!?” Bakugou had stood up, hands slamming against his desk as he did so. “You got something to say?! You have been staring at me ever since you got in here.” Making his way over to Todoroki, Bakugou leaned down, resting his palms against Todoroki’s desk, glaring into heterochromia eyes. “What? Cat got your tongue?”

Todoroki held his breath, trying to calm his quirk down. ‘Halfie? What kind of nickname is that?’ There was something so familiar about this boy but he couldn’t quite place it. Opening his mouth, Todoroki wanted to answer him but nothing came out.

Hearing a low ‘tsk’ from above him made him snap his head back up to look at Bakugou. He quickly scooted his chair back as a flash of white shot in front of them, eyes widening, Todoroki locked eyes with the blonde, only to see him mirroring his expression.

“Oi Bakugou! Are you coming? We need to get ready for training! And the new boy here needs to show us his quirk!” A boy with spiky red hair approached them. “Name’s Kirishima! Kirishima Eijirou” The boy grinned, wrapping an arm around Bakugou’s shoulder. 

 

“Don’t ing touch me ty hair!” Shrugging Kirishima’s arm off of his shoulder, Bakugou glanced over at Todoroki, fists clenched at his sides. ‘My my, ever so stubborn, that scowl will stay there if you don’t watch it.’ “The did you say!?” He growled at Kirishima who held up his hands, grinning.

 

“I didn’t say anything bro! Anyway, are you two ready to leave? Everyone else left already.” Walking towards the door, Kirishima looked back at the two, shrugging when they didn’t move. “Suit yourselves!”

 

“Ni-nice to meet you!” Todoroki quickly stood up, his eyes not leaving Bakugou. ‘What is this about him? Did I meet him before? Why do I feel so attracted to him already?’ “I-i’ll follow you guys.” Todoroki wrung his hands together nervously. He wasn’t scared of Bakugou, he was nervous, like something was about to happen. 

 

He grabbed his bag, trying to avoid looking at Bakugou. He quickly followed Kirishima, keeping his head down. 

 

As they arrived at the locker room, he leaned against the cold lockers, Todoroki sighed heavily. ‘ First day and I’m already going crazy? Is someone messing with me?’ Changing into his gym clothes, he made his way over to the grounds.

 

Todoroki watched as everyone was running around the field, either chasing each other or already sparring. Looking to his side he saw a couple of girls from his class giggling and looking at him, he blinked in confusion only making the girls giggle even more.

 

“Todoroki? right?” Todoroki jumped as he heard a new voice, slowly turning his head he sighed in relief. The boy laughed. “You thought I was someone else? I’m Midoriya Izuku, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to introduce myself during class. Kacchan was quite angry again.” 

 

“Kacchan? Who’s that?” Todoroki looked around, trying to see who it could be when he heard Midoriya laugh again. “What? Did I say something wrong?” 

 

“I’m talking about Bakugou, I call him Kacchan, it’s a nickname that stuck since we were kids.” Midoriya smiled softly as he looked away from Todoroki. “I could see he was quite interested in you already, haven’t seen him like that in years.” 

 

Todoroki could’ve sworn he heard a hint of jealousy in the green haired boy’s voice. 

 

Both boys jumped in surprise as the girls all screamed, they immediately made their way over to them, asking if they were ok.

 

“We’re ok!! Mina just found an article about soulmates!” A brown haired girl said, clearly excited. “Todoroki right? Have you heard about soulmates?” She giggled at the look on his face.

 

“I have actually, my father has banned me from doing anything about it though, I’m not sure why.” Todoroki’s gaze wandered over to the field where his eyes locked with Bakugou’s, his face turning slightly red, clearing his throat he quickly focused his attention back to the girl. “Wh-what about it?” 

 

Midoriya didn’t miss the short exchange between Todoroki and Bakugou, his eyes widened slightly for a second at the flushed and confused expression on Bakugou’s face. Covering his mouth, he started mumbling, his eyes darting back and forth between Todoroki and Bakugou.

 

“It has been said that you can’t use your quirk against your soulmate, someone even stated that if you touch your soulmate for the first time you will see a glimpse of your past life. How exciting is that!?” Her gaze flickered to Midoriya for a second, disappointed the boy wasn’t looking at her. 

 

“You think someone in our class could be soulmates? Bakugou and Kirishima have been awfully close lately.” Mina covered , giggling.

 

“Ashido! You can’t just say who can be soulmates or not, people could start feeling pressured!” Iida made wild gestures with his hands, getting flustered as the girls just laughed at him. “Y-you can’t joke about that, right Todoroki!?”

 

Todoroki frowned at that, clenching his fist, a wave of anger washing over him. 

 

“I’m going to refill my water bottle.” Bowing he quickly walked away, Todoroki didn’t notice the pair of eyes following him. “This is my first day and I already feel like hurting someone?” Sighing, he turned the corner, leaning against the wall. “I can’t be picking fights on my first day. What is it with him that makes me so…sensitive? Protective?” ‘Jealous’ Rubbing his face, Todoroki sighed deeply. “But there is something about him, I need to find out what though.” 

 

‘Scared, don’t lose him.’ Todoroki put his hand on his chest, taking a deep breath and trying to slow down his heart rate. “How could I possibly lose a person I don’t even know?” Frowning, he covered his face with his hands. “Who’s voice was that? It sounds so familiar.”

 

Someone cleared their throat, making Todoroki jump up, blinking rapidly, trying to focus on the blonde. 

 

“I could care less but Aizawa made me go look for you.” Bakugou scoffed, his arms crossed. “What the hell have you been doing? You’ve been gone for almost 2 hours.” Bakugou stared at him, trying his hardest to ignore what was happening around him. ‘Don’t push us away.’

 

“I thought you didn’t care?” Rubbing his eyes, Todoroki finally focused on Bakugou, his eyes widened as their surroundings slowly changed. “Wh-what... “ Shaking his head,squeezing his eyes shut, Todoroki slowly opened his eyes again only to see Bakugou looking at him, eyebrow raised.

 

“Whatever, just follow me ok? It's too late to go back to class now and I’m already done with training. Aizawa told me to show you your dorm room. er is too lazy to do that himself.” Bakugou didn’t even wait for Todoroki as he started to walk, making his way towards the dorms.

 

“W-wait a moment! Dorms? I didn’t know anything about being in dorms, I didn’t even bring my stuff.” Stumbling to catch up, Todoroki almost bumped into Bakugou as the blonde stopped walking. “Why are you looking at me like that?” 

 

“These ing teachers can’t do anything themselves! I will show you your dorm, ok? But I’m not going to be babysitting you!” Bakugou growled, small explosions leaving his palms. 

 

“Don’t expect you to do that, thank you for showing me though.” Todoroki smiled slightly, feeling his face heat up a bit. “I saw you fighting with Kirishima, I think that’s his name, you’re really strong.” 

 

“Hah! So you were paying attention?” Bakugou scoffed, walking into the dorms, making his way towards the elevator. “Deku said you guys were talking about soulmates? You actually believe in that crap?” Bakugou looked over his shoulder as he didn’t get a reply back. “For real? You know it’s not true right?” Scoffing, he rolled his eyes. “Dude, no one has ever found their soulmate, no one has ever talked about it.” Bakugou stepped inside the elevator, waiting for Todoroki to step in as well before pushing the button for the 4th floor.

 

“Maybe there is a reason why people haven’t found theirs yet? My father has banned me from looking at that kind of stuff, to block out anything that has to do with that, if it’s not real, why is he saying that?” Todoroki glared at the doors, keeping his distance from Bakugou. Feeling like he would catch himself on fire if he stepped any closer to the blonde.

 

“I don’t know man, I don’t know your old man.” Shrugging Bakugou leaned against the wall, observing Todoroki. “Believe what you want to believe, I don’t care. I have better things to focus on.” 

 

“I just don’t see a reason for people to make something like that up, we live in a world with quirks, we have these amazing powers we can use.” Todoroki looked down at his hands, covering his right side with a thin layer of ice, lightly lighting his left side on fire. “So why can’t soulmates exist?” Todoroki tilted his head to look at Bakugou, a shadow casting over his face, eyes sparkling in the light of the fire, Todoroki’s gaze made Bakugou shiver.

 

Bakugou’s eyes widened as Todoroki showed him his quirk, standing up straight Bakugou wanted to reach out and touch Todoroki, he was so mesmerized that he didn’t even hear Todoroki talk or notice that he had stopped using his quirk and the doors had opened. ‘Fu-, what was that? He looks….brea-.’

 

‘Breathtaking.’  Hearing a deep chuckle behind him, Bakugou felt his heart skip a beat. ‘I know, he’s yours.’  “Mine?” Bakugou mumbled, still staring at the spot where Todoroki stood, not realizing the doors had already opened.

 

“Bakugou? Are you ok? We arrived, which room is mine?” Todoroki kept the elevator door open, waiting for Bakugou to start moving. “Are you ok Bakugou?” Todoroki walked back inside the elevator, reaching out to shake Bakugou.

 

Stumbling back, Bakugou stared at Todoroki for a few seconds, his face flushed. ‘Who the was that? He sounded surprised but proud…’

 

“I-it’s the one right next to mine, you better not be loud!” Bakugou stomped his way towards Todoroki’s room, frowning at the way his heart was racing. “Everything should be in your room already, I’m going to hit the showers.” 

 

“Thank you, sorry if I scared you back there…” Messing up his hair a bit, Todoroki groaned. “I just get pretty defensive over soulmates, I’m not exactly sure why…” Biting his lip he looked at Bakugou. “And why does he try to keep this from me?”

 

Scoffing, Bakugou disappeared into his room, coming back out a minute later. Did he seriously just ing stuttered in front of the newbie!?

 

“I wasn’t scared for your information, if you need anything else, you’ll have to wait till I get back.” Bakugou frowned, walking away from the boy. “Why the hell am I offering to help him? The hell is going on.”

 

“Bakugou Katsuki….” Sighing, Todoroki clutched onto his bag, where his drawing pad was inside. “You look so much like him.” Todoroki opened the door to his room, closing the door he leaned against it, touching his ear, remembering the voice he heard earlier in the classroom. “Who is Adam and what does Bakugou have to do with him?” 

 

‘This is not going to be easy my love.’