Five

Anything For You// Taehyung x Jimin x OC [Love Triangle]☾*✲⋆.

 

As the princess regained consciousness, she felt the familiar softness of the sheets surrounding her. As she forced her weary eyes open, she was confused to find herself tucked into her own bed. Not the futon she’d been sleeping on for the past week, but her actual bed, in her quarters, in the castle. As she sat up, her head spun, and it took her a moment for the disorientation to pass. Once it had, she saw that her room had been repaired, and that she wasn’t alone, and that there were two guards stationed at her doorway. They were evidently Taehyung’s men, and slowly but surely the memory of Jimin attempting to drag her out of the water and the ambush came back to her. Quickly, she looked down to see that she was clothed in a high-quality silk gown that was her own, but the feeling of dread that overcame her made her feel nauseous.   

  

A million worries flittered through her mind, and a panic built inside her. What had happened to Jimin? And Jungkook and Jin? Were they alright? Why had Taehyung brought her back here, and not killed her? It’s not like he had any use for her now. She was only a threat, seeing as she was the last living heir to the crown... What did he plan to do with her if not to have her killed? 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and then it creaked open, and the princess’ heart dropped at the sight of Taehyung striding into her bedroom. That hefty gaze she knew all too well settled on her from across the room. As he approached and took a seat at her bedside she felt paralyzed with uncertainty. Taehyung had always been so unpredictable that she never truly knew what to expect. 

 

“Miyu, are you alright?” Taehyung frowned as his eyes looked over her worriedly, and at this the princess had to fight the overwhelming urge to hit him. “Alright? Are you kidding me? No, I’m not alright Taehyung, I’m so far from alright. How could you even ask that right now? What happened to Jimin? Is he alright?” Miyu burst out into heated ramblings and Taehyung merely gave a sigh. “On second thoughts, you seem more like yourself than ever. And don’t worry, Jimin is fine. I’m just so relieved that you’re back safe and sound.”   

 

“Taehyung,” Miyu murmured, her heart skipping a beat. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. He’d slaughtered her father in cold blood. She was sure there wasn’t an ounce of humanity left in him. “Pretending you care won’t change anything. You can drop the pretense. It’s not fooling anyone.”

Taehyung’s gaze leveled with hers, and her innate curiosity was running wild. Not knowing what he was ever truly thinking left her at a loss. “I know this will not be an easy adjustment, and I know you might never forgive me for betraying you. But,” the intensity surrounding him seemed to creep over her skin, and it’s like she couldn’t look away from him. “You’re the most precious to me, and I won’t let you forget that for the rest of your life.”

 

Miyu was left stunned by his words. Before she could gather herself, Taehyung had stood and strode back to the door. However, he stopped and gave her one more glance before he left. “Miyu, my darling. Try to get some rest. We’ll talk more later tonight.” And with those last words, the door closed behind him. 

He’d left her in a whirlwind of confusion, and as she sat there, sheets huddled around her body to soothe herself, she just couldn’t understand what he stood to gain by saying things like that. The only thing it did was rip at her already torn heart. Regardless of his motives, she couldn’t believe anything that came out of his mouth, not after what he’d done. 

 

 


 

As the day passed, the princess had been confined to her room and wasn’t allowed out. So, she did the best she could to try to calm her troubled mind, if only to give her some relief so that she could think more clearly and attempt to come up with some sort of plan to escape. She was concerned about Jimin, and all she wanted to do was escape this hell and return to the safety and comfort of his arms. She didn’t want to stick around long enough to learn about Taehyung’s true motives or plans for her, even though she didn’t know what they were. The uneasiness in her stomach indicated that it wasn’t anything pleasant. 

 

But, as hard as she thought about her predicament, there just didn’t seem to be an obvious solution. And as the sun set and cast its shadows across the garden visible through her window, her handmaids soon arrived and she was told to prepare for her meeting with Taehyung this evening. The princess could see the solemn looks upon her handmaid’s faces, and she could tell they weren’t pleased with this situation either, there was a somber feeling that resonated in her quarters, and the handmaids felt like they were dressing their beloved princess only for her to be sent off to the slaughter. Despite the princesses reluctance, she knew her handmaidens also were left with no choice and let them dress her, it was just as the last outer garment layer was being wrapped around her and fastened to her that one handmaid stepped in front of her, blocking the guards views for the slightest of moments. It was then that she placed a small silver dagger into the princess’ hand. Miyu went wide-eyed at the unexpected act, but the handmaid flashed her a warning look and the princess held her tongue. 

The handmaid then fastened the blade to the inner seam nicely and sturdily to her kimono, and without exchanging a single word, she knew what her handmaid was saying. 

If the chance arises, if you feel threatened, protect yourself, princess. 

 

A small tear threatened at the corner of her eye at their bravery, and at their loyalty to her even now, even after her father had been killed and her status ripped away from her. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down and prepare for what was to come. Her meeting with Taehyung. 


 

When the bodyguards told Miyu to follow them, she bid her handmaid’s farewell. The time for her to meet with Taehyung had come, and as she walked along the veranda and down the steps into the garden, her heart raced in her chest. The pebbles of the path crunched under her feet as the bodyguards led her out to the Gazebo in which there was a small teahouse. The pond surrounded it and had the perfect lookout for the stars of the night above. Although, this wouldn’t be like those other nights she’d spent out here enjoying a warm cup of tea and gazing out into the tranquil scenery of the stars and the gardens. 

As she reached the end of the path, she saw Taehyung already seated, the mellow lighting of the lanterns reflecting off his skin. He was relaxed, wearing one of his many stunning yukatas, as he brewed a pot of tea in anticipation of who would join him on this fateful night. Upon seeing the princess had finally arrived, he cracked into a light smile. 

“There you are. You look beautiful. You always do, though," Taehyung said. Miyu wasn’t expecting him to say so, and she faltered for a moment and just stared at him. “Will you join me, your highness?” 

Miyu let her feet carry her closer, and as though she was in a daze, she sat upon the cushion across the table from him. And as she looked at him sitting there against the beautiful night sky above, he twinkled just like those stars above. She hated that her mind thought that. But what bothered her even more was how he was acting. Like nothing had happened.. Like this was just any other night in which they’d share over a nice warm cup of tea. It was so surreal to her, and if she was honest, it was a little disarming. But as she sat there, she continued to hold her silence. She wanted to wait and watch, trying to decipher Taehyung if she could. Because every time she’d faced him, it’d only left her in a world of hurt and confusion. She needed to get a handle on this, on herself, and on her situation. 

When Miyu hadn’t responded to Taehyung, he gave a defeated sigh. “You know it’s rude not to reply when someone gives you a compliment.” He said as he poured them both a cup, and the aroma smelt of Jasmine green tea as he did. But at this, the princess couldn’t hold back the emotions that were bubbling just below the surface. 

“It’s also rude to kidnap people and hold them against their will, Taehyung.” She retorted, watching as he finished pouring the tea into a cup and sliding it across the wooden table to her.  

“I didn’t kidnap you. I brought you home. Where you belong.” Taehyung glanced up at her, and it was like a knife carving into her chest. 

“This isn’t my home anymore. You took that away from me. This place will never be my home ever again. And you- You’re a monster-” Her words were hot on her tongue as she spoke, but as Taehyung slammed his teacup down with a thud and his eyes narrowed at her dangerously, she stopped herself. 

“And you think you’re any better? Do you have even the slightest idea of the living hell I went through for the past ten years?” He bit his lip and broke his gaze, glancing away from her as though feeling much too bitter to look at her. “No. Of course not. For you, everything has always been perfect. You’ve always been doted on and treated like the ground you walked on was laid by an angel. All that ever mattered was you and your happiness. You’re so blinded by this fantasy that you couldn’t see what was really happening.” His words felt like he’d taken that knife and it right into her chest. But not because he’d called her spoiled and sheltered, but because of the way he’d alluded to her being oblivious to his hurt.  

“Tae.. What’re you talking about?” She questioned, and he looked back at her. She had grown up with him, been there through it all. Had she missed something? This whole time he had been hurting, and she hadn’t been able to see it? No, this was all part of his mind games. It had to be. 

