Two

E-LOVE-ATOR STORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Asking, "Which grocery store would you prefer to go to?" Tiffany buckled up Winter while Taeyeon asked a question as she revved the engine.

""It's time we visited Grandma's Butcher Shop. Fresh ingredients are a must.

"Plus, we can get some fresh lettuce from the nearby fruit and vegetable market."

Before turning to each other, the two mothers checked out their daughter in the rearview mirror. Winter looks up at the clouds outside. They understand what their daughter is going through at this time. She did come from them, after all. She got her grit and determination from  Tiffany and Taeyeon, who taught her to put on a brave front in public but to cry in private.

Both of them exerted their authority and disciplined Winter in their own unique ways. Both Tiffany and Taeyeon tried to instill in Winter the values of kindness, purity, gratitude, and humility at all times; however, Tiffany is the one who teaches Winter to go through life's experiences in order to become stronger, whereas Taeyeon views Winter like a porcelain figurine that needs to be protected because of its fragility.

They are happy that she has grown up prim and proper, but it breaks their hearts to realize that despite their best efforts to treat Winter normally, she is unable to have a regular life.They almost had a fight that would have resulted in a broken home, but their love for one another won out. 

They both understood that there is no one to blame, but that they still blamed themselves at times. Every night, Tiffany and Taeyeon lie in bed together and cry, pondering what went wrong. That being the case, both moms did what they thought Winter needed, and they tried to appear stronger by keeping their fears and disappointments to themselves. They must not give up on Winter so easily. They mustn't give up hope for one another.

When they finally reached the butcher shop, Tiffany went inside on her own. The lady said it would be quicker if Taeyeon and Winter stayed in the car, as bringing them along would lead to interminable debates over the best cuts of meat to purchase.

"Winter-ah." Taeyeon tried reaching her off the hook by calling her daughter.

"Yes ma?."

"Are you doing okay, honey?"

Winter hum in response.

"I'm good, Ma; in fact, today is the best day of the year because I get to spend it with you and mommy." The words came out of sincerely.

"My apologies, Winter-ah. Don't give up on mama, please. I'll do my best, and I hope you'll keep coming to me whenever you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent your frustrations into. I'm guessing you already know that."

"You're doing great, ma. Even though mommy gave birth to me, I literally came from you."

Taeyeon let out a long sigh.

"I know it's hard, but try not to sigh ma,." Winter chuckled.  " I promise I'm not going to keep anything from either of you because I love you both "except for how she really feels about her predicament, which she doesn't want them to worry about.

When Tiffany returned from the store, she found that they both looked very sad. Taeyeon was the one she wanted to ask, but instead she kept shut. The mother and daughter must have a serious talk. Tiffany is extremely close with both her wife and daughter, to not know that.

"Alright next stop the public market!" Taeyeon tried o lift up the mood.

But it died down along the way. Their ride got quiet.

"Mothers can we drink soju for today?." Winter asked.

Both mothers turned their heads to each other.

“Sure! Isn't today our special day? We should make the most of the day." Her mama replied by squeezing her wife's hands. Tiffany gave a nod. "Let's get drunk." Her mama shouted.

 

Followed by a deafening silence.

 

"Mommy, I got an A on my Chemistry test." Winter started the talk since she is aware of her mother's thoughts. She can tell by their troubled expressions.

"What are you implying, young miss?"

"Don't you think I deserve to go to the next Red Velvet concert?"

"Really? Which date is that?" She overheard her mama asked. She, too, is a fan.

"I think it's Saturday, June 25, next month."

To check their schedules, Tiffany took out her phone. Tayeon made a "What?" mouth gesture when she noticed Tiffany biting her tongue. It dawned on Tiffany that she, too, needed to be in Japan at the time Taeyeon left for Singapore. Both Tiffany and Taeyeon went silent for a while.

Those are crucial meetings, and Winter doesn't always make requests, so Taeyeon is looking to Tiffany for guidance.

"Should we give it some thought, Mama Tae?" Tiffany cocked an eyebrow in question. Taeyeon is so taken aback that she begins to panic, her eyes growing wider by the second. She uttered her exclamation of "You traitor!" in silence.

"But, Mom!!!" Winter screamed, pouting at her mothers. "You promised!!" she added. Which made Tiffany smiled, she's still a child after-all, her princess.Winter unbuckled her seatbelt, exited their vehicle, and heard them close the doors.

"Yes, I will see what I can do and will check my schedule, Winter-ah. If you could, Fany-ah, please plan the the travel for the following month in advance. We are going to travel TOGETHER." Taeyeon stressed the final word. "Nonetheless, my sweethearts, we've finally made it! Let's grab our stuff and make a beeline for the shore!" Taeyeon  added.

"Why did you do that?" As Winter moves ahead of them, Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany..

"I'll skip the meeting even though I cant, but Taeyeon, but I realize Winter really needs us to step up and be a mother to her, specially rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter