Five Years

Dirty Little Secret

 

 

DaeHyun yawned as he came out of the shower, drying his hair. He was greeted by a meow from below.

“Morning, Bi,” he chuckled, petting the clearly hungry cat on the head as he went to feed the little one.

“Didn’t sleep well?” EunWoo asked as she placed two bowls of rice on the table.

“Not really,” he replied. His sleepy eyes began to twinkle at the sight of all the food on the table as he placed Bi’s bowl of food on the ground. “Ooooh, you really went all out this morning. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks.”

She pouted, hitting him on the head with her chopsticks while blushing a slight pink from embarrassment, “Be quiet! I would be perfectly fine with ordering food but my boyfriend is such a glutton, I couldn’t possibly afford it! Hmph! I don’t think the Infinite boys combined have enough money to feed YOUR mouth!”

“Thank you for the meal~” DaeHyun teased as he tried the eggs in front of him. “Ooooh, I guess after all these years, you finally can cook eggs without burning them.”

“That was one time!” she defended, slamming her chopsticks on the table. “I’M LEAVING!”

“Aw, I was just teasing, come finish your meal at least,” DaeHyun coaxed with a mischievous smile. She sat back down, grumbling under her breath about stupid boyfriends and their stupid needs and something about putting poison in the food next time.

“You’re lucky I love you so much!” EunWoo huffed as she shoveled food down angrily. He chuckled at her behavior and smiled affectionately at her.

“Very lucky.”

After finishing her bowl, she got up and grabbed her backpack.

“Oh, you have class today? What day is it?” DaeHyun asked as he looked at the calendar.

“Yeah, but thankfully I have a loose schedule today. I’ll drop by the café when I’m done, okay?” EunWoo informed, in which DaeHyun nodded while putting the dirty plates in the sink.

“Have a safe trip,” he called out as she ran out. “I love you!”

“I love you too!”

A playful grin donned his face while he washed the plates before leaving for work.

~

Ring-a-ling~

DaeHyun yawned as he entered the café/bakery HimChan decided to open a couple years back. Their second-in-command shamelessly named it “Best Absolute Pastries.” They decided to let him keep the name on the account that he wasn’t allowed to name things ever again.

“Hyung! Good morning!” JunHong greeted brightly as he and JongUp swept the floors in preparation to open.

“Oh, JunHongie, JongUppie…shouldn’t you be in school?” DaeHyun asked curiously. The two shook their heads.

“We have today off,” JongUp answered as he took a chair off the table, setting it nicely in its place.

“…you two aren’t skipping, are you? The semester just started,” DaeHyun warned with a suspicious eye. The magnae line became flustered at his accusation, insisting that they weren’t. He smiled at them before making his way to the lockers to change into his uniform. Once he finished, he found HimChan at the register, counting the change at the beginning of the day like he always did.

With a yawn, he greeted the older, “Morning, Hyung.”

“Morning, not enough sleep?” HimChan smirked as he turned to tease, wiggling his eyebrow suggestively. “Too much fun with your girlfriend last night?”

DaeHyun rolled his eyes.

“Not everyone is a erted old man like you, Hyung,” he retaliated. Feeling a bit snarky, he moved up next to HimChan’s ear to whisper, “Not to mention, you would know if we did. We’re both little…possessive.”

The older blushed at his statement as DaeHyun  cackled, running for cover into the kitchen.

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!”

“Aigo, this early in the morning and you’re already this loud…”

The bell hanging above their door went off as two familiar faces entered the café with a bright smile.

“Noona!” JongUp and JunHong greeted in excitement, flying over to HyoSung and HaNa. The girls giggled as the two fought over who would take their orders. HimChan called DaeHyun out to bring out some cake for their friends as he went over and hugged the two of them affectionately.

“Morning cup of coffee before going to work?” HimChan offered and winked. “It’s on the house.”

Both girls squealed at his grease and smacked him in the arm.

“Aish, same old Kim HimChan,” HyoSung scoffed with a knowing smile as HaNa went over to coo over the two younger ones.

“So how has TS been, Principal Jun?” HimChan spoke as he made their coffee.

“Same old, same old. Though you never came down to visit like you said you would,” she stated casually as she thanked him as he served her coffee. “This place looks like it’s doing well.”

“We’re doing decent. It helps we have some regulars,” HimChan chuckled.

“Ah, but you really just wanted to run this place to boss the little ones around, am I right?” HyoSung accused with a sly smile.

“Exactly,” DaeHyun answered as he placed a piece of cake down in front of her, bowing respectfully at their former higher-up, who patted him on the head gently.

“Yah!”

HyoSung laughed as HaNa and the magnaes joined the conversation.

“HimChannie-hyung! HaNa-noona said that she wants to show off some dance moves at her studio!” JunHong exclaimed in excitement as his eyes sparkled with mirth.

“Hyung, can we go?” JongUp pleaded with his bright, indestructible smile.

