O2 // Revelation

That Appeal

 

“So what you’re saying is, first we went to dinner and when we were there you saw one of your dance friends, or whatever. Then we ditched him, went the club HEAVEN, drank a little then . . . then what?” I stated, trying to find explanations.

“Yeah exactly then while I was talking to that ‘dance friend’ on my cell, well more like screaming that place was packed last night. And man was there a bunch of idiots, pft like always what else do except with the world these days, ugh. Anyways, like I was saying while I was on the phone with Key, and this small puppy like guy came up to us and started talking to you. You seriously don’t remember that? We only had I couple drinks by then.” She questioned.

“N-no I seriously don’t. I mean I know I’m a light weight drinker but isn’t this a little ridiculous?” I said feeling frustrated with myself.

Sumin nodded, telling that I had become irate with the situation. “Look I know what you’re worried about, and honestly I can’t tell you that it didn’t happen, but I can tell you is that it’s okay. It’s okay no matter what happened. I mean think about it aren’t you glad you found your way to my house? You should have seen me last night Eunje, I thought I was going crazy searching for you. But that doesn’t matter now cause you’re here safe with me. Now the problem is why aren’t you feeling well? That’s what’s worrying me and obviously you too by the look on your face.”

“Uh, yeah I don’t feel so good. But it’s not like I’m sick or anything, it just hurts.” I said, trailing off towards the end. I could feel my face flush the instant the words came out of my mouth.

“Are you talking about what I think you’re talking about?” Sumin choked, almost as scared as me, if not more.

Once again I just nodded, not knowing what else to say.

We sat there in silence for more than a few minutes. Sumin was thinking I suppose. Me well I was just praying that this wasn’t happening.

Sumin sighed, “Okay here’s what you do. You have to go to the doctors, whether you like it or not.”

I just sat there not wanting acknowledge the situation.

Sumin grabbed my hand. “Look I know it’s embarrassing but you’ve got to do this. If it makes you feel any better I’ll make the appointment for you.”

I said it was fine, it’d do it myself later. At this point I just wanted to lie back down and think about how I could do such a thing. I’m not this type of person.  So just why did this happen?

“Eunje why don’t you stay here and rest, I’ve got to go to work but I’ll leave my doctor’s information on the counter for you when you leave.” She nodded, wanting to stay to comfort her friend instead of having to deal with the nine o’ clock rush at the café.

Nevertheless Sumin had to leave, which left Eunje in her apartment to think about how foolish she was.

Two hours later she was sitting at the bar in the kitchen staring at the gynecologist card Sumin left.

Dr.Kim, Kim just like her, oh and like Jonghyun! W-wait how did she know that? She kept thinking Kim, Kim, why out of the whole night was this the only thing she is remembering. Come on Eunje-ah think harder. Jonghyun. Kim. Kim Jonghyun. Eunje closed her eyes straining her brain to remember.

And then just like that the last night’s events appeared in her mind. The puppy like guy named Jonghyun talking to her about anything and everything. She knew what he was doing, and to be honest it was working, though she would never admit it. The whole time he was talking she couldn’t stop trailing her eyes up and down his body. Those soft rose lips, and that kid-ish smile that played on them. His muscles well defined but not too much. And those hands, man those hands she would just love to have them all over her instead of hearing how it’s his noona’s 23rd birthday. 

Wow, wow, wow, Kim Eunje, what are you thinking? You’re not usually like this, you get shy at littlest glances whether it be an attractive guy or the mailman. But, it’s different with him. For some reason, she felt intrigued by Kim Jonghyun. Maybe it was this certain appeal he has, like the boy next door yet with a mysterious feel. Pft, what is she talking about he was just down right y.

It was that moment when Eunje decided to stand just a little too close to Jonghyun . He stopped talking looking at her questionably.

“Hnm . . .why don’t we get our own table?” She said feeling playful.

Eunje hadn’t flittered in a long time, and since Jonghyun was interesting she thought it would be even more interesting to get to know him. Or so she thought.

Jonghyun smiled and nodded. “I’d like that.” He replied, grabbing Eunje’s hand and leading her out sight from Sumin.

Eunje laughed in spite of herself. She remembered everything from there on, the ‘few drinks’ Jonghyun kept ordering, his whisper as he said he wanted to go somewhere private, and her following along. She knew what was going to happen, even though she was intoxicated she wasn’t stupid.

So she knew, yes she knew at the time, but when morning came she panicked. And now she’s stuck going to the doctor’s. She couldn’t possibly tell Sumin the truth now, it’d make her look like a total idiot and even worse a . But the truth was she didn’t care, not really. Eunje was sick of being the good one, the one that never speaks her mind and goes home first to study. She wanted to try new things, and last night Jonghyun was just that.

Eunje laughed again, feeling mixed emotions.

Well I guess I’ll just go, what’s the worst that can happen? I’ll just say that I wanted to get checked for STDS instead of the ‘problem’ I thought I had this morning. Yeah I’ll do that after all I probably need to anyways.