i. new friendship.

you’re in my frame (it won’t be easy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If she hadn’t taken too long at the tteokbokki stall, would she have caught a glimpse of Junmyeon leaving the building? Joohyun wonders. Would the few minutes that she had wasted even change a thing? Just why did the woman with monolid eyes and cute reactions have to be there at that time? It would be a lie to say that the woman didn’t actually make her evening slightly better. 

 

“It’s hard not to stare whenever I see someone pretty like you.”

 

Joohyun hates how she can still remember Seulgi’s expression clearly, the way the corner of her lips curl up into a small smile when she— Joohyun— lets a stupid blush creep up her cheeks. It’s not like she could control that anyway. It’s human nature for someone to turn red when they get complimented and somehow, hearing that from Seulgi made her shy but it boosted her ego at that moment. Now, if she were to hear the same comment from Junmyeon…

 

A small frown makes its way on her lips when she thinks about her boyfriend. It has been a while since she heard any compliments coming from him. Junmyeon has been too busy with work that he ends up going to bed straight the moment he reaches home. There were a few times that Joohyun had waited for his return to have dinner together but in most cases, he only either eats a little or not at all and calls it a day. It’s frustrating how she barely gets any of his attention lately but she keeps telling herself repeatedly— to make herself feel better— that he’s working hard for them. The busy time will pass soon and they’ll finally be able to settle on a date for their wedding. She’s tired of getting asked by her parents when they will get married whenever they have dinner together.

 

Thinking about marriage, Joohyun’s thoughts travel to Seulgi again and she fishes for the name card given to her from the back of her pocket.

 

Kang Seulgi

Photographer

 

Her email and number— Joohyun supposes it’s her business number— are printed on the card along with her Instagram handle. Interesting, she thinks. Out of curiosity, she picks her phone up and searches for the account.

 

A soft giggle escapes her lips when she sees that the photographer has a picture of a panda hanging over a tree branch as her profile picture on the app. 

 

How adorable and fitting.

 

Kang Seulgi does look like a bear in human form. One that is harmless and can talk. (And what a sweet talker she was. Joohyun still hates herself for blushing at her words.) If she wasn’t in a rush to see her boyfriend, she probably would have stayed longer and chatted with Seulgi more. It would be a lie to say that she isn’t curious to know more about the latter. It’s been a while since she was interested in getting to know someone after getting into a relationship with Junmyeon and Seulgi seems worthy of her precious time. 

 

Joohyun is impressed with every single picture posted on the feed. Seulgi really is a professional at her job. It makes her want to screenshot a few, crop them and make them her phone wallpaper. Especially those of the night skies and sceneries from different countries. Is it even right for her to do so? It’s not like she’s going to share it anywhere and credit herself for them. It’ll just be a little secret to herself and Junmyeon doesn’t have to know that she has replaced the cute picture of them from a year back as wallpaper to something as boring as the clear night sky which to Joohyun it’s extremely pretty and she loves it. However, it’s not like he cares about that anyway. He never had a picture of them as his wallpaper or lock screen since they started going out. He has never changed from the default background, stating that simplicity is always the best and not that he loves Joohyun any less just because he doesn’t put her as his wallpaper.

 

It isn’t until she reaches the end of the feed that she notices another handle in the bio. 

 

Of course, Joohyun clicks on it. 

 

Again, out of curiosity.

 

She’s bored and the food on the table is long forgotten the moment she’s on her phone. She can clean up later.

 

Joohyun is surprised to see her friend’s username appear beside the ‘Followed by’ just below Seulgi’s bio. Does Yongsun know her? She doesn’t recall her friend mentioning anyone named Kang Seulgi whenever they meet up and Yongsun usually tells her almost everything and anything. Maybe she’ll ask her the next day when th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter