3

Breath In. Breath Out.

First thing that I saw was a light, which was coming from the table near my bed.  A simple light. The pain was controlling my body and every little move made it only worse. I was having headaches and couldn’t move. There was no strength left to get up. I tried to hold on something, but this thing went crashing down with a loud sound.

“You shouldn’t move “

A voice… I couldn’t see the person who was talking.

 

“Who are you? “

 

This voice wasn’t happy. He was trying to get information. No, he demanded answers.

 

“I will repeat my question. Who are you? “

 

I tried to speak, but words didn’t leave my lips. I was thirsty, hungry and afraid. After few minutes the person with mysterious voice came out from the shadows, showing himself fully to my eyes.

 

His face was blank. I couldn’t read his expression. His small brown eyes were looking at me. He was reading me like a book and trying to detect something suspicious. This man had black hair and also a small scar on his cheek. Now only few inches were separating us, I still couldn’t move. Tears started stream on my cheeks. Who is he? What he wants from me? A hand touched my cheek and suddenly I was enveloped in a warm and tight embrace. There were no words but I felt peace. I knew that everything will be alright. This person will protect me. Soon I fell back in deep slumber.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doojoon was holding the sleeping girl in his embrace. He knew what she is thinking and feeling. All the worries and fears where written on her face when he talked with her, but know, when she was sleeping, he could see her beauty. Long dark brown hair, cute little nose and rosy lips. He had never seen a girl beautiful like this. Even in the life before when everything was alright. Sitting in this room with her in his arms he thinks about his family, his little sister…

 

“ Doojoon take your little sister and run. We will try to stop them.  “

 

He remembers his mother shouting to him.

 

“ Run, Doojoon run! “

 

He knew that it was no use stay and fight with monsters. He took his little sister and ran as fast as he could. The horrible screams could be heard. He knew his parents fate.

 

The boy with his little sister were traveling and hiding everywhere they could. The little girl was always crying in her sleeps. Doojoon knew that life would be never the same. That he would never feel the peace. Soon the bad things started to happen…

 

They had found them. He was searching for food when the creature attacked. He couldn’t remember the fight but he still could scent that smell of rotting meat from this creature’s mouth. It was the first time Doojoon had seen the blood on his arms.

 

Then the illness came. They had starved for few days when the first symptoms started to show up. The little girl was very sick. Doojoon was looking for medicine when he found this basement so called home. He tried everything. He cooked food, gave her medicine. Every day for the little girl was misery. He really tried to help but it was too late. After few weeks she died in his arms.

 

Now when he was holding this girl in his arms for the first times, memories weren’t so painful…