-: ✧ :- The Cheatsheet

-: ✧ :- Nu-GiC -: ✧ :- NCT's sister group! APPLY OPEN! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Please tag your apps with NuGirls so I can snoop around and freak about the girlies ;w;

 

the basics. I know my cheatsheets are way too long so prepare yourself lol. Faceclaims are preferably idols, just so I can have decent pictures to use. But of course you can use ulzzangs, models or actresses as well as long as they look like they fit the age range and have enough usable pictures (so not only selfies). Ethnicity is required to be at least half asian. They are allowed to have a different nationality though, as long as the ethnicity is alright. Race-bending will absolutely not be allowed, but if you really can't find anyone that fits, you can take an fc that is a full ethnicity and make her part that ethnicity? But keep it realistic, please. Nu-GiC is meant to be an international group with girls from all of Asia, so I hope to see girls from all over the continent!

 

The age range is 1996-2004 for most plotlines, but the Taeil, Shotaro and Sungchan plotlines are different. The Taeil plotline is inspired by Sakura being older than others in Le Sserafim, but she's famous and experienced so she's admired instead of disregarded. The Shotaro and Sungchan mirrors are younger because they will be added to the group much later. The girls do not have to follow the age of their NCT mirrors, the nct dream mirrors dont have to be the youngest, since the units will be voted so it isn't even guaranteed that they will be in NGC puff anyway. The main thing about the mirror plotlines is that there is a balance in positions, and that they will be paired up sometimes.

 

Languages can be max 2 fluent and max 4 in total, you can go over it, but with a really good excuse (or just make your character come from belgium). Hometown and nationality can be anything, but even though this is a very international group, I'd also love to see some koreans of course.

 

You can apply up to four times for the current plotlines! Hendery, Yangyang, Xiaojun, Shotaro and Sungchan will be picked out later, and even then there is a potential for new girlies to join later in the future! So if you want to make multiple kids and one of them is one of the new bubs, you can concentrate on the others first and take all the time you need, or if you're busy at this time, you can always come back later to apply for one of those babies!

expanding on the girl. The personality is required to have minimum four traits for both positive and negative. Always try to keep the amount of positive and negative equal, and you can add neutral traits if you think they are important too. Also, please, for the love of god, use actual traits. Please elaborate on every trait as well. It can be bullet points or paragraphs, if you use bullet points, I would like to see three at least explaining each trait and for paragraphs, I need at least two in total. Also, no mary sues! I swear to god, no one is perfect! There will always be a flaw, and stuff like clumsiness is not counted as major flaw so that's a no-no! Actually, don't feel ashamed to submit an awesome villain instead of a sweet princess, it would be good for drama.

Background can be anything realistic, from your most normal couch potato kid to a child of a mafia boss, but please don't make it unrealistically dramatic or sad. Please do state how she got into sm entertainment (and if she is smrookie or not) and where she got the idea or dream to become an idol. Maybe she didn't want to become an idol at all, but got forced by their parents? (hello, Minchi). If you want your character to undergo a change of personality throughout the story like someone who was a liar but learns how to be a honest person, please state that as well, but you can also always put that under the scene requests section. Also, quality over quantity. I really don't judge writing/English skills.

Trivia is the place where you can party. Trivia for me is go hard or go home, really. Go crazy, make me have some insights in what your girl likes, needs, anything really, make me love them and basically want to write about them. Trivia all has a minimum, but no maximum! The ' ___ says' is optional and is meant for if your princess has typical catchphrases or stuff like curse words. Special talents is a section meant for what she would use to show off on variety shows.

her servants. You don't need to state parents if they won't appear in the story, I think I never mention the parents myself because idols can't see them often, but if you are used to it or they are really important to your character then go ahead! Idol family and other celebrities (musicians, actors, youtubers, pro gamers (hello minchi), ...) are also allowed, but please don't go overboard and keep it realistic. You can also include characters your princess does NOT like, or people they're a fan of here, maybe they could meet their idols in the story? People that have a one-sided crush on your character are also allowed. Both Florence and Minchi have a fixed love interest (actually both have two) but one-sided crushes are also a thing, of course. But Dewi is open as LI! You can also create extra staff members. I'll leave it open to you guys! You can make a manager that loves your character (but please keep it acceptable), a stylist that is a sibling, or more stuff like that!

