episode4

A Dark Light (season2)

By reviewing that memory, a smile formed in contrast to his tearful face and an unwanted sob jumped out of his throat.

- Forgive me Shiwon! I was not a good friend to you.

  ***

Kyuhyun was sitting on the couch in the living room, confused, trying to remember the past night properly.

- He and I were making love and then?

Why didn't he remember? Suddenly something flashed in his mind.

He lost his composure when he finished eating and pressed Von's neck more than normal!

- Damn me, I am sadistic with this work!

He hit his head on the back of the couch and sighed. He decided to take a look at the file he had sent to his phone to distract himself until Hyukjae arrived.

With a cursory glance, he did not notice anything special in the file, so he read again and again until a word caught his attention: "My property".

Why was this word so familiar to him, wasn't it a word like thousands of other words?

Property recovery...

Property recovery...

to take back-

His eyes widened in shock and he was filled with fear.

- No, this is not possible!

flashback

The year 1907

Dadario's mansion.

The man woke up disgusted by the aggressive yet gentle touches. He took a deep breath to control his nerves which made the older man smirk.

- You finally woke up, my prince.

Matthew, just leave me alone.

Matthew rolled his eyes and took on an innocent look.

-        what did I do?

- Today is a holiday! On the same day of the week when you said you have nothing to do with me!

He got up from the bed with anger and looked at Matthew, who put his hand under his head and looked at him with a smile.

- I made the law myself, I can break it myself, calm down.

He took a pillow from the bed and threw it at Matthew's face, only to be met with a giggle.

He picked up the pillow to hit his face again, but it fell on him as his hand stretched out. Before he could get up, Matthew's long arms wrapped around his shoulders and placed Kyuhyun's head on his chest.

- Let's stay like this for a while.

He knew that even if he didn't want to, he couldn't do anything. Matthew's physical strength was beyond that of a human, maybe because he always exercised?

- Sometimes I hate my mother.

After hearing a sentence that he did not expect at all, Kyuhyun lifted his head from Matthew's chest again and looked at Matthew who was staring at the ceiling with a confused face.

- Do you know what parents are like? As if they own people and you have to do whatever they say, otherwise...

Matthew's voice stopped when he got here, which made him look at him curiously.

- Otherwise?

He tried to encourage him to continue his speech with this word and he succeeded.

- Otherwise, they will call you a delinquent child and punish you so that you behave exactly as they want.

- My father is not like this!

Matthew smiled and finally looked up from the ceiling to look at him.

- I know That's why we are jealous of you.

Was he jealous of him? To a poor village boy whose only wish was to live away from war in a peaceful country? With his condition, he couldn't even think about dating Woohyun, let alone-

- Don't think about Woohyun when you're with me!

Matthew's sudden scream made him pull away from him and fall off the bed.

- Did you read my mind?

Matthew angrily sat on the bed and grabbed his hair.

- I came to your room to remember what a silly conversation I had with my mother, then you are thinking about another boy? Do you know anything about sympathy?

-        I am sorry.

Matthew's fiery anger was neutralized by his honest sentence and he was silent again by leaning against the wall.

Again, for a few minutes, there was relatively calming silence. His knee hurt because of falling off the bed, but if sitting motionless on the floor caused this relative peace, he was willing to bear the pain so that Matthew wouldn't touch him again.

- Do you know what he calls me when I don't listen to him and he wants to get on my nerves?

- Umm... Stupid?

Matthew's bitter laugh was heard. He looked at him with a sad look as Kyuhyun wanted to hug him to take away some of his pain.

- Property. He always sees me as his property. When I don't do what he wants, he says, "I'm just taking back my property so that you can do what I need, just like a bloodhound."

- If this is a bad thing, why are you saying the same thing to me?

Unconsciously, he jumped out of his mouth and quickly closed his mouth so as not to ignite Matthew's anger. But Matthew was too tired to react sharply.

- It's painful when you find out that you have the same morals of your mother that you hate, because you will be a boy anyway and you will be influenced.

Matthew tried to imitate his mother's way of speaking:

- You are among my property! Do not dare to do anything other than my orders!

Matthew's thin voice, which was strangely comically similar to his mother's tone, made Kyuhyun laugh.

- Even the sound of your laugh is beautiful, Kyuhyun. If this is hell and you are the forbidden fruit, then anyway I am being punished and you are my prize.

Now that Matthew understood what word Kyuhyun hates like him, he didn't want to repeat it anymore. Maybe this way he could one day win the heart of this handsome boy.

The end of the flashback

The continuous sound of the doorbell brought him out of his darkest memories and made him rush to the door and be surprised to see Donghae instead of Hyukjae.

- Donghae-

Donghae's hard fist to his mouth made him take two steps back and grab his hand on the wall to keep his balance.

- How dare you kill my friend in Awadi?

Kyuhyun looked at him in disbelief and his eyes were red from his anger and sadness.

-        your friend? Won is your friend?

- Shiwon! Damn you, his name is Shiwon!

After saying this, Donghae quickly moved towards Shiwon's familiar room and his heart dropped when he saw the quilt on Shiwon's whole body. He cautiously went towards him and pulled the quilt down to him shoulders with trembling hands. The pale face and body and the heart that stopped beating were all proofs of his death. Tears again flowed from his eyes like a river. He sat on the bed to shake him by holding his shoulders.

- Shiwon, you have no right to die! Shiwon!

- Hey!

Shiwon's sudden awakening with red eyes and long fangs caused Donghae to throw his not-so-manly scream on the ground.

 

Shiwon had turned into a vampire?!