prologue: joohyun.

you’re in my frame (it won’t be easy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun can’t say she’s not disappointed.

 

After all, it is their third anniversary and her boyfriend, Junmyeon, isn’t able to make time to celebrate their special day together claiming that he had to work extra hours again. She found it weird that he chose to work overtime instead of spending their special day together like they always have for their past two anniversaries and even monthsaries.

 

Is he still upset over the argument they had three days ago?

 

He shouldn’t be though. Joohyun should be the one being more upset. Her boyfriend had actually forgotten about their third anniversary.

 

However, they made up for it a day after and spoke to each other as per normal. It was a stupid argument over a small matter– to Joohyun it’s a big matter actually but Junmyeon thinks otherwise because it was only this one time that it slipped off his mind. 

 

It hurt her honestly but she just didn’t want to argue with him longer, not wanting the itinerary she had planned for them to be scrapped. She had taken so much of her time to plan everything that it would be a waste to not let the plan go through. She somehow finds herself pathetic that she’s the one planning everything instead of Junmyeon or with Junmyeon. In fact, Joohyun realises that he has been putting less effort into their relationship lately but she always thinks positively. Maybe Junmyeon is just tired and stressed from work. Lately, he has been working overtime a lot stating that his department is lacking in manpower so he has to do double the job. He always comes home with a look of exhaustion so Joohyun believes him. 

 

Why wouldn’t she anyway?  

 

He’s doing this for them. For their future together. Also, her parents adore him a lot and want them to settle down as soon as possible. That could also be a reason why he has been overworking himself to earn more money for their wedding. Joohyun is working as well so that Junmyeon does not have to bear all the costs alone. She’s happy with the job she has— being an editor at a small publishing company. It pays her well enough for her to save up thirty per cent of her pay for the wedding and the rest for her monthly expenditure.

 

Initially, she didn’t want to live together with Junmyeon. She was against the idea. It was too early for that and she wanted to wait until they were legally wedded to each other. She still wanted her own privacy. However, their parents were adamant that they live together so both parties agreed that they will do so but instead of sharing one room together, they have separate rooms in the apartment. Joohyun agreed with that proposal albeit unwillingly. At least, that made their parents happy.

 

Looking at herself in the mirror, she sighs out loud. She’s already all dolled up and ready to meet Junmyeon before receiving the disappointing text from him. Cancelling their plans just hours before their date is the last thing she expected coming from him. Especially when she’s been talking non-stop about her well-thought-out plan for their anniversary since they reconciled from the argument and Junmyeon seemed to be excited over it as well.

 

How is work more important than their anniversary?

 

Joohyun frowns.

 

She had even dressed up in the blouse that Junmyeon loved— a simple white one wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter