O1 // Hungover

That Appeal

 

“Yah, Eunje-ah!”

Hnm ugh what? Eunje still incoherent from the amount of alcohol intake the night before begins slowly recovering her senses. She could hear what she assumes to be her best friend Sumin banging around in the kitchen. She could smell the scent of laundry detergent from the ruffled sheets she was laying on.  Yet should couldn’t seem to place what happened last night, wait no she remembered going to eat with Sumin and . . . a-and who?

, she couldn’t remember. This is so not good. Eunje sat up rubbing her temple. She had to remember something. Think. She continued sitting there, trying to file through her brain yet nothing was coming up. Soon she felt herself begin to drift back into sleep. WAIT NO THERE IT IS! She could hear it, the blaring music as her, Sumin, and the mystery guess entered one of the most popular clubs in Seoul. She could smell the reek of alcohol mixed with sweat as people continued to trust onto each other, and then blank. Nothing else. . . She couldn’t even remember drinking, yet she knows she did by the pounding headache and of course the temporary memory loss.

Eunje then heard footsteps coming down the hall to where she rested.

“Yah Eunje-ah, get up it’s already 1:30.” The voice rang nearing the room.

Eunje relaxed. She recognized this voice. Sumin, it was Sumin, thank the Lord. Good she was somewhere safe.

“Eun- wait your up? Well good morning sunshine.” Sumin said and patted the hung over friend’s . She loved to tease Eunje. I mean who wouldn’t especially with the reactions she makes. Anyone could tell she was the cuter of the two. 

Eunje was the more soft and sweet type, while Sumin was outspoken and liberated. This made for their bizarre yet fairly normal friendship.

Eunje cleared . “Water…uh, I need water.” Was all she could manage to say, she felt as if she had a knife down .

“Pft, okay Miss Kim, I will get that right away.” Sumin mocked, sarcasm was her second nature.

Three seconds later she was handing me a glass of water with a hint of concern on her face.

“So how are you feeling?” She asked.

“Well much better thanks to you, I replied flashing small smile.

Sumin raised her eyebrows not fully believing her best friend. However she couldn’t keep her curiosity in anymore.

“Good then I can just skip the rest of the check up and ask about what happened last night.” Sumin declared, with a hint of excitement in her eyes.

“What happened last night?” I asked. Half of me wanting to know what she knew, the other half nervous as to what had really went down last night. Just what exactly did I do?

“Uh, yeah you know. “ Sumin said nudging my knee.

“B-but I don’t.” I swallowed feeling oddly guilty.

“Ya~h are you serious? Like for real?” Sumin said, not completely believing my words. I had that coming to be honest, I have hidden things from her before. Of course she always gets it out of me one way or another. I’m not sure why I even hide stuff from her anymore. I lied, I know exactly why. It’s not because of her, but because I’m not confident in myself. It’s either one because I feel like I rely on her too much, or two I feel embarrassed, which according to her is for no apparent reason.

Anyway, back to the real issue here. I just nodded in reply, unsure what was going to be said.

What Sumin said next, was something that made me worried sick.