“Oh, so now you want to know? Hah.” he scoffed a sardonic laugh, and it was like he’d twisted that knife that was lodged in her heart and dealt the finishing blow. Tears burned at the corners of her eyes and her chest tightened to where she was struggling to breath.

“I- I can’t do this anymore. I’m going back to my room. Goodbye.” Faster than Taehyung could react, Miyu rushed out of the Gazebo and off down the pebble path. 

 

Taehyung called her name as he quickly got up and chased after her. She could barely see what was in front of her through her tear blurred vision but she didn’t care, she needed to get away from him. But, as he caught up with her, he grabbed her wrist and tugged hard, forcing her to spin around to face him. His gaze bored down into hers, his lips inches away from her own. A dangerous look gleaming in his eyes, one that bloomed from desperation. 

 

“No. That’s not fair. You don’t get to run away when things get tough. You don’t get to run away from my love when it gets too hard. I never had that choice, and neither do you..” Miyu’s lip quivered at his words, and Taehyung’s face contorted in pain. “I did all of this because I love you. Why can’t you see that?” Tears ran helplessly down her cheeks, and Taehyung kissed her. Kissed her with all the love and frustration and hurt and longing that was pent up in his overflowing heart.   

 

Miyu’s eyes closed on their own as she lingered in the bittersweet feeling of his lips softly grazing against hers, her heart conflicted. She wanted to hate him, more than anything, and as she remembered the dagger tucked away in the hem of her kimono, she just couldn’t bring herself to do it. As much as she wanted to hate him, her heart still ached under his touch. Her head spun around and around and as Taehyung’s lips parted from her own and she felt the pad of his thumb drag over her bottom lip as he gazed at her with an overbearing desire in his eyes, her body seized up and it paralysed her.

“Miyu, I plan to marry you and take you as my wife. You might hate me at first, but I know one day you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me.” Taehyung pressed one last kiss to her lips and then slipped his hand into hers. The night air as he silently walked her back to her room felt cool on her cheeks where her tears had dried, and it wasn’t until Taehyung had returned her to her quarters that everything seemed to catch up to her. Taehyung still planned to go through with their arrangements to be wed. It was the opposite of the death she originally thought lay ahead for her, but being forced to spend the rest of her life with Taehyung.. Maybe death would’ve been easier. 

 

 


 

Over the next few passing days, the princess mostly refused to leave the safety of her quarters with the exception of going to take a soak in the royal baths. As she sat within the hot water's warmth, the conflict she had faced simmered like the minerals on its surface. She’d thought long and deeply about Jimin, and about Taehyung. About everything that’d come to pass, not only since her castle had been seized, but further back to memories that at first she hadn’t questioned in the slightest. After Taehyung had abruptly confessed that he’d been suffering, it had tipped something in her mind and as she recalled certain events, the more she came to question if she truly had been seeing them through rose-tinted glasses. 

This afternoon, Miyu finally accepted Taehyung’s invitation and joined him in the throne room as he met with various merchants and village chiefs to discuss and listen to their concerns. She remembered back to when her father had sat through such audiences and all the times he’d denied their requests. So, she wasn't expecting it to take very long, thinking Taehyung would more or less do the same thing. It’s always been considered an annoying chore in her father’s eyes. Therefore, when she watched on as Taehyung lent forward and listened contently to each of those who entered, she was perplexed. For a moment, she could’ve sworn he was no longer the same Taehyung that’d ruined her life, and he was merely the sweet and caring Taehyung she’d fallen in love with. 

After the last of those scheduled to speak with the king had left Miyu quickly bid Taehyung goodnight and rushed back to her quarters, partly because she didn’t want Taehyung to catch on to her moment of weakness but more so because she’d been hit with an idea. 

Within the castle, there was a seer, one that was wise and old and that was well versed with the history of their kingdom and its people. If there was anyone who knew truths untold, it was him. The seers swore oaths to remain neutral throughout the lands and were unconcerned with the politics of kings and such, so she knew that anything she could learn of the past from him would be without an agenda. It would be more trustworthy than anything else so, that night she requested to pay him a visit, and the bodyguards who’d been stationed to watch over her didn’t deny her. It was an unspoken law that if one, even if sentenced to death, requested to see a seer, those wishes were honored.    


