Three

Anything For You// Taehyung x Jimin x OC [Love Triangle]☾*✲⋆.

Princess Miyu and Jimin had been trudging through the woods for what seemed all too long. It was so long that the light of dawn had cracked over the horizon and reflected off the side of the mountain that they were now nearing. Jimin could tell by the way the princess dragged her feet and the soft pout on her lips that she was tired. However, so was he, and despite his wound being wrapped and cleaned, the considerable distance they’d traveled by foot was only making it more painful for him. 

 Fatigue had well and truly set in for Miyu. It was only her sheer willpower that kept her moving forward. This was because she knew Jimin was hurt, and that the hunger pain she felt had set in her stomach. It was just as they’d stepped into a clearing that the rustling of a bush across the clearing caught her attention. At first, she thought she’d imagined it, but as Jimin put his hand out to stop her from taking another step forward, she realized it wasn’t just in her imagination. 

“What’s wrong?” She questioned, but he silently raised a finger to his pursed lips so she stopped talking and watched as Jimin quietly, cautiously, made his way closer. Again, the bush rustled and then just before Jimin had made it to the bush, a man- no, a boy? Had popped out from behind it. He looked like a deer caught in headlights with those wide brown eyes of his, and the banana was raised to his mouth as though he’d been caught red-handed about to take a bite. 

A shared confusion sat in the air for a moment before the man who had such youthful features straightened up and lowered his banana, his gaze drifting over both Jimin and Miyu for a moment before he spoke. “What happened to you two? You look like you just crawled out of a hole.” 

Jimin scoffed, but Miyu frowned. "Well, we kinda did.." She laughed dejectedly. After coming all this way, and after being beaten up and injured as they were, for this boy, that the first comment they got was to ask if they crawled out of a hole was quite discouraging. 

"Sure, kid, don’t worry about that. We’re looking for a shaman who supposedly lives somewhere in these woods. Do you happen to know where he lives?” Jimin wasn’t exactly using his friendly voice with him, and Miyu could understand why. He looked like nothing more than an innocent peasant, and although the clothes he wore were raggedy, she could tell they were still unusually clean. 

The boy’s brows scrunched together as he took a bite of the banana, and Miyu couldn’t help the growl that escaped her stomach at the thought of how tasty it looked. “Well, if it’s the old man you’re referring to, then yeah. I know where he lives.” The boy said, muffled by the chewing of the banana. “Say um, could I maybe have a bite of that..?” Miyu couldn’t resist any longer and as she asked Jimin’s gaze turned to her. He knew she was probably starving by this point. This made him feel even more guilty that he hadn’t been able to protect her, or provide for her, or even find this darn shaman yet. 

The boy moved a few steps closer and held out the fruit. “Sure, there’s plenty more in the trees over there.” He mumbled, and as he pointed out into the distance, the two of them noticed the tree in question. Miyu thanked the boy before taking it from him, and it felt like absolute heaven in as she took a bite. 

“So, uh,” Jimin went on, feeling a little confused by this entire encounter yet trying to not get distracted. “Could you perhaps, uh.” Jimin’s attention was pulled as the princess nudged him and handed the banana to him, so he took it. “Thanks princess, are you sure though? I can always find something else..” Jimin hesitated, but the princess shook her head seeing as she was still chewing, so Jimin took a bite too. 

“They’re pretty delicious, right?” The boy broke into the cutest of smiles, and he almost resembled a bunny. “Yeah, so delicious. I never imagined there were such tasty kinds of fruits just out here in the woods.” The princess said, but at this Jimin darted a look her way. 

“Hmm. There’s always lots of snacks out here in the forest. Usually I like raspberries, but this time of year the bananas are ripe.” The boy carried on, and Miyu got the feeling that he really enjoyed his food. “That’s great, but as I was saying, can you take us to see the shaman?” Jimin butted in, and Miyu held her silence. The boy shrugged. “I guess I could do that, but,” The boys gaze dropped to Jimin’s side and lingered there for a moment. “Just who are you two? How am I supposed to know you aren’t thieves or something?” 

 

Jimin and Miyu exchanged a look. Although Jimin looked hesitant to say anything, Miyu made a split second decision that honesty was the best policy right now. “I’m the princess, and this is my bodyguard.. Last night the castle came under siege and..” Just thinking about what’d come next sent an ache through her heart. She felt her knees weaken beneath her and if it wasn’t for Jimin’s quick movement, he wouldn’t have caught her in time. 

“Jimin,” The princess’ voice was weak, and despite having only just met these two, the boy that watched on had a feeling that perhaps they truly needed some help. So, with that, he led them back to the old man that he served. The one that the odd couple had referred to as a shaman.  

  

As Jimin carried Miyu on his back, the two of them followed the boy, who’d introduced himself as Jungkook, further along until eventually they reached a small dwelling that was mostly made from large bricks and had a straw roof. Even so, it looked quite tidy and quaint. Jungkook told the two to wait outside for a moment while he went in first, so Jimin carefully lowered the princess back down on her own two feet, seeing as she felt a little better. 

 

“What do you mean you brought home two stragglers, Jungkook-ah, I swear I could throw you in the lake right about now!” A loud voice could be heard yelling from inside, and Jimin and the princess exchanged a look of confusion. “I’m regretting coming here already,” Jimin sighed, but the princess nudged him and pointed to the dwelling. “Hey old man! Cut it out, this is child abuse you know?!” Suddenly they could see Jungkook stumbling out of the front door and dodging a shoe that’d been flung out the door and towards him. “Oh, my..” The princess couldn’t believe what she’d just seen, yet Jungkook started giggling as he came back to them.

 

“It’s fine. He said he’d see you. Are you coming?” Jungkook stood there with a cheeky grin plastered on his face, but at their hesitation, he gently tugged at the princess’ arm. Jimin was about to stop him, but as she followed along with Jungkook and gave Jimin a shrug, he was left with no choice but to follow. 

 

Once the three had made their way inside, Miyu noticed how neat and tidy their home was. Even though their entire house was merely the size of her bedroom, it still fascinated her. “Hyung, this is the princess, and her bodyguard Jimin. They said they wanted to come and see you,” Jungkook told the man as he burst in. He ushered them in with him, and sat down at the table on the floor, and as he motioned for them to take a seat at the table, they did so. Once they were finally settled, they turned to properly see who this person they’d been seeking was. And to their surprise, he appeared nothing like an old man or a shaman for that matter. 

“I know Jungkookie, you just told me that, and I just told you we couldn’t help them.” Jungkook whined. “Oh, come on Jin Hyung, don’t be like that.” But as the man’s eyes landed straight on the princess, she felt a shiver run down her spine. “I’m sorry princess, it’s not that I have anything against you. It’s just Jungkookie and I live out here peacefully, and I don’t want to put that in jeopardy.” 

“I don’t know if getting shoes thrown at you is considered peaceful.” Jimin muttered, and the princess nudged him, hoping that the shaman hadn’t heard his remark. The princess felt her heart sink at his words, because she hadn’t even realized that by coming here she had put Jungkook and his Hyung in danger. But, just as she was about to thank him and tell Jimin it was best they take their leave, Jungkook spoke up. 

 

“Hyung, Jimin is seriously injured. If you turn them away, he could die.” 

Both Miyu and Jimin looked at Jungkook in shock. They were stunned that despite not telling him about Jimin's wound, he already knew about it. But what they didn’t expect was just how serious it was. “How did you know I was injured?” Jimin questioned, and Jungkook looked at him as though contemplating him for a moment. 

“Jungkookie has keen instincts when it comes to this sort of thing. And if he’s right, which he is most of the time, then,” Jin gave a sigh and came over to Jimin. “Can I take a look?” Jin asked, and Jimin obliged and leaned back on his hands so that Jin could unwrap his bandage. 

 

The princess and Jungkook watched on as Jin unwrapped the cloth to reveal the red and purulent gash. Jimin’s face scrunched in pain as Jin inspected, and the princess prayed the shaman would help him. She hated seeing him suffer like this, and she hated thinking that it was ultimately her fault he’d ended up like this. 

“Jungkookie, can you grind up some herbs and get my perilla leaves? I think you were right. He needs to be treated.” At Jin’s instruction, Jungkook immediately got up and headed over to what appeared to be a table for concocting medicines or potions of some sort. There was a mortar and pestle as well as many jars with leaves and liquids and even tadpoles inside. 

“Thank you.. Jin.. Sir..” The princess wasn’t exactly sure how to address him so she stumbled on her words, but she was just so relieved that he was willing to help Jimin that it didn’t matter. “Just Jin is fine, princess, but you, you’ll still have to address me as Hyung.” He broke into a light smile that held some cheek towards Jimin, but Jimin just broke into a small smile back. 

The princess's heart did a tiny somersault at seeing the burden lift off Jimin, even if it was only the tiniest of smiles. “Jin.. Is there anything that I can do to help?” She questioned, feeling a little left out now that he and Jungkookie had begun to prepare medicine. “Sure princess, if you could help set up some bedding for Jimin, that’d be helpful. It’ll make it easier for us to treat him, too.” Jin replied and gestured towards the pile of futons that were neatly packed into a cupboard. So, the princess went over and pulled them out, then dragged them to a space on the floor beside the large window and set up the futon. Once it was done, she helped Jimin get in, and she fixed the blanket over his toes so that he was comfortable. 

 

Even though Jimin was in pain, having the princess there caring for him made it bearable. It made him wonder if this was how it’d be if he’d married her. Would she have taken care of him this tenderly also? A small blush crept onto his cheeks and he had to try to clear his mind of those thoughts as he lay there in the bed she’d made him. 

 

“Hmm. Jiminie, do you have a fever now too?” Jungkook asked as he noticed. “Your cheeks are turning red. Maybe I should quickly put something together for that too.” Jimin blushed even more and mumbled a no before turning his face away and towards the window to try to conceal it. However, the princess was already looking back at him. “Jimin? Did you want some water? Wait, I’ll get it for you.” And before he could reply, she quickly got up. 

 

“The cups are in the cupboard to the left.” Jin called out to her, flashing Jimin a smile as though he knew exactly what was really going on and that it wasn’t a fever at all. 


 

 Once Jungkook and Jin had finished preparing the medicine, Jin got busy with the treatment. He lathered on a thick coating of a gel-like substance across the gash and then covered it in leaves, which easily stuck to the wound. Jimin was told to stay in bed and rest and even though he still had a million worries plaguing his mind right now, the exhaustion of the past 24 hours hit him in full force. He fell into a deep sleep. 

By this time, the entire day had passed, and the sun setting across the nearby lake painted the sky in pink and blue hues. The princess had been seated by Jimin’s side since he’d fallen asleep. As she sat by the window, she admired the colors and thought it resembled a painting on a canvas. 

“Princess,” As Jungkook called her name, it snapped her from her trance and she looked to see him standing beside her, holding what appeared to be a pair of pants and a shirt. “I thought you might be cold.. Not to mention kind of dirty..” And as Jungkook’s gaze trailed down, so did hers and she remembered just how icky she felt. That, and that she’d been sitting there in a torn nightgown the entire time she’d been there. 

“Thank you Jungkook.. That’s really thoughtful of you..” she murmured, another thought coming to her mind. She had absolutely nothing anymore. Not clothes, or shoes, hair ornaments, or handmaids or anything. She’d lost it all. 

Jungkook noticed the princess's eyes sadden, and he didn’t know what she was thinking, but he realized something bad must’ve taken place if she was out here in the woods and looked like she did. He’d always imagined a princess to appear exceptionally dressed and dripping with jewels, but that couldn’t be further from how she looked. It made him feel sad for her. 

“It’s the least I can do. Besides, ever since I saw you in that dirty night gown I’ve had the biggest urge to wash it.” Jungkook grinned, and the princess laughed. “I don’t know if there’s any point. It’s ripped, so wouldn’t it be better to just throw it away?” She asked. Jungkook raised his brow. “Well, luckily I’m a man of many talents, and one of those is sewing.” 

At this, the princess giggled. Jungkook held a certain childlike innocence in his eyes, but he was still quite manly at the same time. It was quite endearing and to top it off, she was finding out just how kind he was. She couldn’t help but to feel a fondness for him. 

“Thanks Jungkookie, Oh.. Where should I change?” She questioned, and Jungkook helped her up and led her outside and behind the house, where there was a separate area for washing up. After she changed, she felt a little better, and just as Jungkook had requested, she entrusted him with her nightgown so he could fix it up. The princess was so exhausted that she’d also dozed off while supper was being prepared. Seeing how tired the two were, Jin and Jungkook didn’t wake them until later that night, once dinner was prepared. 

The last time the princess and Jimin had eaten a proper meal was at the banquet the previous night, right before Taehyung had executed the king and seized the castle. But since the moment she’d learned of the betrayal, she and Jimin had been on the run and the shock of the situation hadn’t quite hit her yet. But, as she sat around the table beside Jimin, who was shirtless because of his wound, and Jungkook and Jin, her mind trailed back to the chaotic events that’d led her to this moment. Jin had prepared a delicious stew, and the furrows of Jungkook’s eyebrows as he ate made it clear that he was enjoying it. But as the princess slowly raised the spoon to , a stray tear fell into her bowl and caused a small ripple. Jimin, who apart from thanking their hosts for the meal, had said little, but it didn’t take long for him and the others to notice that the princess was silently crying. 

“The stew isn’t that terrible, is it?” Jin spoke softly, and although the princess cracked the smallest of laughs, she still felt her heart heavy. “No, it’s delicious. I’m so sorry.” She sniffled and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. Jimin quietly comforted her as he gently rubbed circles into her back, and Jungkook looked on with wide, worried eyes. Jin gave a sigh. “Whatever happened in the castle must’ve been bad if you’re in the predicament you’re in right now. I may have been rash in my decision earlier, but, on thinking it through a little more, I think it's better that the two of you stay here for a little while.” 

“Really? You’ll let them stay?” Jungkook questioned. “Yeah, well, at least until you’re all healed up. If you were to run into any trouble, there’s no way you’d be able to defend yourself in that state.” Jin said, gesturing towards Jimin.  

“Thank you Jin..” Miyu was grateful as Jin gave her a humbling smile, that she returned. It was a minor act of kindness, but it meant the world to her, and Jimin too. “If there’s anything you need help with, you can count on us. We’d be more than happy to lend a hand to help repay your kindness.”Jimin looked to Jungkook and Jin, and the princess noticed he looked a little shy. Then again, this was also a very new experience for Jimin. Seeing as the two of them had always lived in the castle's comfort, they’d had no reason to rely on the help of commoners. The princess could tell that this might be why Jimin appeared to be so bashful about the offer from Jin and was trying offering their help in return. 

“Pfft, I don’t know how much help you’ll be around here while you’re wounded,” Jin stifled a snort, but then he suddenly clapped his hands together as though struck with an idea. “Whoa, calm down there, old man.” Jungkook said as he stuffed another spoonful of stew into his mouth. “How many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me that? Twenty-eight is hardly old?” Jin bickered back. 

 

"It makes sense why there were rumors that an old man lived here." Jimin said contemplatively, and Jin sighed. “See! Now everyone thinks I’m old, for god's sake."

Jungkook sniggered, and even Jimin had to stifle a laugh, but Jin carried on. “I was about to say that, Jimin, If you want to make yourself useful around here, then there is something I’d like to request of you.” 

Jimin gave a nod, open to hearing of what this request may be. “I want you to train Jungkookie with the sword. The boy is naturally gifted, and I think it’d do him good to learn how to defend himself, should the occasion arise.” 

The princess, Jimin and Jungkook all looked surprised by the request, but it only took Jimin a moment to give an answer. “I accept your request. Jungkook-ah, have you ever wielded a sword before?” Jimin questioned, looking at him. Jungkook merely shook his head. “No.. But,” he gulped. “I’d like to learn.” 

 


 

After dinner, Jimin and the princess helped Jungkook wash the dishes and clear up the table. The small cabin was comfortable and warm thanks to the fire that Jin had kept burning in the fireplace. He had chucked a freshly cut log onto the pile every now and then from his armchair. The four of them sat around the fire and shared old folk stories for a short time until the exhaustion of the day settled in and it was time to call it a night. The princess crawled into her futon, which she’d laid out beside Jimin’s, and the two exchanged goodnights. Soon after, light snoring could be heard over the crackling sound of the fire, but for some reason, the princess just couldn’t seem to fall asleep. 

She turned back over and cracked open an eye, only to see Jimin peacefully sleeping. Well, she’d thought he was until one of his brown eyes cracked open, too. “Can’t sleep..?” Jimin asked her, lulling his head aside and looking directly at her. Jimin always thought she was beautiful, but the glow of the moonlight and the soft orange from the flames reflecting off her complexion were almost mesmerizing to him. The princess bit her lip. “Jimin.. I’m so confused.. What went so wrong.. One moment, everything was fine.. Ta-” The princess stopped at his name, but pushed herself to go on. “Taehyung.. Why would he do something like this..? I- I can’t understand it..” And at the thought of it, her chest tightened and she bit down tears. Jimin knew how she felt, because he felt the same way. “Princess I.. I don’t know why he did this.. But it doesn’t change the fact that he did. I’ll never forgive him. And neither should you..” Jimin’s words hurt him to say, but he meant them. 

 

The two gazed at each other, and the princess, in that moment, lingered in the one comfort she had. Jimin quietly pulled his hand from under the blanket and gently placed it on top of hers. It was warm and strong, and she thought of how these hands had protected her so many times. The princess slipped her fingers between his and closed her eyes. And as she felt Jimin gently rub circles with his thumb on the back of her hand, a warmth radiated and settled into her heart, a warmth that wasn’t from the fireplace, but one of someone she cared about deeply. One that knew her heart like no other.

Notes:

Thoughts/Feelings/Predictions?
hehe :3