“We just opened up! You can’t just leave like that! HaNa, don’t you have your own class to teach?!” HimChan countered.

“My earliest class in still two hours from now!” HaNa immediately whacked HimChan on the top of his head. “Stop being such an and let the kids have some fun, you slave driver!”

“We’ll be back in an hour, Hyung! Thank you!” JongUp cheekily answered as he left with JunHong and HaNa.

“Aish! That woman!” HimChan cursed, rubbing his head. DaeHyun smiled defiantly at HimChan, taking a seat across from HyoSung.

“So how is SunHwa-noona doing?” DaeHyun asked as HyoSung took a sip of her coffee.

“Fangirling to her heart’s content. She sends us all texts every day about how hot Super Junior are. Perks in being a make-up artist,” HyoSung sighed with a shake of her head. “You would think at her age she would be over that. I guess she’ll always be a fangirl at heart. I don’t mind, but seriously, her texts can be so annoying. I really don’t need to know that SiWon’s eyes match his eyebrows perfectly…I’m pretty sure HaNa has even blocked her so she can’t get those texts. She told us to let her know if she actually sends anything important.”

DaeHyun laughed, “Same old SunHwa-noona.”

“And JiEunnie is well?” HyoSung asked back, catching up on all their members. HimChan and DaeHyun exchanged a glance before laughing gleefully.

“What?”

“JiEun and YongGuk are just fine,” DaeHyun answered once he quieted down enough to respond.

“Yeah, they’re so fine, it’s almost disgustingly cute how adorable they are together. Oh, just thinking about them makes me want to vomit,” HimChan gasped out, out of breath from all the energy he used laughing.

“Good to hear,” HyoSung chuckled, checking her watch. “Oh, school is about to start. I should get going now. I’ll check up with you guys later, okay?”

“Safe trip, Noona!” DaeHyun called out with a wave.

“Come visit more often, Principal~!” HimChan chortled, earning him a smack on the head. DaeHyun tried to stifle his laughter but failed miserably.

“GET BACK TO WORK!”

~

“WAAAAAAAAH!”

JiEun turned to the loud cry with a gasp, “Omo, MiYu~ what’s the matter, Sweetie?”

She quickly scooped up the distressed little girl with pigtails and bounced the tearful child in her arms. As she wiped her tears, JiEun used her cheerful voice in an attempt to stop her crying. With the gentle teacher’s coaxing, the little one finally stopped her tears.

“Now, what happened?” JiEun inquired calmly as she placed the child back on the ground, holding her hands while kneeling to her level.

Through her sniffles, she muttered out shyly, “KyuJong pulled my hair…it hurt…”

“Aigo, now why would KyuJongie do something like that to our precious MiYu~?” JiEun wondered, hugging the little girl.

“Maybe it’s because he likes her,” whispered an all-too-familiar, low rumbling voice in her ear. JiEun gasped, whipping around only to be greeted by a shining, gummy smile.

“YongGuk-oppa!” MiYu cheered in excitement as she dashed into his open arms. She laughed with innocent mirth as YongGuk lifted the once sad girl effortlessly into the air. After the happy reunion, YongGuk shifted the girl into his arm so she was sitting comfortably on his forearm.

“Let’s get KyuJong to apologize, okay?” YongGuk suggested, earning a nod of agreement from MiYu. JiEun folded her arms and watched with a proud smile as her husband pulled the offender off to the side in order not to embarrass him in front of his friends. His face turned serious as he scolded the little boy, who apologized immediately to MiYu. The big teddy bear ruffled KyuJong’s hair gently, praising him for his brave behavior yet warning him to play nicely from now on. KyuJong responded positively and pulled MiYu back to the other kids to play together.

“Thanks, though I could have handled that myself, Jagiya,” JiEun hummed as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He placed his arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the forehead.

“I know. But I wanted to teach KyuJong it’s not okay to treat ladies like that. Because all girls should be treated with respect,” YongGuk answered as he monitored KyuJong, now playing happily with MiYu. JiEun grinned affectionately up at YongGuk, kissing him on the cheek while he wrapped his arms around her in a protective back hug so they can watch over JiEun’s kindergarten class together.

“Quite a surprise that you popped in here,” JiEun realized as she placed her hands on his arms, melting into his hold.

“I was on my way to the clinic, but decided to drop by to see how things are going,” he explained, receiving an understand nod from JiEun.

They fell into a comfortable silence just watching over the children.

“I wonder what our kids will look like…” she suddenly voiced as a passing thought, however, it didn’t fail to make YongGuk blush.

“Hopefully as beautiful as their mother,” YongGuk muttered shyly in an almost inaudible, slurred voice. JiEun glanced up at YongGuk in surprise before looking down happily at his compliment.

“I hope they’re as wonderful as their father~” JiEun laughed.

“YongGuk-oppa! Come play with us!” MiYu demanded, running over and pulling the much taller male towards the group of children.

JiEun giggled as they terrorized her husband, climbing on his back and pulling on his arm, knowing he will be a great father when they have the time and money for their own kids.

~

“Oi.”

Plop came a notebook down on the concentrated young man’s head.

“Ah.”

A small, almost apathetic reply to the annoying yet harmless attack on the victim’s head. He looked up to witness his friend on the other end of the notebook, smirking down at him.

“You’re back to your nail biting habit again,” he informed, pulling the notebook away and taking a seat next to the hardworker, already going back to working in the empty classroom. “Working on your project already? Aish, you seriously are an overachiever.”

“Can’t be helped since there is a little café that demands my attention when I’m not in school,” the busy one answered passively as he typed furiously on his laptop. “Just let me finish up this part and we can get going, okay? My laptop’s about to run out of batteries anyways.”

“Whatever you want, YoungJae,” chuckled his companion, leaning back into the desk. “I’m not the one that’ll get upset for having to wait for you.”

“Shut up, JaeBum,” scoffed YoungJae as he glared at his smug-looking friend, who shrugged flippantly in response. Just as he was about to get back to work, an impolite, young lady slammed YoungJae’s laptop shut. JaeBum’s eyes shimmered in interest, taking quick note of the irritated twitch at the edge of YoungJae’s lip.

“Ooooh, this should be good,” JaeBum whistled, clearly hoping for YoungJae to blow up at the girl. His wish was not fulfilled as YoungJae glanced up with disinterest and responded much too politely for his taste.

“Can I help you, Miss? Since I am clearly unable to finish my own work after some unknown force closed my laptop ever so harshly nearly taking out my fingers in the process,” YoungJae greeted in monotone, placing both hands protectively over his laptop. Hmm, scratch that, maybe this will be interesting~

“You’re Yoo YoungJae, right?” she asked without so much as flinching at his passive aggressive salutation. “I’m from your previous class. My name is Kim HyoYoung.”

“Ah, is that so?” YoungJae half-heartedly acknowledged as he started to pack up his stuff.

“You have quite the reputation for being at the top of the class ever since your first year. Why don’t you join my group for the project?” she offered, adding in shamelessly. “My dad is actually the CEO of LG. I’m sure I can get you a great job offering. It doesn’t hurt that you have a pretty cute face, too.”

“Whoooooa, YoungJae, I think you’re getting hit on!” laughed JaeBum as he hit the desk boisterously, unable to deal with the situation quietly anymore. YoungJae shook his head at his obnoxious friend’s action before finally getting a good look at the girl.

“I’d rather work alone,” was all YoungJae replied as he swung his backpack over his shoulder and walked down the stairs, leaving HyoYoung gaping in humiliation.

JaeBum tsked, looking her up and down while getting up from his seat, bringing his backpack on his shoulder too.

“Such a shame,” he sighed, walking up next to her to stare straight into her eyes with mischievous intent. “You would be so much cuter if you didn’t speak or move…or breathe.”

He laughed at the mortified girl’s priceless expression while following in YoungJae’s steps.

“You’re way out of your league, Chick! YoungJae’s already got himself a girl!”

When he got out of the building, he found YoungJae waiting for him with his headphones on while staring up at the sky.

“Yo, so was that girl number 5 or 6 since the new semester?” JaeBum wondered as the two left Seoul National University’s College of Engineering campus towards another one.

“No idea. I didn’t even know you were keeping count,” YoungJae raised an eyebrow at his friend.

“Are you kidding? You need to keep count of these things! I’ve had 8 so far,” JaeBum arrogantly showed off, dusting his shoulders and fixing his jacket.

“Wow~ I’m so impressed, JaeBum-oppa~ Please teach me your ways in how to be all cool as you~” YoungJae responded sarcastically in a robotic voice. “Seriously, dude?”

“What? It’s not our fault we have such handsome faces and brilliant minds,” he flaunted brazenly.

“Oh god, please stop talking.”

As the two continued bickering over nothing in particular, they unknowingly reached their destination, the College of Veterinary Medicine. Right at the entrance was a girl kicking a pebble out of boredom as she had her head cocked to the side and a pout on her face. JaeBum almost gagged at how YoungJae’s expression immediately brightened just seeing her but made no comment. Just as YoungJae was about to call out her name, an unfamiliar male walked up to her, causing her to tilt her head curiously at him.

“Mmm, today is definitely a fun day,” JaeBum decided as he observed YoungJae’s fists clench in annoyance and his footsteps stomp heavily on the ground towards them.

When she finally noticed his presence, she bolted over with a giggle and jumped into his arms, completely disregarding the stranger that was clearly flirting with her. YoungJae hugged her with a laugh before glaring and sneering at the unwelcomed male to beat it before he beat him.

“Jae!”

 

=====================================================================

 

This chapter gave me fluffy, fuzzy feels.

Confused yet? :D

~Kira :3

P.S. RAIN SOUND COMING OUT SOON.