 

It must’ve been near midnight that the princess was escorted to the edge of the castle grounds where the seer’s shack resided. The night was eerily silent and as she approached, she could see the glow of lanterns illuminating the small dwelling. Beads of bones and other unidentifiable objects hung from the roof, and she had to push past the small unease that loomed over her and proceeded to knock on the wooden door. 

She waited for a moment until finally the flimsy wood creaked open and a man who mustn’t have been much older than her peeked out at her. His eyes were dark and narrowed, and she almost was about to change her mind and turn back, telling him she’d knocked on the wrong door, but he spoke before she could. 

“Ah princess, I’ve been expecting you. Come in.” And with that, he opened the door. She felt confused, but upon looking back at the guards, who gave a nod of approval, she slipped into the small dwelling, and the seer closed the door behind her. She felt like she’d almost stepped into a different world as she gazed at all the ominous items that cluttered the small shack, but her attention was drawn to the table where there was a pile of different shaped bones scattered and a golden goblet. 

“Sit,” the seer said plainly, taking a seat at that very table. So she carefully slipped into the creaky chair opposite him. There was a certain aura that the seer emitted, one that she’d never experienced before. It was one of mystery and of things that far exceeded her understanding. But as the seer leaned back, crossing one leg over the other, she saw a glint of his youthful charm. 

“You’re the seer.. correct..?” she asked, and he nodded. “I am. My name is Yoongi and I’ve been here long before you were born. I know what you’re thinking. I may look young, but don’t let this form deceive you.” 

 

“I- I didn’t say anything..” the princess felt a bit embarrassed at the fact that he indeed had seemingly read her mind. “You don’t need to. I’m thousands of years old and I’m all knowing.” Yoongi gave a dark chuckle. The princess shifted uncomfortably in her chair, but the seer ignored it. “You may ask three questions, be it past, present or future. What is it you want to know?”

The princess thought about it for a moment before asking her first question. She didn’t exactly know how this worked, but she didn’t really have time to worry about that right now. “Why did Taehyung kill my father?” 

“Because it’s his destiny. That’s the vague answer, but I’ll give you a little more.” Yoongi leaned back and pulled the hood of the black robe he was wearing down. “Taehyung’s father had been plotting the king’s death for years now, and that obsession with revenge was destined to become Taehyung’s burden from the moment of its conception. The king, in poor taste, had Taehyung’s mother executed, and when Do Woo begged the king to reconsider, he took no mercy.”  

The princess could barely comprehend what she was being told. It seemed impossible. How could this be so? Taehyung’s mother.. She could barely recall the memory of her, seeing as she’d passed at such an early age for her. “That’s not possible. I thought she died of sickness. It can’t be.” 

“You came here of your own volition, did you not? Take it or leave it. I answer your questions and what you do with that knowledge is for you to decide. What is your next question.” Yoongi spoke in a low tone, as though unamused by her blatant doubt. So, she took a deep breath and asked her next question. “What of Jimin? Is he alright? Is he hurt right now?” 

“Hmm.” Miyu watched with intrigue as Yoongi took three of the bones in his hand, cleared a space on the table and then shook them before dropping them like they were a pair of dice. “Jimin is a man scorn, his heart is in agony, but physically he is fine.” 

“Oh..” The princess didn’t exactly know how to take this news either, and since coming here it was nothing like the impression she had prior. But she didn’t want to keep Yoongi, whose hard gaze was impatiently fixed on her, waiting so she scrambled to figure out what her last question would be. “You said I could ask about the past, present, and even the future right..?” she questioned, and to this Yoongi gave a nod. “Then, what fate does my future hold..?” 

At this, a cunning smirk broke across Yoongi’s lips. “You, princess. You will face a choice. And the decision you make will seal that fate you so eagerly seek.” 

“That.. That doesn’t really answer anything..” the princess murmured, feeling a little dejected. The other two questions she’d asked, he’d given her much more detailed answers. 

 

“Please take care on your return to the castle, princess Miyu.” Yoongi stood abruptly and stepped over to the door, so the princess got up and was as quickly ushered out as she was in.