The love interest is completely optional! You can also have multiple ones actually, just copy-paste the section if you need an extra one, and if you need help with that, my dm's are open! Your princess can be a player and date like 5 other people throughout the story. You can also make your girl a cheater but just know that it will be heavily frowned upon and it might end up in a big scandal and her potentially leaving the group. Any ual orientation is fine with me. The love interest can be OC's, other members (please ask permission of the creator if a certain app catches your eye!), other celebrities and idols, and of course NCT boys. But please keep it realistic like don't make your love interest fall in love with your character at a concert where they probably wouldn't even remember the person normally. But I do allow them to bump into each other on the streets as first meeting. But then they have to obviously have a reason to keep talking. p.ssw.rd is the member color you want for your baby, linked to a song suggestion for a unit. Public dating will only be allowed two years after debut. You can also pick the same love interest as another applicant and they'll either have to fight it out in the story with a love triangle or one of you will have to step down, but if someone applies with let's say Wonho as love interest, you can also apply using him! They don't get an advantage because they were first. (by the way, I loooove pro gamer love interests if you happen to know league of legends gamers, insert side-eye emoji). The is maximum 7 years for the legal members and 2 years for the underage members, it's also the other way round, if the possible love interest is underage, the maximum gap is also maximum 2 years, so you can obviously not go 7 years down, but 7 years up is allowed!

a beautiful star. Visuals, leaders and fotg's of the units and full group will be decided after all the girls are chosen. The positions are not fully fixed but they are meant to be kept similar so that there is a balance, but its fine if you change it around just a little. While the girls have the same positions as their NCT mirrors, they do not have to be similar in any other kind of way. Not in age, ethnicity, vibes or anything, it's all up to you how similar you make them. It's just to have a balance and to be paired up in crossover photoshoots and such. Also, if they ever cover each other, they will always cover each other's mirror (imagine the johnny plotline ending in ngc puff, so that means johnny would have to cover one of their songs... please make it happen). This change is mainly because the units will be composed differently because of the fan-voting.

Trainee background doesn't have to be that long cause that is like one of my own weak points, it's hard to write about, but do mention struggles if your girl went through them. Trainee time is a minimum of three months at SM. They can have a lot or no pre-debut experience, the only one required to have at least some is the Taeil plotline, who was famous before.                               

You can definitely pick unique talent twins. Actually I encourage that! I don't want the same overused and similar sounding twins all over again. Chinese girls can have chinese and korean talent twins and so on, but please match them. (don't pick haein as vocal twin if the girl has yezi as rap twin for example).

There will definitely be way less rap in NGC than NCT. It will probably give drama for the girls who want to rap but... it's girl groups, there is often just one rapper. So I'm sorry if your girl doesn't rap often despite being a lead rapper but I'll do my best.

As you may know, the units will be fan-voted, and thats done by you guys. Every time a new unit lineup comes, I will launch a google form where subscribers can vote for what lineup they would like to see, and the most voted girls will end up in the unit. Yes, that means some girls might not have much work to do while others are a new Mark or Taeyong. But at least this time its not SM's fault lmao.

Every girl will release a solo song as they are revealed as members, and these songs are allowed to be in Korean, English or their native language if it's an Asian one. I don't really see Hendery releasing a German song when he's meant to promote in China, if you know what I mean. The solo songs are meant to really show what the girls like and what kind of idol they would want to be, so that fans can put them into the best fitting units for them.

It's also required to add a duo song that would fit your girl, but thats more of a suggestion. The girls will be paired up together when they have a similar concept and one of the duo songs will be picked for them to release together during the reveal times.

The members that are revealed later will also be revealed with their solo songs before their usual yearbook debut, but they might not have duo releases, depending on the time and amount of new babies.

brownie points and taken things. You don't have to follow the brownie points, ofc

Taken things:
FCs
ex-Busters' Jisoo
Dolla's Angel
Litz' Heart
SM fcs are off limits

Talent twins
Oh my girl's Seunghee
Le sserafim's Chaewon
Billlie's Siyoon

Love interests
Streamer Quad
NCT's Jisung
Aespa's Ningning
TAN's Taehoon

Solo songs:
Lee Jinah's I'm full
Iiso's Signs
Lyn Lapid's Pager
 

Brownie points:
- lesser used faceclaims and talent twins
- make weirdos, make villains, make hermits, don't make them all cheerful and sassy people, we can't have 23 carbon copies here (I am also guilty of only making cheerful bubs tho)
- unique backgrounds and trivia
- I'm weak for cute siblings and friends (can we have siblings in the group? yes? no?)
- but also some drama
- unique love stories that make me wheeze, melt or bring drama
- lots of cool suggestions!
- using my babies in your app!
- aesthetics baby, you can always change the color scheme and coding too! One big turn-off though is the overuse of gifs
- just make your character with love and show that you love your kid and are proud of them
- I would really love to see siblings, childhood friends or cousins omg ;;;; give me at least one pair (or more than just a pair? I mean, triplets are a thing lmao)
- cute stories that involve NCT, but also stories that are not tied to NCT at all

example
example 1 2 3