Reunion

The Return of A Lost Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Coachella, make some noise!"

The crowd roared as Mamamoo did their greeting after a lively intro performance. Approaching their 10th anniversary, the group unlocked multiple achievements across various fields and made its name known globally with several smashing hits. They were about to conclude their world tour with their awaited appearance at Coachella as headliners - undoubtedly one of the biggest music festivals in the world. 

Their 90-minute set was coming to an end, and the next song was Star Wind Flower Sun, one of Mamamoo's old songs written to dedicate to the fans who stayed with them through thick and thin. As usual, the melody started with a calming piano intro, and Wheein melted the audience's ears with her honey-like voice. 

Look at me, I can only shine if you’re here

Hold me tighter so I won’t seep out

As the music continued, however, another voice blended with Wheein's as they sang the next lines beautifully, to the members' and fans' surprise. They looked at each other, their expressions uncertain. Mamamoo had always specifically requested instrumental-only backtracks and the rehearsal went on without any difference. So why was there a fourth voice adding to the harmony, so different yet so familiar, that no one had heard from for the past three years?

Close your eyes

So I can entirely feel your scent

People gasped at the sudden appearance from behind the stage and Moomoos gestured their lightsticks wildly, making the members turn around. There, walking towards them was a gorgeous woman dressed in a yellow princess dress, matching the theme of the festival and members' outfits. Her dimples were apparent as she smiled widely, a mic held in both hands as she directed the lyrics towards the three women standing in shock, trying to process their dream realized in front of their eyes.

It didn't take long though, for them to crash into her and engulf each other in a tight, tearful hug. Finally, finally, they have reunited with their beloved leader, Kim Yongsun. 

*

"[Exclusive] Solar to leave the group Mamamoo and the company 'Personal reasons'"

"Mamamoo's company RBW confirmed Solar's departure"

"Mamamoo Moonbyul, Hwasa, Wheein to extend their contracts under RBW's management"

 

 

<[...] After a long discussion, we have come to an agreement to terminate Solar's contract as Mamamoo's member and as an RBW artist due to personal circumstances. Moonbyul, Hwasa, and Wheein have decided to renew the contract and continue with Mamamoo's activities as a three-member group. We wish Solar the best of luck in her future endeavors and ask for understanding and support from the beloved Moomoos for the next chapter of Mamamoo. [...]>

 

The news of Solar leaving the group left the Kpop community and music lovers in shock. Given their family-like bond and that it happened right after coming back from a successful Japan concert tour, fans were heartbroken and confused as there seemed to be no apparent incident that might have led to that incident. It didn't help that Solar disappeared without a trace and either deleted or archived her social media accounts. The group had to go into a long hiatus and mentioned the news minimally in their next public appearances. 

 

The truth was... they were just as bewildered and pained, in a way fans could never have expected.

 

On the way back home from the company, Byulyi saw a tteokbokki stall and immediately thought of the older woman probably chilling at home. A large bouquet of roses was placed neatly on the back seat. She exhaled nervously, replaying in her head for the hundredth time what she was about to confess to their group leader. Ting! Ting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter