episode5

A Dark Light (season2)

When the doorbell rang, Hyukjae got up to invite Sungmin inside. Little by little, Yesung's body temperature was returning to normal, and this made him feel the pain of his sprained wrist more clearly and his eyes became teary.

Hello Yesung, we met again.

Sungmin said with a faint smile on his lips and opened his accessory bag to examine Yesung's hand.

- I was hoping to see each other in better conditions the second time. I am sorry that you had to come here at this time of night for my treatment.

Sungmin smiled more genuinely this time because of Yesung's personality and started treating his hand without saying a word.

Hyukjae, who was relieved about Yesung, hurriedly changed his clothes and left the house by taking off his kilt and putting it on the back of his pants. He could not wait until the morning to arrest the head of the cafe; Perhaps even now he was wiping away all traces of the crime.

When he got into the car, after texting Donghae about going to the cafe and Sungmin being next to Yesung, he put the phone in his pocket and started the car. His heart was burning for his friend who became interested in someone after a long time, but he turned out to be a vampire. The friendship between humans and vampires never ended because apart from not having anything in common, they were more like the hunted and the hunter.

Due to the silence of the streets, he easily reached the cafe in the middle of the night and was surprised that the light was on there. Although he was supposed to go there only to check the documents, it seemed that the owner of the cafe simply left without turning off the light or locking the door.

He got out of the car and released the trigger of the gun and slowly walked into the quiet cafe. He was well aware of the presence of the other vampire as if he was waiting for him, so he raised his weapon so that he would at least not be surprised.

He went straight to the kitchen and when he didn't see anyone there, he decided to go to the second floor. Even though he didn't need light to see at night, the absolute darkness and silence fueled the fear that had struck him for no reason. He was happy that he came alone, if Donghae was with him, he would be so distracted by taking care of her that he wouldn't need to be a police officer anymore. He shook his head to get out of Donghae's thoughts, he shouldn't be distracted by anything.

When he reached the second floor, he saw a man sitting on a chair in the corner near the window.

- How long did it take you to come up?

The man's cold and even plaintive tone made his eyebrow rise unconsciously. The man's voice was completely strange to him, so who was he that he knew? From that hellish city that had no relatives or friends except Sungmin.

- Don't say you forgot me!

The man's disbelieving laughter was heard and Hyukjae just decided to stand still for the time being to get more information from the talkative man facing him.

- This situation is getting nerve-racking!

The man got up and calmly walked forward step by step and spoke.

- Don't you remember whose plan it was to screw up Hyukjae?

Blood boiled in Hyukjae's veins. In these 8 months, no matter how much he insisted to Donghae not to mention the name of the person who planned to drag him to the mansion, lest Hyukjae takes revenge on him. Because Donghe was afraid that this flood of revenge would never end and the chance of a new life that they had won would be wasted. At first, he thought it was Donghae's own plan, but when it came out of Donghae's mouth that someone else had suggested this plan to him, he was curious to know who that bastard was.

A lie, why did he really want to find the situation of that stranger who was the cause of his death and the events after that, and pour all his heart and soul on her, so even if he promised Donghae, he would not do anything to that person. If he didn't have such a promise, he wouldn't keep it.

Don't you want to say anything, don't you, or do you still want to pretend you don't remember me?

The man kicked the chair next to him and stopped moving to let out his breath greedily.

- You left the city after the death of your parents and you didn't know that everyone who was involved in that process died somehow. We were all afraid of who was going to be the next person and many were afraid of being transferred to other cities.

Hyukjae's eyes widened. Anyone who had a part in that incident was killed? A memory of Kyuhyun came to his mind and made him frown.

flashback

Two months after becoming Hyukjae

- Come on, we are both men, what are you ashamed of?

Kyuhyun finally made a move with the sound of a slur and took off the small towel around his waist and entered the water in the foggy atmosphere created by the steam of the artificial lake. He sighed from the pleasant heat and relaxed his body and leaned against the wall of the lake, which was made of small and large pebbles. The pleasant silence lasted only a minute before he turned his head to the left with a sound he heard.

- Do you need anything else, sir?

said a woman who had entered the private lake area with two half- girls and looked at Kyuhyun with an expectant smile.

He knew that Kyuhyun had a lot of free relationships in the two months that had passed since his transformation, he had lost count of the number of people who came and went to Cho Kyuhyun's mansion, but he also knew that Kyuhyun was trying to prevent He should comply and create psychological security for him. It was not easy for a new vampire to control his desires and he might kill them unintentionally while having and drinking blood from humans. He was doing something.

So this time, he tried to persuade Kyuhyun to reject the girls by pleading in his eyes, and as expected, Kyuhyun turned to the woman with just one look in his eyes and smiled politely.

- No thanks, we don't need anyone. Just leave the alcohol and the flavors aside.

The girls, who saw two attractive men in the lake and thought they could have a dream for a night, sighed desperately and left there with the boss with loose steps.

-        Ah! I feel like I am raising a child. I just understand what my father did to me.

Kyuhyun's beautiful laugh echoed in that small and humid environment and made him smile faintly. He still didn't know if turning into a supernatural being was a good thing for him or not, but he was satisfied that he no longer had to endure a poor and pitiful life, and on the other hand, his classmates could no longer hurt him.

After the identity crisis that he went through and the many strange emotions that he had difficulty controlling, he was able to enjoy a little of the wealth and position that he had because of Kyuhyun's company. In fact, he knew that he owed him, and if it wasn't for him, after that cold bath he took in the river, even if he returned to his humble home alive, he would have had a hard chest. Apart from the fact that he was cursed from the day after Halloween, he had to be the laughingstock of his classmates until the end of the school year.

- You lost your mind again.

He raised his head and obediently walked towards Kyuhyun who was facing him. He knew very well that Kyuhyun was not a person who could deal with disobedience, even if he said that he treated Hyukjae in the best and gentlest way.

When he reached one step, he stopped and waited for the next order, but when Kyuhyun ran his hand into his newly dyed hair, he suddenly got a shock.

- Well, I told you to dye your hair. Blonde suits you very well.

Yesterday, when Kyuhyun returned from his trip to Korea for a few days, he suddenly suggested that they go together and dye their hair for a new start in Japan. Kyuhyun's brown hair turned white and his black hair became blonde at his suggestion. He still didn't know why Kyuhyun returned to South Korea and what he meant by a new start, but he felt good from his relaxed eyes and didn't dare to ask him a question about his trip. But Kyuhyun was a genius at reading other people's thoughts.

- You must be curious to know why I left Japan.

His waiting look caused Kyuhyun's lips to stretch more and he spoke by pouring wine for both of them.

- I had a half-finished job in Korea.

He handed him the half-full cup and motioned him to lean against the wall next to him.

- Didn't you expect that after the disaster that happened to you, I will not bring disaster to them?

The wine jumped into his throat and he started coughing. Did Kyuhyun bring trouble to his classmates? what's wrong

- And- but didn't you say, h-myself-

He tried to speak with a cough, but Kyuhyun answered earlier:

- I told you that you are going to take revenge on that Donghae boy, not your classmates. They are too many and you are inexperienced while you have another 10 months to take revenge on him. The group that was at the Halloween party is not going to be at this year's Halloween either, because each of them might get accepted to a university in a city and not be together.

Kyuhyun's words seemed logical as always and made him relax a bit and taste the delicious wine again.

- How did you punish them?

Kyuhyun's smirk scared him. He himself wanted those es to be punished for their actions, but he also knew about Kyuhyun's excesses in punishing and did not know how far he had gone.

- You better not worry about these things and focus on getting stronger. You still eat blood with cuteness, while you know that now your body only needs blood, not those normal people's foods.

He knew very well, but when he thought that the blood he was drinking from the blood bag belonged to a human, he felt nauseous.

- I want to drink blood, but-

- Are you in a bad mood? Well, this is normal, I was like this too, but I got used to it with difficulty. You have me to help you, but at that time I was very...

As expected, Kyuhyun's pride never allowed him to utter the words, "I was alone," so as he watched him take a breath of wine, he moved a little closer to him and said softly:

- Now I'm next to you.

His words made Kyuhyun giggle and spit out the wine he had in his mouth. He looked curiously at his teary eyes and when Kyuhyun noticed his gaze, he raised his hand again to caress his hair.

- Sometimes you are very cute. A 17-year-old blonde cutie who wants to take care of a centuries-old old vampire!

Kyuhyun laughed loudly and suddenly took the metal bottle that he had brought for him with a serious look. He knew that there was human blood inside the bottle and that it was time to feed him, but he could not stop his face from crumpling.

Seeing his hesitation, Kyuhyun put his cup aside and by emptying half of the bottle in his mouth without giving him time to react, he raised his chin and placed his lips on his, forcing the blood into his mouth.

This was the second time that he was giving him blood like this. The first time he had given his own blood to make him a vampire, and now to feed him.

When he swallowed the last drop, Kyuhyun took a step back and looked down at him because of the height difference.

- You know, I don't mind giving you blood all the time myself, but since I'm not unemployed and I can't play the role of a babysitter, you have to stand up for yourself and this.

He pointed to the bottle in his hand and continued:

- It is the first duty that you must do in order to protect yourself. So now you either eat the rest yourself or I will feed you again.

His hesitation made Kyuhyun want to use his method again, this time the bottle was snatched from his hand and he drank a breath of blood himself in order not to be attacked by his aggressor's lips. When he put the empty bottle aside, Kyuhyun smiled contentedly and caressed his cheek.

- If you want to take your revenge, you have to be strong and for this, you can't trust and rely on anyone but yourself, even me.

Kyuhyun's shiny eyes were staring at him full of words in the foggy atmosphere around them, and only one question was running through his mind:

Kyuhyun, what did you do with my classmates?!

The end of the flashback

Hyukjae came out of his memory and realized that he could not remain silent any longer.

-        who are you?

His voice surprised the man because he heard his catch his breath and that made him feel a little superior.

- T-You... Hyukjae?!

His surprised loud voice was still unknown to him. he was tired of this cat-and-mouse game. He went to the power switch and after turning it on, he immediately returned to it by aiming his gun, but he was shocked to see a person he did not expect at all.

- Ryeowook?!

A stunned silence filled the cafe. None of them believed what they saw.

Hyukjae couldn't believe that Ryeowook was the one who planned to drag him to the Donghae mansion, and Ryeowook couldn't believe that he could see Hyukjae alive after all these years. From the beginning, the only thing that calmed him after all that tragedy was the thought that Hyukjae had died of loneliness and hunger, but now he even saw him as a vampire!

- Why didn't Ryeowook‘s die?!

The sound of Ryuk's terrible scream made him cover his ears and he wondered how the windows of the cafe had not broken yet with such a loud voice. The sound of Rywook's nervous gasps made him lower his hands from his ears and stare at him with a frown.

- What was your problem with me, you bastard?

Ryeowook laughed in disbelief.

- What was my problem with you?! You mean you didn't know how you were a pain in my at that time? How come our father always beats you in my head?!

He did not believe what he heard. The school principal hit him on the head of his son? Who was he? what did he have He didn't even have a normal family and all the people of the city looked at him with pity and except for the times when they felt sorry for him and gave him warm food, most of the time he was alone, hungry and tired in his shed, where His parents were dead and he lived.

- Why should someone like me hit me in the head when everyone's heart is burning me?

He said tiredly as if thinking about the darkest period of his life took all his energy and strength.

Ryewook looked at him angrily and when he saw his tired and surprised look, he realized that he really didn't know anything. So he took a deep breath to control his nerves and sat on the nearest chair.

- Okay, so sit down and let me explain!

flashback

The last year of high school - the principal's room

The test papers were hit in his face, he took a step back due to the impact and closed his eyes because of the loud scream of his father.

- What sin did I do to have a dumb son like you? What did I miss for you? Why don't you care about my reputation? How come the principal's son always gets the last grade instead of being a role model among his classmates? Aren't you studying with Deputy Yang's daughter? How come he always gets perfect marks and you are last?

Hearing the two words "Deputy Yang" and "Deputy Yang's daughter", he could hardly hold back his giggles. Deputy Young had been in a relationship with his mother for 3 years and his stupid father had not noticed even with the board games between the two of them, and he slept with his under the pretext of getting tutoring from the deputy's daughter to make up for it, and in exchange for those questions He gave him a test. Why didn't he get a grade even though he had access to all the exam questions? Very simply because he hated studying!

He just had to graduate so that he could get the money to buy a coffee shop in Seoul by blackmailing Vice Yang and his daughter for the videos he secretly took of his relationship with his mother and his own relationship with that girl. Get out of this dirty little town.

- Why are you mute?!

His father's scream echoed in the office again. It was lucky that the management office was somewhere far away from the crowd of students and classes, otherwise, the whole school would have become a joke with all this shouting.

As if he had remembered something, his father took a paper from among the exam papers scattered on his desk and showed the name of the owner of the paper.

-        Behold! Even that parentless Hyukjae got 87! He who works even after school, how does he study? You are not even half the size that you got 35! If your score is below 80 this time, I will accept Lee Hyukjae as your guardian! Anyway, Mayor Jang's suggestion is to increase my popularity and if I do this, I have a great chance to become mayor after retirement.

The blood froze in Ryeowook ‘s veins. Will that dirty orphan child be his brother? He lowered his head and gritted his teeth. He wanted to destroy it with his own hands.

Father, please give me this one time to make up for it.

He tried his best to ask politely, and after his father gave him a nervous look, he said "OK" and motioned for him to leave the office.

When he left the office, he could only think of one thing: to completely destroy Lee Hyukjae.

He gathered himself and brought himself to the last class they had that day. Right away, he heard Sungmin and Hyukjae's laughter in the classroom and fisted his hands. For now, he had to keep his cool in order to find a solution.

He spent the whole class staring at the board and the teacher, but thinking about revenge until the end of the class, an idea came to his mind. For this, wide cooperation was needed, and anyone who disagreed could somehow be persuaded to achieve his wish.

He glanced at Donghae who was sitting in front of him and was carefully taking notes. He was supposed to be the main star of this plan and he was working behind the scenes without anyone knowing.

He grinned at the sound of the bell and decided to follow Sungmin and Hyukjae as they walked to the restaurant together. When the two separated and Sungmin turned into another alley alone, he went to him and called him.

- Hey Sungmin!

Surprised, Sungmin turned to him and raised an eyebrow. Of course, he should have been surprised because even though Sungmin's father was a doctor and he was considered one of the prosperous strata of their city, they hardly spoke to each other at parties and their visits were only related to family parties between the rich people of the city. would be

-        Hello.

As expected, Sungmin gave a short answer in order to say his main words sooner. He didn't want to and didn't have time to go to the side.

- You are going to become a doctor like your father and grandfather, but your grades are not very good, are they?

Sungmin's frown and pursed lips confirmed the truth, so he continued sullenly:

- What do you think if I give you last semester's questions?

Sungmin's big eyes got bigger and he answered loudly:

- What? Why? How're you? can What do you want in return?

He grinned. They had reached his favorite part.

- I just want one small thing from you.

Sungmin closed the distance between them so that no one could hear their conversation and asked the whisperers:

- What?

- Bring Lee Hyukjae to Donghae's house on Halloween.

Sungmin opened and closed his mouth wordlessly a few times trying to find the right words.

-        what do I do? are you crazy? Don't you see, they are like knives and cheese!

He rolled his eyes and interrupted Sungmin.

- Don't do anything and just do what I said! I agree with Donghae on this matter; you got it?

Seungmin seemed to be making light of the situation, but when it took more than a minute, he got nervous.

- Just bring that damn thing to that damn party and become a doctor for it, you don't want to think so much!

Sungmin hesitantly nodded his head in agreement and continued on his way without saying a word.

Now the easy part was left, so he returned with a triumphant smile to go to the restaurant and see Donghae and his usual team behind the usual table.

-        Hello friends!

He said happily and sat down on the empty seat next to Donghae.

Donghae nodded in greeting and raised his hand and called Hyukjae to register their order and of course, have some fun.

- What's your wish-

- Fried chicken half salty and half sour and sweet! Bring Tangsuyuk and Spicy Ramen too!

Donghae growled and didn't give Hyukjae a chance to speak, but as if he wasn't satisfied yet, he gave another order.

- Change my water glass, it looks dirty.

Hyukjae approached the table without saying a word, and after taking the glass, as soon as he returned, he fell on the ground with Donghae's foot, and the glass turned into a thousand pieces. The laughter of Donghae's friends rose and Ryeowook giggled with satisfaction.

-        Butter!

Hyukjae got up and walked silently and this time limping towards the kitchen to return with a broom and dustpan after giving the order to the cook.

- Are you limping, Hyukjae, did someone leave you?

Again the sound of laughter was heard and echoed in the small space of the restaurant.

Donghae, who was already embarrassed by Hyukjae's indecisiveness, opened his legs and motioned for him to sweep under his feet as well.

- Be quick, I'm hungry!

Ryeowook said in order to send Hyukjae to the kitchen sooner and finally, as he wanted, he was alone with Donghae and his friends. He pulled himself a little towards Donghae to get his attention.

Don't you get tired of bothering that dirty orphan like this?

Donghae put the glass of water on the table and frowned.

- When he sees him, he gets stiff, I can't help but bother him.

Ryeowook smiled and said his last words early:

- What do you think, if you invite him tomorrow for Halloween so that we can check his mood he can make history?!

The end of the flashback

The gun was shaking with anger in Hyukjae's hand. So that was how that disaster happened to him? Simply because his grades were higher than Ryeowook’s?

He thought about how bright his future would be if manager Kim really adopted him and showed him the life he wanted.

- M-I could improve! I didn't have to wash dishes in the restaurant anymore! The others can't bully me anymore! Damn you, you deprived me of all this just because of your father's condition?!

Hyukjae shouted his last words and got up from the chair. He could not believe that happiness was so close to him and yet so far away. It didn't matter to him that Manager Kim's motive for taking care of him was to gather popularity to become the mayor, the fact that he had shelter and warm food waiting for him was even more than enough for him, but now he was just a dead man who came back to life and was bloodthirsty. The disgust of what he had become burned his being in a second and destroyed him. At this moment, he even hated the 17-year-old Donghae who had accepted Ryeowook ‘s proposal.

- this-

Ryeowook ‘s voice ignited his anger, and by grabbing him by the throat and hitting him against the large windows of the cafe, he cracked the glass.

- Shut up! Just shut up! Happiness was less than 3 weeks away from me and you decided to get rid of me sooner than that! If you didn't do anything, none of us would have died and we wouldn't have lived with hatred! Look at ourselves, what are we now?

He chuckled nervously and nodded.

- I'm glad that Kyuhyun killed you to become someone like me! Now you have achieved your dream and have a cafe while you are dead from the inside and only the blood of people has kept you alive!

Hearing this, Ryeowook frowned and tried to speak by loosening Hyukjae's strong fingers that were wrapped around his neck.

- Who is Kyuhyun? The one who beat me to death was a strange white-haired boy who said that I should atone for my sins by being beaten and that he wants to come to me every Halloween to treat me but...

Ryewook's voice stopped as if he was deep in thought, but Hyukjae had no time to waste, so he forced Ryewook to continue faster by banging on the window again and causing more cracks in the glass.

- When I woke up after being beaten, a foreigner gave me blood and before killing me, he told me that he was making me strong so that I could take my revenge with his help.

Thanks to Kyuhyun, he had seen thousands of foreign vampire men, but this general profile could not help him find that person. That vampire might be trying to get revenge on Kyuhyun and finding out more details would help a lot.

- He didn't say anything? Didn't he have a tattoo? Or anything that defines it?

- He just said his name is Matthew.

Matthew again! As if that man was not going to give up on them even after his eternal death. But it was interesting to him that just as Kyuhyun had tried to create an army for himself by vampirizing others, Matthew had done the same with all that power.

- Well then, it doesn't matter, we sent it to Derek anyway.

Rywook looked at him suspiciously and asked a question while trying to distract Hyukjae from his left hand.

-        what do you mean? The one who told me to reveal my identity was not Matthew. A few weeks ago, a woman came to me and gave Matthew's details and told me that he lost him and that only a certain number of people might know where he is hiding, and since I owe my life to Matthew, I must help that woman, otherwise, it will be bad. see

- That woman who-

With a terrible burning sensation in his side, the word got stuck in his mouth and he fell to the ground with a groan.

Ryeowook pointed to the small colt in his hand and continued:

- Of course, he also gave me this to defend myself. I have never heard anything about Rosalia flower before and imagine how much I can torment you with 5 bullets left in this colt?

Ryeowook laughed and greedily kicked Hyukjae's injured side only to laugh again at the sound of his pained scream.

- I-I…pl-…c…

When Hyukjae didn't understand anything from his ramblings, he put his foot on the same wound and leaned towards it.

- What are you saying, ?

In a second, Hyukjae wrapped his legs around Ryeowook's neck and twisted it until Ryeowook's neck snapped and fell to the ground.

He got up with difficulty and put his hand on his side.

- I said I am a policeman! Did you think I was not trained for such a situation?

Even though Ryeowook was unconscious for several hours and couldn't hear, he answered and after removing Ryeowook ‘s valuable gun, he threw him in his bag and put him in the trunk of his car when he left the cafe.

With a sigh, he sat in the car and took a pair of pliers from inside the dashboard to remove the bullet himself for emergencies when he was shot and could not pretend to be injured by going to the hospital. However, the part of the bullet that was smeared with Rosalia's sweat left its impact and made him extremely weak and disturbed, so even after removing that annoying bullet, his condition did not improve much, but his wound was closed.

He looked at the address that Kyuhyun had given him an hour before and started the car and drove to the same destination. Since Donghae was also in front of Kyuhyun, it would be better if he introduced himself to them and explained the situation to them. In this way, 3 people could make a better decision about Ryeowook.

- The woman who found Matthew from Ryeowook, if she is a powerful vampire and finds out that Matthew was killed, will come to each and every one of us.

He hit the steering wheel in anger and changed the gear.

- What the hell we should do?!

 

fa59ed84761ed92c6ed1168d5132a5a0

Blonde Kyuhyun

 

4df0a2a197910d28b68ef47f72695c16

 

17 years old Hyukjae