How They Became Friends...or Not?

I Love You to Saturn and Back

"Karina, fancy seeing you here," Karina looked up and saw Winter beside her. She sat down and smiled. 

"Hi," the older girl smiled. 

It has been two days since they met. And yes, this meeting is purely coincidental. Karina does not even have the younger woman's contact number. 

"How's the show?" Winter asked quietly. Karina shrugged.

"Pretty boring. Why are you late, though?" Winter smirked. Her eyes sparkled with mischief.

"I am a college student, Karina. I am pretty busy." Karina raised a brow. She was in college too, but why can't she understand the other meaning Winter is on? 

"And?" She asked. Winter scoffed. 

"I was partying! Don't you party?" The older woman looked straight into the stage, her cheeks blushing. 

"Shush, the play is about to get better," she whispered. Winter mumbled a few words, staring at her like she grew another head.

"Nooo," she dramatically said. 

"What?" Karina asked. 

"You've never been to a party?!" Winter's eyes are so wide, Karina is afraid they fall from the sockets. 

"Hey now, don't be so dramatic. Of course, I've attended parties." The younger woman looked at her with a scrutinizing gaze. 

"I am almost a hundred percent sure that your party is different from mine," Karina shrugged. She can't focus on the play. 

She has never been to a College party before. Nor does she been to a High School party. Those parties are for animals; students who like to get wild

And that is not Karina.

Karina Yu is calm and introverted, and she likes books more than she likes people. 

The party that she had attended was the typical rich family party: gala or balls. Very sophisticated.

"This won't do," Winter clicked her tongue before standing up. She held Karina's hand and started pulling her to stand up. 

"Where are you taking me? Don't tell me you're a serial killer," Karina asked. Her voice is so calm and soothing. 

Winter shook her head. Thankfully, she was not offended by what the older girl said. 

"I am going to take you to the wildest party ever!" She exclaimed. 

Karina lets the shorter woman pull her outside the theater. She sighed. She hated crowds and noise in general. A college party is at the end of the list she wanted to do tonight.

But Winter's company is too tempting to refuse. Besides, it might be her last time to experience such parties. 

And she needed a friend that could pull her out of her comfort zone without forcing her. Or in other words, she needed Winter. She wants her undivided attention.

"Taxi!" Winter yelled. She looked up and smiled at Karina. 

"Why?" Karina asked and chuckled. Winter is looking at her like she is so ready to welcome another member of a cult. 

"I am just excited that you're going to experience your first college party with me!" Karina groaned.

Does she tell the girl that she is excited too? Or does she play it cool and act like it is not a big deal at all?

"You're gonna regret that, Winter. I swear," the older woman said, chuckling to herself. 

"Then I guess you have to drink until you pass out, Miss Boring." Winter teased. Karina scoffed and crossed her arms. Her eyes started wandering around the road. 

"I am not boring," she whispered. A lot of people had already told her so. But she just refused to acknowledge it. 

She is not boring. The people around her just don't find what she does enjoyable. Just like how she can't understand the fun of parties.

"Sure, you're not," Winter said and smirked. The cab pulled up in front of a big house. Students, Karina thinks, are either eating someone else's face or drinking so excessively. 

"Whose house is this?" Karina asked. Winter looked back at her and smirked.

"My parents?" She innocently answered, both her brows raised. Karina tilted her head in confusion.

"And you left them because?" 

"Because I thought I was going to find you inside a theater. Surprise, surprise! I did." Karina hummed. So it might not be a coincidence. 

"Are you stalking me?" Karina asked. Winter shook her head. 

"Of course not! I've been to so many theaaters for the last hour, hoping I could see you." Karina is dumbfounded. Winter did all of that? She opened , when a girl suddenly walked between them. 

"Win! Is this the girl you've been talking about?" A girl asked. She looks feminine and elegant. 

Karina shyly smiled. 

"Hey now, be a lamb and shut it." The younger woman pinched her friend on the waist before looking at the taller woman. 

"This is Yizhou. Yizhou meet Karina," both women offered their hands. 

"Hi, Yizhou." Karina greeted them with her charming smile. She may be shy, but she is polite. 

"No wonder Winter can't shut up about you. You're so fine!" Yizhou said and suddenly s her hands around the taller girl's body. 

Karina jolted in surprise. She awkwardly pats Yizhou's arms. 

"I-I didn't know Winter likes to talk about me," Karina said, her eyes looking directly at Winter. The latter shrugged.

"I met a gorgeous playwright. It is hard not to talk about her all day long, don't you think so?" The younger said, acting nonchalant. 

Karina feels overwhelmed and flutters. So, Winter feels the same way. She can't forget her too. 

Karina's lips tugged upwards.

"I thought I was Miss Boring," Karina said mockingly. Winter rolled her eyes and started pulling the older woman softly.

"Prove me wrong, Karina." Yizhou cleared . 

"I am still here, lovebirds!" She said sassily before walking out. 

"Are we friends, Winter?" Karina asked while pouring herself a drink. She can't handle her alcohol well. But she is not boring. She can be fun.

"Depends on how this night would end, Miss Boring." Winter chuckled before drinking alcohol from its bottle. Karina grimaced at the sight. 

The older girl did not know how that night ended. She cannot remember anything other than Winter trying to carry her toward a room. And — oh . She remembered puking on the poor woman's chest. ing parties and alcohol.

Karina prayed to all the gods that after all of the vomiting, Winter would still accept her as a friend.