Chapter 2

Because we can't be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It has been a month since we acted like this. Every time we were alone, on mornings, evening, nights or even some lucky afternoons, I offered my hand, a hug, or a resting place for his face.

My heart was becoming crazy with him and I often worried that he could realize how fast it was going. He never said a word about it, so I guess it's unnoticeable.

His general mood seems better too. It's been a while since I saw him cry or with puffy eyes. He didn't talk about the elephant in the room - his dating ban. I was still wondering about that. If there was a small possibility. Even just a little bit. Could we date in secret? Sure, we do skin ship for fun, and we are close. But... Does anybody could notice? To be safe, we couldn't even say it to the members.

But look at me again, worried about things that will never happen anyway.

At first, I was always the one starting and offering the contact. But recently, Eunwoo initiated it more and asked for more. It's as if we are glued together. It's fine. I like it of course. I just worried about my mental health. Will I get more feelings like this? Probably. Who am I kidding?

"Binnie." Mumbled Eunwoo next to me on the couch. I looked at him, he was adorable in my arms like this. I smiled lightly.

"Yeah?"
"I'm thinking on going on a small vacation this weekend."

I nodded, then patted his hair.

"I hope you will have fun there, then. Where will you go?"
"Hm... Jeju-do?"

I raised my eyebrows. It wasn't a big trip, but it was often seen as a romantic place. Knowing his situation, I was a bit surprised he would go there.

"Oh really? It's a wonderful place to go. It's probably warm right now."

He nodded, then hugged me a bit more. I continued to pat his hair gently while looking at the TV.

"Want to come with me?" He said with a small voice.

I turned my head to look at him again, but he wasn't looking at me. Was he shy to ask this question? Am I dreaming? My heart raced.

"I-... Of course, Hyung."

He finally looked at me, and I could see his pink cheeks. He seemed happy about my answer. His cute eyes were in a moon shape.

"Are you that happy?" I asked while giggling. I played with his hair a bit more, making a mess of it.
"Of course, I am."

He smiled at me, and I lost it. I bit my lips trying to remember it was all in my head. My friend doesn't like me. He never will.

"Did you tell the company?" I said without thinking much.
"Em- no. S-should I?"

He looked suddenly afraid.

"Well, I would do it. It's better if you tell them what you do with me than a paparazzi takes a picture of is there and talk about a nonexistent secret relationship. You know how it is with Jeju-do."

His reaction changed. He looked somehow hurt.

"You don't need to if you don't want. Don't react like this please."
"No... You are right. I'll let them know I'm going with you there."

I caressed his hair gently waiting for him to watch me. When he did, I stopped.

"Are you sure there's nothing else? You look a bit mad."

He sighed.

"Maybe there is. But I know how to fix it. And it's not because of you."
"Want to talk about it with me maybe?" I offered.
"I will. In Jeju-do."

I nodded. It's fine, he needs time to think about his problem and how he can talk about it.

"In the meantime, please don't stop whatever you’re doing with my hair. The feeling is amazing."

He grabbed my hand and put it on his head. I giggled.

"Fine. I'll do it if you want tonight."
"Thanks Binnie. I don't know what I would do without you."

And here's the signal for my heart to become crazy.

"I-it's nothing really."
"I don't think you know how much you helped me in the last weeks."

I hugged him a bit more with my left arm.

"I'm glad if it helped you Hyung."

And then my brain did something so stupid. It turned itself off and let my heart act.

See, his head was close to mine. I could smell his shampoo with every breath I took. And it was so easy.
A small peck on his head.
A kiss.

I stopped as soon as I realized what I did. My face burned.

I could feel my ear ringing. I can't believe I just did that. Kiss my friend's head.

Now I'm waiting for the awkwardness or worst - the anger. It's something to hug him and pat him. It's a lot different to kiss him.

But Eunwoo didn't move and didn't say a word. He stayed still, looking at the tv.

When the TV became black between two scenes, I had few seconds to see his reflection. His eyes were wide open, and his cheeks were red. We both looked lost.

What did I do?

 

 

Eunwoo didn't say anything about the kiss that day. Neither did I. I was too ashamed and afraid. What if he was mad? I can't open that door and get him angry just before our getaway.

 

 

"Binnie. We need to leave in 30 minutes. Please wake up."

I grunt.

Who was bothering me when I was sleeping? My dreams are awesome. There's Eunwoo and he confessed to me. He's my boyfriend and I call him Nunu. He's about to make out with me-

"Bin, come on!"

I frowned. The person shakes me.

"Alright alright." I mumbled. The person is better to have a good reason to stop me from having the best dream I had in months.

I opened my eyes to Eunwoo, smiling a few inches of me. I blinked slowly.

"Nunu?" I said softly before I realized what I slipped.
His eyes became bigger than he laughed beautifully.
"What's that surname? You got bored of calling me Hyung?"
"Aish-"

I sat on my bed and scratched my neck. Eunwoo will nag me all weekend long about it.

"Sorry it slipped, Hyung."
"But I don't want to be Hyung anymore. I prefer Nunu."
"Stop it." I sighed.

I got up, dressed up while Eunwoo was finishing our luggage, ate something quickly and we left in our manager's car. He drove us to the airport and asked us to always hide ourselves. We nodded.

We were able to hide our getaway by saying we need motivation and inspiration for lyrics. I'm not a big writer but Eunwoo isn't bad, so they agreed to let us go. I wonder what we will do this weekend. Did Eunwoo plan anything? I didn't.

 

 

The flight was short, but I was bored easily. I couldn't wait to arrive at destination. Eunwoo looked awkward next to me in the plane. Almost as if he didn't want to be there.

I didn't question him, but he was shaking his left leg a lot and seemed preoccupied.

When the plane landed, he took a moment before moving. I poked him while trying to smile.

"We are here. Want to get out? It's seemed sunny outside." I asked.

He looked at me, then around and stood up, realizing most people were already leaving the plane. His cheeks were a bit pink, but luckily for him, most of his face was hidden under a mask. We walked outside of the plane, then of the airport. I wasn't sure where we were going, so I mostly fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter