BANG! - Part 1/3

BANG!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


He was only a bodyguard...

Same like any other... or so she thought...

He was a mystery...

He was talented...

He was fast...

He was everything she ever dreamed of... but did she admit it at first? 

No. 

Never.


Five months earlier...


Staring out the window as she took another sip out of her cup she allowed her mind to wander off. It was a busy day today thanks to the meetings that she had to attend. She can't say that it was her favorite, but owning a company is never easy. It requires a lot of time and effort being thrown into. Paying attention to even the smallest details and making sure that the employees do well, rewarding those who do well, facing the problems that come with the job, managing new suppliers, attracting new customers, making the old ones satisfied, and whatnot. It wasn't easy, not one bit. 

Being rich didn't mean that things came easy. It still required a person to work hard. The fact that her father was a president also didn't help much. Why? Because she didn't want to hide behind her father. She wanted to do something on her own. She wanted to be independent. She wanted to live her life by her rules, and her father was alright with that. He supported his only daughter the whole way. As long as she was happy, he was happy, so when she said that she wanted to start her own cosmetic company, he supported it all the way, and in the end, she was successful. 

As she took another sip out of her cup and turned around to look at the time, a knock on the door interrupted her. "Come in." 

The door opened and her secretary walked inside with a file in her hand. "Miss, this arrived for you." 

"Leave it on the desk," Nali replied. "As for the meeting, make sure they all gather. I'll be there in 20 minutes or so."

The latter nodded and bowed, before taking a step backward and turning around to exit the office. Nali reached for the file and opened it, reading quickly through it. She was already familiar with the content of it as she was waiting for it for a few days now and all she had to do was check a few things, sign it, and send it back to the law firm. Reaching for her pen, her phone went off instead of checking the screen, she pressed the button on her Bluetooth bud and answered the call. 

"Hello?" 

"How is my sweet daughter doing today?" 

Nali smiled as she heard her father's voice. "Busy but fine, and you Appa?" 

"The usual, listen, darling," He continued. "I called to remind you about tonight's dinner. It's really important that you attend it." 

"I will don't worry, but is everything alright? Recently you seem to be a bit on the edge."

The male sighed. "I will explain everything tonight." 

"Alright, Appa. See you tonight, and tell Omma that I am bringing her favorite cake so that she doesn't make any homemade sweets."

Her father chuckled. "I will. Love you." 

"Love you," She replied back. "See you tonight." 

"See you." 

With that, the call ended and she removed her Bluetooth bud, placing it down on the desk. Recently her father had been going through some troubles, but the latter refused to talk about it. He didn't want to worry his family and he tried his best to hide it, but that was impossible. It was obvious that something was on his mind and that something was bothering him, something serious. Something that didn't allow him to sleep at night, but considering that he was the president, it came with the job. Being in politics meant being under a lot of pressure, and as far as Nali can remember her father always tried to keep his family out of it... but this time it was more than just a simple problem. 

Nali had tried to get her father to talk, but the latter didn't budge. He always changed the topic or tried to convince her that everything was alright, but Nali knew better than that. The thing that was bothering him was taking a toll on him and it was time to let the cat out of the bag. Whatever it was, Nali hoped for the best possible outcome, but the gut feeling inside of her told her that was about to go down, but how serious was it? She had no idea, but she was about to find out in a few hours. 

Shaking away her thoughts for a moment, she threw her attention back on the file in front of her and flipped to the last page, and quickly sighed it. Placing her pen down, she pushed away from the desk and got up. It was time to head over to the meeting room and get the meeting started. Thankfully it wasn't a long one. Picking her things, she also made sure to bring the file with her as well, to spare the secretary from coming over.

"Let's get this over with," She mumbled to herself as she looked around.

Making sure she had everything she needed, she grabbed her phone from the desk and shocked it into her pocket, and headed out of the office. 

"Miss," the secretary said, bowing, the moment she saw Nali. "They are waiting for you in the meeting room."

Nali nodded. "Jess, mail this file back and make sure it's looked at ASAP, and clear my schedule after 4 PM." 

"Yes, right away, miss. Anything else?"

"That will be all," Nali said. "Take the rest of the day off once you finish that." 

"Thank you," The young latter smiled slightly. bowing again. 

Nali nodded, smiling back as she left the file on the table and turned around, heading down the hall and toward the meeting room as her heels clicked against the marble floor. It was time to deal with business. Like always. 

*

Arriving in front of her parent's house, Nali parked the car and turned off the engine. She turned around and grabbed her purse, placing her phone inside and other belongings that she had dispatched on her passenger seat. Once she packed it all up, she placed the purse over her shoulder and picked the cake up. Once out of the car, she headed for the door that was already opened by the butler as the male waited for her to walk inside. 

"Miss," He spoke. "Let me take that." 

Nali smiled, handing him the cake as the maid took her coat and placed a pair of slippers in front of her. Nali thanked them and headed for the living room from where she heard her parent's voices. A smile formed on her face and she walked into the living room. The moment her parent's stopped her, the attention was taken away from the conversation that seemed to be important, or at least, from what Nali understood in that short period. 

"There she is!" Her father grinned and spread his arms wide for a hug. 

"Our beautiful daughter," Her mother smiled. "How was your day, darling?" 

"It was busy, but good," Nali replied, hugging her father. "And what about you tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter