1. Start

2:22
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I did everything a good girlfriend should do. I made sure to listen to her every time she needed me to. I made sure to give her whatever she wanted or needed.  Whenever she called for me, I made sure to drop everything and run to her. I made her the happiest woman on earth and made sure to let her feel my love. I have only ever loved her. I never strayed nor tried to look the other way. I defended her every time my friend told me she is not for me. Because I believe she is.. or was. Meanwhile, she thought otherwise.

 

"Let's break up."

 

It was that easy for her. After three years of loving her like no other, I got dumped like this. No explanation, no warning. Just a sentence and now she had officially walked away from me, figuratively and literally.

 

God knows how much I wanted to stop her, but I didn't. No, I couldn't because I saw it in her eyes. We're done... she's done with me.

"What did you just say?!" I closed my eyes as my friend, Noa, yelled as soon as I told her about my breakup.

 

Her brows furrowed and I was scared for my life as I prepared for the longest sermon I will ever receive from her. 

 

"I told you so," was what I expected to hear, knowing how much she hated my girlfriend for "not treating me right", her words not mine. But her mean words never came, instead, her arms wrapped around me as she gently patted my head.

 

"Are you okay?" her voice was so gentle, it made me cry.

 

For three days, I never shed a tear. I just brushed it off and functioned like usual. I thought I was doing fine, but hearing her ask me that.. I guess I really was not okay. Not even a little bit.

 

"Was I that easy to drop, Noa?" I whispered in between sobs.

 

"Shh, no, love. You did not deserve this. No one deserves to be treated like this."

 

I didn't say a word because truth be told, I don't believe her. 

 

Kaia has always been the center of attention. She befriends absolutely everyone and would even cry for a stray animal if she sees one. She is also very bubbly and smart too. Her long black hair complements her pretty face and she's got the most attractive smile I have ever seen. Everyone adored her, but as a downside, everyone is always watching her.

 

The first and last time she posted me in her account, I received lots of mean comme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter