The first look

Lucky star

It was late summer afternoon while my father was away on work. Me and some friends decided to test our magic. Kids can start showing magical affinity at age of 10 but you do not receive powers till you are 15. Unless you are a genius like uncle jin.
Uncle Jin could practice magic at young age of 10. My father who is uncle Jins closest friend although a very powerful mage did not get his powers at 10 but at 15 just like others so I am not under pressure to do so. 
 

Uncle Jins son tae-Ho was born weak and did not show magical affinity even at age 11. But he had photographic memory and could recollect everything he ever read. At age 11 he could recite literature and magical history fluently but had no powers to show of. He was an easy target for those who were jealous of him.

I did not like him either as he was proud , aloof and always had his nose buried in books. My father always gave me example of how he excelled at everything he did. I was never interested in books but wanted to learn to fight. 
 

That fateful day everyone had tasted the power for a while and wanted to test themout.  At age 11 it's difficult to control powers so it's not advisable to use them freely. Tae-Ho was the target for them to practice. They circled around Tae-Ho and each started to try out tricks on him. Someone levitated stones and pebbles while other used tried breaking sticks and throwing them at him. It was five against one and I was silently watching from corner. I don't like meddling in other peoples business. Slowly scratches started appearing on Tae-Ho's hands and legs. When suddenly some one used a rope to float him in the air and sling him upside down. 
 

whole he was hanging in mid air sobbing our eyes met. I felt a deep feeling within me go to and protect him. Next moment I was standing infront of tae-Ho. I did not know how reached in a blink of an eye from the corner to his side. Next thing I knew I pulled tae-Ho to the ground and stood protectively stretching my arms in front of him. 
 

I declared in a voice which felt foreign to my ears. If anyone dares to hurt tae-ho they are going to pay dearly. as expected they did not take a young girl seriously and continued taking steps towards me and tae- ho. I was actually terrified inside but couldn't show it on my face. Take-ho peered around me to see the oncoming threat and whispered to me to run away and bring some adults to save us. As it will be difficult for both to run away.I said : I will not leave you and run. Either we both run or we both stay. I am my fathers daughter after all and he never let your father be alone. 
 

I braced my self for the impact as all five boys attached as one. With stones, wood pieces, vines of the tree. A transparent bubble appeared our of my hands . It was filmsy and died with first impact. Our attackers smiled and started advancing quicker towards us. I closed my eyes and created the biggest bubble could possibly do, this pushed the attackers and some landed on their backs. When I opened my eyes, attackers looked surprised and did not move for few seconds but I was exhausted. My knees gave away and I kneeled in front of tae-ho with one hand steadily protecting him.

our attackers got back on their feet this time wit determination to beat us both to pulp. I closed my eyes to muster my last but I strength but the stones had already started scratching my hands and feet. That's when I heard the sound before I could open my eyes my hands felt the warmth as if I was near fire place. Tae-ho was standing before me with fire balls in both his hands. Ready to throw then at attackers. He looked like a fire god blazing Like a sun and his expression was not that of a scared kid but that of a devil who knows he has all the cards.

Before anyone could respond the head maid of my house came into my line of vision. Screaming something illegible which I am sure sounded like are you trying to burn down the place. That exact moment tae-ho had a nose bleed and he fainted with exhaustion. He was lucky with his poor health he could muster strength to do this much. 

It wams a miracle that tae- ho could even do magic and I who treated him as mortal enemy would step out to save him.

 It would take a miracle for me to marry the crown Prince who hid behind a tree that day to watch the show unfold before his eyes and did nothing to save me.