prologue: seulgi.

you’re in my frame (it won’t be easy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi doesn’t want to be a third wheel.

 

When her friend, Hyojung, suggests that she join her and boyfriend for dinner, she instantly rejects the offer not wanting to interrupt their romantic time together. It will be awkward for sure even if Hyojung reassures her that it won’t be. Being a third wheel isn’t fun. She has been one before when their other friend, Byulyi, brought her girlfriend, Yongsun, for lunch together without informing them beforehand. Hyojung couldn’t make it that day at the very last minute because she had to babysit her nephew so Seulgi was left alone with the couple who apparently couldn't stop throwing flirty comments at each other. Since then, she learned her lesson.

 

Kang Seulgi will never join a date unless they need her as a photographer for the day. A paid photographer, of course. She won’t do it for free unless they’re her closest friends or relatives. 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us?” Hyojung asks for the third time. “Suho said he doesn’t mind if you were to tag along. It’s not like the two of you haven’t broken the ice with each other yet.”

 

“It’s fine,” Seulgi gives a reassuring smile. “I’ll just get a quick dinner and then head home. I have a schedule early in the morning tomorrow at about 8 AM. I need all the rest I can get.”

 

“What kind of photoshoot is it this time?”

 

“It’s not exactly a photoshoot but I’ve been paid to take pictures of cats this time and the interior of the building. There’s a new cat café around here somewhere and the owner is a friend of Byulyi so they wanted me to take a few pictures of the place and promote them.” Seulgi has the brightest grin on her face as she talks about her next day plan. She can finally take a breather from taking wedding or magazine photoshoots for once. Also, she’ll get to play with the cats and that is what she’s looking forward to most.

 

“Wow,” Hyojung says, looking impressed. “Promote them, eh? You’ve really made a name for yourself out there, Seul. Byulyi and I are really proud of you. We’ve always believed you can do it.”

 

A blush spreads across Seulgi’s face at the compliment. “It’s because I have you two. If it wasn’t for all the connections the two of you have with people from the entertainment industry or wedding companies, I wouldn’t be where I am now. I still owe the two of you a lot, you know?”

 

“Tsk, you owe us nothing, Seul. We’re friends forever, right? That’s enough payment for us but…” There’s a teasing glint in her friend’s eyes but she continues, “I wouldn’t mind having you as a photographer for my wedding for free as a form of payment.”

 

Seulgi rolls her eyes at the remark, a small smile sporting on her lips. Hyojung doesn’t have to mention it. She’ll definitely do it for free on her friend’s special day. Sensing a figure nearing, she looks up and sees Suho walking towards them. “Your boyfriend is here.”

 

Hyojung’s expression lights up instantly and Seulgi quickly holds her phone up and opens her camera app, snapping a picture of her friend. It’s cute, seeing her friend so in love. She’s happy that Hyojung and Byulyi have found someone that they want to spend the rest of their lives with.

 

As for herself, she’s content with being single.

 

Being in a relationship isn’t her top priority for now.

 

“Want me to airdrop you the picture?” she asks the man with a cheeky grin once he’s standing in front of them.

 

“Of course. My girlfriend is the cutest so I need to have her picture.”

 

Hyojung whines and the other two laugh.

 

“I guess I’ll get going now,” Seulgi separates herself from the duo, creating an arm’s distance between them after sending the picture.

 

“You sure you don’t want to join us?” Suho asks.

 

The photographer groans. That’s the fourth time she’s being asked that question.

 

“It’s fine, really,” she answers. “You two have fun, alright?”

 

Seeing Hyojung interlocking her fingers with Suho’s, Seulgi feels a slight twinge in her heart at the sight of it.

 

She’s fine being single.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter