Day 4: Kwangya

Kyusung week promps

Dream

Yesung was laughing at the members' jokes and bantering. It started with Siwon and Ryeowook fighting, not for the first time, over some silly thing. He didn't hear that part, so he wasn't sure what was the reason why they were fighting in the first place, but he did hear when Donghae came to tell them about something new he found. But instead of distracting them from the fight, he ended up joining them, bringing more chaos since nobody was listening to him.

The rest of the members started getting abroad the train and soon after everything became a loud mess. Yesung himself was part of the chaos, contributing with his fair share of random comments that puzzled out the rest and some threatening with his sandal. He also received his share of teasing, this thing was an all against all, after all.

Kyuhyun was by his side with an amused smile on his face. He would walk away and join the rest in their mission to or go to annoy someone else from time to time. However, he was mainly by his side, either hugging him or holding his hands.

The chaos continued until the train arrived at the next station, moment when the members got distracted with the novelty of the location. Some went to explore the place, while some concentrated on finding the best restaurant in where enjoy the local food. Leeteuk asked Yesung and Kyuhyun if they wanted to go with him, to which they agreed. They visited some places before returning to the train. They bought many things and waited for the others to return.

He didn't know why, but having to wait for the members to come back was making Yesung feel uneasy. There was something telling him that there was something wrong, everything was wrong, but he didn't know why. Kyuhyun noticed his anguish and comforted him, smothering kisses all over his face. However, the chaste kisses turned less and less innocent as Yesung calmed down. Leeteuk had to separate them before they did something unappropriated, winning a whine from Kyuhyun and a laugh from Yesung.

Seeing him finally laughing again, Kyuhyun's face softened, sharing a loving gaze with Yesung. Kyuhyun went back to him, nuzzling in his neck and telling him there was nothing to worry about. Leeteuk only sighed at the scene, the knowlodge that they wouldn't cross the family friendly line when being this cheesy his only relief. He left them alone and returned to his room. Now that they were alone, the cheesiness only increased,

The rest of the members arrived at that moment, meaning Yesung and Kyuhyun received a lot of mocking from their sappy behavior. Heechul and Shindong were the most letal, though Eunhyuk didn't fall back. Kyuhyun's face was so red he looked like a tomato, a look Yesung himself probably matched. Unlike Yesung, though, Kyuhyun recomposed himself after some time and attacked back. The chaos began again, this time lasting until it was dinner time.

They sat down at the table and ate unceremoniously. Talks with varied topics that quickly changed back and forth were shared, not without a large amount of laughter.

Since it was late, they went to their respective rooms to rest, Yesung and Kyuhyun sharing one, obviously. They prepared to bed, brushing their teeth and changing clothes. While Yesung was in front of the mirror using floss, he caught sight of the window through the reflection. It was a weird sight, as only white could be seen through the glass. He tried to reason it was just because of the mist that distorted the light from the lanterns there were in the way. But wait, were they in a misty area? Why couldn't he remember? He started to analyze all the memories he had about their travel.

And he realized.

He didn't remember where they had been nor know where they were going. Why were they traveling in a train, when they've always used other means to visit new places? What did happen to Heechul? Where were Eunhyuk and Donghae?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where was Kyuhyun?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tears formed in Yesung's eyes, feeling lost and confused. There was something wrong, so wrong, something he was forgetting, but he couldn't remember what it was. Something... Someone was blocking his memories. But what purpose would there be to have to do that? And why was he so scared of remembering? He started sobbing at the uncertainty he felt, which attracted the attention of the only other man in the room. He ran to Yesung and started wiping his tear soaked face.

"It's okay, hyung. Everything is fine."

"No! No! Where is he!?"

"Shhhh, I'm right here."

"Where are you!? Kyuhyun!" Yesung was breaking down, holding to Kyuhyun with the hope of getting his answers. Still, deep down, he knew this man wouldn't help him.

He slipped to the floor, not finding the power to do anything but call for the name of his beloved. The silence he received as reply only broke his heart more.

Kyuhyun looked at his sobbing figure on the floor, a sad smile forming in his face. Then, he kneeled besides Yesung and hugged him. He whispered comforting words in Yesung's ears, trying to lull him back to the dream.

"I'm right here, hyung. Everyone is here."

"Where...."

"Shh, don't worry about anything. There's little left until we reach Kwangya, but there are still a lot of places left to visit! Where do you want to go tomorrow? Should we go with Eunhyuk and Donghae tomorrow?"

"Hyuk... Hae..." The glassy eyes started to cloud again, going back to the dream.

"I heard Heechul found an amazing bar on one of tomorrow's stations."

"Heebongie...." His crying subdued, only a few sniffs were left.

"That's right, hyung. Heechul, Eunhyuk and Donghae. There's also Leeteuk, Shindong, Siwon and Ryeowook with us. Oh, right! Why don't we go with everyone?

"Everyone?"

"Yes, everyone."

Kyuhyun smiled at him and, not long after, Yesung found himself smiling as well.

"That sounds like fun?"

"Doesn't it?"

They got up and finished preparing to bed. They lied down and cuddled. Yesung nuzzled in Kyuhyun's embrace, remembering all the funny things that happened today. The sad moments quickly left his mind and got buried alongside his sense of urgency.

 

It was just another day of mundane happiness.

 

Yesung told Kyuhyun some ideas he had for their plans for tomorrow until sleep claimed his conscience. Kyuhyun looked at Yesung's relaxed face and kissed his temple before snuggling next to him.

 

 

 

 

"Sweet dreams, hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Siwon looked at Yesung's sleeping figure. It has been days since the attack and he hasn't woken up yet. Siwon rubbed his face, not knowing what to do. Just when did everything start to go wrong?

"Hyung." Ryeowook's worried voice called for him, but he didn't look at him. Ryeowook walked closer and called again. "Hyung, you need to rest." Once again, he was ignored. "Hyung." Ryeowook pulled Siwon's arm, his last attempt at calling his attention. He received it, though Siwon still didn't respond to his early petition, asking something instead.

"Why isn't he waking up? His wounds have already healed."

Ryeowook looked at Yesung, holding back a few tears. He gulped, trying to make his voice the most steady possible before answering. "We think it's psychological. He was already affected by Hyuk hyung and Hae hyung's disappearance. He witnessed it, after all. So when we lost Kyuhyunnie... It was too much for him..." His eyes were stinging, but there wasn't any use in getting emotional now. There wasn't much they could do to help Yesung to wake up, but they could do something about their other members. To do that, they needed to be fully prepared and fully rested. Yet, Siwon didn't want to listen and had been observing Yesung insted of sleeping when he wasn't helping with the search.

Just as Ryeowook was going to scold him for not listening, Leeteuk and Shindong entered the room. Leeteuk went deeper into the building with urgency, leaving Shindong to give the explanations.

"We found where Eunhyuk and Donghae are. We also got a clue about Kyuhyun's whereabouts. Get ready, we're leaving tomorrow."

The news were such a relief Ryeowook couldn't contain a few tears from falling. He held one of Yesung's hands with his own two and squeezed it.

"We're going to find them, hyung." He didn't know if Yesung could hear him, but he hoped it would help if he did. Shindong got close to them and squeezed their shoulders.

"Go to sleep right after preparing everything. You need to rest as much as you can."

Siwon and Ryeowook nodded as response and went to their respective rooms after giving a last glance at Yesung. Shindong stayed behind, looking at his sleeping hyung. Things were far from getting solved, but they at least had a starting point. He left the room to prepare for tomorrow, leaving the dreaming man alone.

A tear ran down a cheek and disappeared without being ever seen.

 

 

 

 

 

________________

[Originally posted on November 16th.]

Author's notes: Do you wonder what was this? You're not alone. I'm wondering the same thing.

I wasn't going to post anything for Kwangya because I don't know heck about it, but then saw some other entries that said something about dreams, illusions and trains. And for some reason my mind went booooom.

So yeah, this was it.

 

See you (hopefully) tomorrow!

 

 

[Edit: so I tried to make some sense out of this and decided to make some sort of summary(?) for this story. You are free to read it once it's done or ignore it at your free will. I don't recommend it, but it's your choice.]