Seulgi

Seungwan's Bullies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: "Dialogue are in quotes and italicized"  

           Thoughts are italicized  

____________________________

It was the summer before Seulgi's first year of high school when she got an invitation with a full scholarship to the prestigious, Elfini School of Performing Arts. They somehow found her amateur dance covers online and were impressed enough to want her to represent the school at the upcoming competitions. Seulgi was hesitant since she wanted to go to school for art but eventually accepted since she knew it was a stepping stone in that direction.  

 

Seulgi anticipated things to be difficult since she acknowledges she's not the brightest bear in the sleuth but she also knows she's the best dancer. But that’s not the problem. Well not exactly. See, Seulgi’s also been trying to make a break in the art scene. The bear was so sure that she was able to do it and maintain the school’s reputation by winning this year’s dance competition. However, her enthusiasm is quickly diminishing since her peers are on a whole other caliber. Seulgi went out to a few of the local art exhibitions and has been blown away with the various pieces she’s seen. It seems like everyone’s set to become the next Hieronymus Bosch and she's not sure how she is able to measure up. She feels so stressed and pressured. It doesn’t help that the dance competition is coming up so she’s been practicing none stop.  

 

On one particular evening, Seulgi finds herself in the art room right after finishing her dance practice, similar to how she's been spending her days for the past few weeks. She's been there for hours and does not remember the last time she's eaten. Everyone knows that she could be a real bear when she's hungry and she tries not to get to that state. She's just trying to finish the last section before leaving for dinner. If only she had the peace and quiet to focus. She's heard chattering constantly for weeks but it seems like the people are competing with her too as they keep staying later and later and the volume getting louder and louder. She's been so absorbed in her world that she failed to realize the upcoming play that was taking place at the end of the week.  

 

In the auditorium next door, Seungwan and Sooyoung were practicing their lines, more like Sooyoung was practicing her lines while Seungwan was keeping her company. It's tradition for the two to practice together at any of Sooyoung's major plays. Sooyoung has grown as a theatre actress and has gotten herself into Elfini while Seungwan got in through her musical talents and singing abilities. The two are still the best of friends and are often found with each other in either the music room or auditorium.  

 

Back to the art room, Seulgi was getting annoyed. She knows that if she just focuses for another 45 minutes, she'll be free to reunite with her dearly beloved chicken wings that she's been thinking about since lunch. As the incessant chattering continues, Seulgi decides to put her feet down and starts marching over to the auditorium.  

SG: '"Yah! Do you really have to be so loud? It's not even a real show. Keep it down, some people have real work to do you know."  

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter