4. Silly Girl

2:22
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took me long enough to recover from the shock of the scene that just unfolded when she came. I can barely say a word when I could've easily defended myself.

"Why would I not be over Kaia? She hurt me, she left," I could've said that.

But I couldn't. Because it wasn't true. George is right, I'm not over Kaia. Not yet.

 

"Is she.. you know.. broken?" I heard Yui, our friend from another department, asked Noa.

I must've been spacing out again. I hit her head, making Noa laugh as Yui groaned in pain and annoyance.

"I was just asking! You looked like you're from outer space. Did you even hear what we're talking about before that, you dummy?"

I shook my head, "What was it?" 

"I said, George is the talk of the town recently and I heard she went here to see you? What is it about?"

They both looked at me, their eyes full of curiosity.

"It's for her project, she says."

Yui cackled like her life depended on it. Noa and I hit her shoulder out of annoyance.

She was laughing too much! She glared at us and both her arms, probably in pain.

"Do you honestly believe that? It's almost the end of the semester, why would she need your help?"

I shrugged, how would I know? But hearing Yui's thoughts about it confirmed my initial thoughts earlier. She really just went here to mess with my mind and put me back to my place. She must've been annoyed that I ignored her on Twitter so she decided to come find me.

But why would she pretend like that in front of many people? Why would she care about that?

"Well, just make sure to be careful, alright? I heard she's not as good as she seems."

I nodded.

It's not like I was planning to talk to her anymore. Especially now that I confirmed there's no project whatsoever. I won't let her have her fun with me. Kaia has hurt me enough, I don't need someone else to make me feel terrible.

 

That's what I thought I'll do, but I ended up sighing when I realized who's in front of me again.

"What do you need this time?"

She gave me a smile that never reached her eyes. She slowly leaned near my ear, making me flinch.

"Come with me?" she asked with a very soft voice. 

She sounded so gentle, but I can feel the hidden rage rising from within me.

"Why would I?"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes before looking around. She was reminding me of the crowd slowly growing to watch our interactions. 

Great, another famous girl approaching the average Willow, I wonder how much hate I'll get this time.

She crossed her arms and leaned back as she raised one of her brow. I can't help but notice her long, slender fingers tapping herself as she waits for my answer.

"Wills? What's taking so long?" 

Our eye contact was broken when Noa came out of our classr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter