01 - Where are you now?

Love As Pure As a Daisy🌼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Calling out your name...

Your face is everywhere...

I'm reaching out to you to find out that you're not there...

I wake up every night to see the state I'm in...

It's like an endless fight I never seem to win...


The Moon hovered above the village, reflecting in the water as the stars sparkled around it, whispering and gossiping about everything that they had witnessed. Here and there an owl would sound off as the fireflies would dance around in the woods and the small night animals witnessed their show. It was a peaceful night in the small village of Bayfield, Ontario as the local residents have long gone to bed, dreaming sweet dreams, or so it seemed. Amongst the peacefulness, there was one young man whose nights were anything but peaceful. 

"Where are you?" He mumbled.

***

"You promised..." Her voice echoed in the distance. 

He turned around in search of her, but there was nothing but darkness. 

"Where are you?" He asked, his voice echoing into the empty darkness around him.

"You left..." The girl spoke again. 

"I'm here now... where--" 

"It's too late... you broke your promise." 

"No... no... please." 

Suddenly a burst of laughter followed, mocking him as he turned in one place. 

***

"I promise..." He mumbled, tossing to the other side of the bed. 

***

The gentle Summer breeze scraped their faces as the two walked down the shore barefoot, enjoying the feeling of the sand and the small waves that would hit them from time to time, washing away the remains of the sand off their feet. Holding each other's hands, Mark swayed them back and forth as the girl giggled. It was their 2 month anniversary and the two decided to get away from the hustle and the bustle of the busy city. 

"I promise..." 

The girl looked at him for a moment, confused by his randomness. "Huh?" 

"No matter what happens in life," He continued. "I promise to never leave your side."

She smiled. "You're crazy..." 

"I am," He winked. "For you." 

She blushed and chuckled a bit. 

"Do you believe in happily ever after?" 

The girl stopped for a moment before clearing . "I suppose--" 

"Good, that's all I need to know." 

With that, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder as the two continued walking. 

***

"Nari..." He mumbled, gripping the sheets. 

***

"I will be back..." 

Those were the last words he mumbled as the gates closed. His stare never left Nari, who just stood there, her eyes filled with tears as she fought the urge to cry. 

"Final call," The voice from the speakers spoke. "Flight to Canada 001 will be leaving soon. Please board." 

***

Waking up in sweat he sat up in bed, trying to control his breathing as he looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. Seeing that it was a little over two in the morning, he sighed and threw himself back. Now laying on his back he started the ceiling, the images from the dreams he had still playing in front of his eyes. Every night it was the same cycle. 

Same dreams. 

Same pain. 

One would think that he got over it and that he had moved on, but was that really the case? No. 

Will he ever? Probably not. 

She was his first true love. His soulmate. 

Isn't it universally known that true love is never forgotten? 

Isn't it universally known that choices not made are the choices regretted? 

Isn't it universally known that words not spoken are the words that forever linger in the hearts and mind? 

Isn't it universally known that memories are reminders of a life one once had? 

And Mark had many. 

***

"I got you something," He smiled as the two sat on the swing and looked at the sunset.

"Why did you spend--" 

"Hush," He mumbled, reaching for his jacket pocket. 

As he took a black box out of it, he placed it on her lap.  She glanced at him for a moment and then at the box before she reached for it and opened it. Inside were two silver bracelets with tags on them. One was smaller compared to the others, but both had their anniversary date on them and their nicknames. Nari smiled and kissed his cheek. 

"I love them," She whispered. "Thank you." 

Winking he took out the smaller one from the box and placed it around her wrist. "There, now you can't get lost," He said, teasing her. 

The latter chuckled and shook her head. "Silly boy." 

With that, she placed the other bracelet on his hand and he wrapped his arms around her. 

"I love you," He whispered. 

"I love you too," She smiled shyly and the two of them kissed. 

***

Mark sighed as he touched the bracelet that he still kept. No matter how much he tried, he never could take it off. It was a part of him and it was something that others couldn't understand. Even some of his friends kept telling him to move on and start dating again. They told him not to look back into the past and to just let it go. They even tried to hook him up with some girls, but it never worked. 

How could it, when his heart belongs to only one person?

A very special person.

It was something they couldn't understand.

Only the ones who were in his shoes would know how he feels and what he is talking about.

Turning to the side, he looked out the window and into the night sky. 

***

"Look! A shooting star!" Nari grinned. "Quick! Let's make a wish!" 

Closing her eyes, she held her hands together as Mark silently chuckled, but did the same. 

"What did you wish for?" Mark asked as she opened her eyes. 

"Shh!" Nari placed her index finger on her lips. "If I tell you, I'll jinx it!" 

Mark chuckled and nodded his head. "Got it." 

***

Did he make a wish that night? Yes.

What was the wish? To always be by her side.

Did it come true? No. 

Life is unpredictable and nothing is certain. 

But did they know it at that time? No. 

They were young.

They were innocent.

They were carefree.

They were dreamers.

***

"Disney Land?" He smiled, holding up two tickets. 

Her eyes widened and she grinned. "Yes!" 

"Great, pack your things!" Mark winked. "The flight to Japan is tonight." 

"Wait--" 

"My dad got it all covered and no, you don't need to pay him back. Consider it a graduation present!"

***

Nari wasn't the type to ask for anything, but he always wanted to surprise her. Big or small, a surprise was a surprise. Seeing her smile meant the world to him.  Even a simple kiss on the cheek, a hug, or a flower made her happy. She was a simple and wonderful girl, therefore, Mark always wanted nothing but the best for her. 

Was he spoiling her? In her eyes, yes. In his? No. 

Was he buying her love? No. 

He had no reason to do that. He didn't doubt her love f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter