Chapter 4 - Newyleds life begin

A Royalty Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae is freshly bathed and dressed when it's close to dinner. He doesn't feel well. He wants to cry. When he looks at the luxury things inside his bedroom he feels suffocated. 

"Donghae! What's wrong? Why you look so sad?!" Heechul asks after he do final touch to Donghae clothes. Tonight he is just wearing simple beige pants and white tshirt and cardigan. The night isn't that cold yet. He notices Donghae is almost crying and he panics. "Tell me what is it? I will fix it for you!"

Donghae sniffles. "I'm scared, hyung."

"Of what?!" 

"The night before we got married, Prince Hyukjae promised me that he won't treat me like a bird in a cage. He will let me do anything I want. But I don't think he keeps that promise."

"What makes you say that?" 

"Look around hyung. All this super expensive stuff. He even come here this morning saying I can ask him anything if I'm uncomfortable. Don't that look like he treats me just like a bird? What if he will never let me out?" The Prince is crying. His whole face red and body trembling. Heechul holds him tight in hands.

"Donghae ah, you don't know that. It hasn't even 24 hours yet! I'm sure the Duke will say something after dinner. So don't be sad. I'm sure he is not the same like all the selfish nobles out there."

Donghae looks hopeful. "How do you know that, hyung?"

Heechul smiles. "I just got a feeling. When I look at him, I think he is a nice guy. Just give him a chance." Donghae doesn't understand how Heechul can feel like that. But he wants to trust Heechul. He wipes his tears and let Heechul fix his makeup. They went down for dinner with Prince Hyukjae.

 

The dinner is......awkward as hell. Both princes not talking. They just eating. The servants serving and standing in the room feel awkward. They don't expect it's gonna be this awkward! PLease say something!!

Hyukjae steals secret glances at Prince Donghae sitting opposite him. The table is big and long but he can see the prince well. He looks very handsome tonight. Hyukjae smiles and he eats slowly. But he notices the prince eyes seem red. Is he crying? But why? 

"Is the dinner to your liking, my prince?" He asks suddenly. Prince Donghae look up. 

"It is. Thank you for asking, your highness. I hope it is to your liking as well." Prince Donghae says.He sounds very polite. Script for royalty when speaking. Hyukjae feels weird. The Prince Donghae he knows is snarky and bold. He is not pretentious. SO why is he so polite? He looks at the prince's personal butler Heechul. Heechul only look down. CAn't help because he knows Donghae will hate if Heechul tells the Duke.

"Is everything alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter