The miracle

Lucky star

In the dim light of setting sun a lady with standing in the mid air on the edge of a cliff. Her sun kissed brown hair flying in the breeze.  She was surrounded by masked men stealthily watching her every move. Her clothes showing blood stains whether hers or those she killed no one knows. Peculiar thing was her both hands had swords crackling with lightening energywhich appeared as if each of her hand was sending out lightening strikes. The thing she was protecting was a boy and a girl in their late teens. The boy wss unconscious and the other girl had his head resting on one shoulder and a sword in the other.

suddenly a leader of  masked man appeared out of thin air and made a move.He sent out an arrow of pure white light at the flying girl which she blocked with her lightening sword. Realising she was no match to the leader as well as men together. She gave a faint smile towards her soul sister and the man she loved she was protecting behind her. The leader of masked men sent out next arrow which she did not block but used it be directed towards her heart and released enormous energy bubble. She saw the leader produce a black Smokey shield to protect himself but it collapsed and along with it all the masked men turned to dust right before her eyes. 
she let out a faint smile and a sigh as she was falling down from the sky. Her eyes closed of their accord and she realised her heart ached as if it's about to burst.

I woke up with sweat on my forehead. I always dream the same dream and wake up with an empty feeling. 
 

Shouldn't bad dreams take a break on birthdays. It's my most important birthday I will be able to use my core energy from this year. It's a happy occasion as I can finally have an edge over my biggest enemy. As I was getting ready for the day my first gift of the day arrived. Our mad servant came in with two new maids for me. Every birthday it's the same gift from her. She always says servants should not be kept doing same thing else they learn to cheat. I don't mind new servants as they can take a break from the rigorous work our maidservant madam gives them. I smiled at the two petite girls as they smiled nervously back at me. They were introduced as Jae and Eul. Jae was a short girl with round face with dimples on a cheek. Eul was slimmer and had a long face with almond shaped eyes. I thanked maid servant and she left.

Both Jae and Eul started helping me get ready as I started filling them in with my birthday schedule. I visit my mother's grave along with Tae-ho's family as it both our mothers death anniversary. Oh did I forget to Tel who he is? He is my biggest enemy.

we both were born in the same day with a difference of few hours but he acts as if he's older than me. He is well versed in literature, strategies ( it's his fathers gift he has nothing to do with it as uncle is considered genius too) as well as admired for his good looks ( aunt was a real beauty is what I am told so no contribution from him but only reward of good genes).

I am always compared to him all my life but no one counts riding and archery when they compare us so I fall short. Jae interrupted me saying " why would no one look for sword skills and archery for a boy". To which I replied with grim face " Tae-ho's mother had a weak heart which he inherited hence if he exerts himself with magic he ends up fainting or overly tired so we cannot be compared. But that's too bad. I cannot blame him for those conditions so I get frustrated all the time. Whenever father gets back  from his work matters which sometimes takes him a month or two Tae-ho impresses them with his new poem or new strategy devised. I cannot simply accept that my father thinks of him more than me. My father loves him more because uncle is seldom home as he is out to look for a cure to his heart. There is a series of doctors who come to treat him but no one has succeeded. If not doctors tae-ho has scholars to debate with. He is busy everyday even sometimes at night so my father adores him being weak but hard working and tries to provide fatherly affection. While his own daughter according to him idles her day away. But today as I ascend I will know what powers I have and finally have an edge over my enemy. "


At the same moment a maid came running to announce gifts from crown Prince had arrived.I would receive gifts a betrothed to crown Prince every birthday which I knew he had no idea of what was being neither did he remember my birthday I was only a means to his family to secure his throne because of the destiny I was born with rising star. I would receive next gift from Tae-ho's family with their gift I received my most awaited gift which was my mothers letters. Every birthday I would receive a letter hand written by my mother. My mom was a divination expert ( mind you I have not inherited even a d of this power forget about divining the future). She might have got an inkling of her demise hence she was well prepared with what she wanted to convey. 
 

Her letters give me solace in my lonely moments. I was excited to read about what she wanted to say on me ascending. I received a message from maud I would receive Tae-hos gift during birthday. I felt crest fallen but started waiting for the evening. 
 

one by one guests started arriving and I was talking to Jae and Eul about each guest. The first to arrive was my fathers closest friend uncle min. I whispered to Jae " My father always said he could have been a great man but his love ruined him. He fell in love with a woman for whom he sacrificed his life."