BANG! - Part 2/3

BANG!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was a simple task...

To protect her...

Something he had done millions of times...

But no one told him that he needed to protect his heart...

From her... 


Three months earlier...


Two months passed and Johnny's life was pretty much the same routine, day in and day out. Following Nali around, he became her shadow and oddly the two got along perfectly well... well, if you exclude her moments of craziness when it's her monthly period. In those situations, everything and everyone bothered her. During those seven days, the rules were simple. Don't look at her. Don't talk to her. Don't touch her. Don't even breathe. If you do... heads fly, and sadly Johnny learned it the hard way. It wasn't his intention to get on her bad side and heck, he wasn't even aware of what he had done or said, but she snapped at him just like that. 

***

"Nali, I--" 

"You what?! I don't give a , just get out of my ing way and don't even dare tell me to calm down!" She growled. 

"What did I--"

"OUT!" 

Johnny frowned and just walked out of the office, slamming the closing the door behind him, leaving her to grumble. 

***

Only later did he find out what was in question, but ever since that moment, he knew not to mess with her, just let her be and do whatever the heck it is that she wanted to do. It was as simple as that. Happy Nali, happy environment. But aside from that, she is a pretty cool young woman. Her schedule was mostly busy, but if it wasn't then she would spend time with friends, and family, go shopping or go hiking through the woods. Following her around wasn't as difficult and she didn't even mind it, as a matter of fact, the two started to bond with each other, maybe even a bit more than they should. 

***

"Johnny?"

"Yes?" He replied, stopping mid-way.

"I am about to have dinner," She said. "Join me."

"I wouldn't want--" 

"It's not a bother," She said. "I don't want to eat alone." 

Johnny sat down at the table and the two started eating, chit-chatting along the way. 

***

Johnny always knew how to separate his private life from his business, but being around Nali, made that a difficult task. Using honorifics was also forbidden and she made it clear from the get-go. 

***

"Miss, the car is ready," Johnny spoke. 

She blinked as she came to a stop and looked at him. "Stop it." 

"Excuse me, miss?" He said, a tad bit confused. "Stop what?" 

"With the stupid honorifics! It's annoying, okay? I get it that you are all into your job, but please, just call me by the Nali and try to act a bit more relaxed."

He nodded. "I'll do my best." 

"Good." 

***

At first, it was a bit odd and it made him feel strange, but eventually, he got used to it and managed to relax, but of course, with everything that was going on and the protects that were held almost every day, he still had to be careful, especially when Nali was out in the public. Her father made it clear and Johnny made a promise. He was the best of the best and he will do whatever it takes to keep Nali safe. Even pretend to be her boyfriend... not that he minded. 

***

"I need a favor..." She mumbled. 

Johnny placed the newspaper down on the coffee table and looked at her. "Yes, Nali? What's on your mind?"  

"I am meeting up with a couple of friends at the bar, as I mentioned earlier... but I don't need you there as a bodyguard..." 

Johnny raised an eyebrow. "Go ahead." 

"My ex will be there and bother me, so I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend." 

"Alright." 

***

And just like that, without even thinking about it or the outcome, he accepted her offer. His mind was screaming at him, telling him not to do it. Telling him to run away. Telling him that it wasn't part of his job. Telling him not to mix his emotions into it. Telling him not to pay attention to it. Telling him to not forget his business... but did he listen? No. 

He ignored all the red flags his rational mind was sending... until...

***

I looked down,

And my shirt's turning red,

I'm spinning around,

Felt her lips on my neck,

And her voice,

In my ear,

Like I missed you,

Want you tonight...


The music played as she swayed her body. Johnny observed her as his heart started to skip beats. It was unusual actually, but nonetheless, he enjoyed it. Nali smirked slightly and without a warning, she wrapped her arms around his neck. 

"Dance with me," She mumbled in her half-drunken state. "Don't just stand there like a statue." 

He chuckled and obeyed. "No more drinks for you, missy," He whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist as her body pressed against his. 

"Says who?" She pouted. 

"Me." 

With that, the two immersed themselves in the song, following its rhythm. 


Straight through my heart,

A single bullet got me,

I can't stop the bleeding,

Oh oh...

Straight through my heart,

She aimed and she shot me,

I ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter