How The Day After Went

I Love You to Saturn and Back

Karina groaned and looked around. She is inside a bedroom she does not recognize. 

She sighed deeply. She needs to calm down and retrace her memories from last night. Maybe, she'll know whose comfortable bed she is hogging right now. 

She looked at herself and saw that she is still wearing the same clothes, except her sweater that was currently lying on the floor. She hummed. That's because she vomited onto someone. And that someone might be Winter. 

She closed her eyes tightly. Last night was a blur. She might have drunk more than she's capable of. 

She looked around the room. She saw paintings and a few pictures on the desk. She can barely see the face in the photos. 

Winter. Of course, this is Winter's room. She shook her head. How can she ing face the younger woman right now? She made a mess.

"You're awake," Karina looked at the door and saw the owner of the room smiling at her. She smiled, embarrassed.

"Sorry for the mess," she said while scratching the back of her neck.

Winter's melodious laugh comprised the silent room. 

"Never met someone who says sorry after a party," the shorter girl said and walked to Karina. She sat beside the older girl and shrugged. 

"Are you feeling okay? You did drink a lot last night," Karina chuckled nervously. She hopes to every god she knew that she did not do anything to embarrass her and her whole family. 

"Did I do anything stupid?" Karina asked while averting her gaze from the younger woman. 

Winter smirked.

"You did not. You just sat there, telling me things like superheroes, and at some point, you mentioned Star Trek or Wars. Honestly, I am not sure." 

"We-well, that's embarrassing enough." Karina blushed. She just showed Winter her deepest nerdy self. her life.

"Really? I thought you were cute!" Winter said and stood up. She looked at the older girl and smiled widely. 

"I have asked the maids to cook for us. I hope you stay until lunch," Karina looked at her watch. She has a corporate meeting that needs her attendance. But she has a sister. She can do it.

"Sure, let me just call home." 

Winter nodded and excused herself. After the younger woman left, Karina dialed her younger sister's number. 

"Hey, why'd you call?" Her younger sister asked. Karina rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue.

"I don't like your tone, Wonyoung."

"You didn't call just to tell me that, did you? Why did you call?" Karina hummed. Her younger sister is a brat. But she loves her still. 

"Attend the meeting at 12:00 PM, you can do it, no?" There was a pause and suddenly, Wonyoung snorted. 

"Are you telling me you are going to miss a meeting?" Karina raised a brow. 

"Maybe?" 

"It's not April Fool's Day, dear sister." Karina leaned on the wall and chuckled shallowly. 

"What makes you think that I am pranking you, Wonyoung?" Karina asked in disbelief. She never really understood the essence of jokes or pranks. They are useless. 

"Because you have never missed a single meeting." 

"Just please attend the meeting for me," the older woman pleaded. 

"Why would I? Give me a reason, and I might consider it." 

Talking with her younger sister is like talking to herself. It pisses her off so much. 

Does she tell the truth or does she make an excuse?

"I met a wonderful woman who wants me to stay for lunch." She whispered, afraid that the said woman would hear her. She sighed as her breaths started to quicken. 

Is this even acceptable? Missing on something important for a mere lunch. But it is with Winter. The girl she met at the theater. 

"How about I take care of your work for one week?" Karina raised a brow with the sudden change of mood. 

"Nice of you to do that. But this day is enough for me," she stood up straight before ending the call. 

Wonyoung would bombard her with text messages for sure. 

"Winter, hey. Sorry for the delay." Karina said as soon as she sat in front of the shorter woman.

Winter smiled as she stared at the taller woman. 

"Not at all. So, how did your call go?" Winter asked as she handed Karina the plate of rice. 

"Good. I am really sorry about last night, Winter. I have never been that wasted before." Karina said while blushing. Her head hang low as she smiled.

"Please. You were so cute mumbling about things. I enjoyed listening to you," the younger woman said. She munched her food as her eyes continued to observe the taller girl. 

"No, I am not," Karina whispered. She got the glass of water in front of her and drank it. 

"Enough about last night! What do you want to do later? If you're not busy, of course." 

Karina tilted her head. There is a later? But they've been together since last night! Won't Winter get tired of her face? 

Besides, she never had a life outside of school and business. She is boring. Why does Winter expect her to know something to do?

"Why don't you take me to your favorite place?" Winter suggested when she saw the conflicted look on Karina's face. 

"I-I don't have a "favorite place" or stuff like that." The older woman answered, quoting her favorite place to emphasize her point. 

"We'll come to mine! I know this good restaurant by the theater. I think you'll like it!" Winter said excitedly. Her hands clasped together as she smiled. 

"You're telling me that after leaving your house, we would eat again? Is that right?" Karina asked. Her forehead is creased. Winter chuckled and tap her fingers on the table. She shrugged.

"You're so thin, Karina. And being your new friend, my goal is to make you eat." She said while smirking. Karina's mouth opened in shock. No one told her she was thin.

"I do eat!" Winter looked at her with a raised brow. 

"I swear! I eat when I have the time." Karina does not know why she is even explaining herself. 

"I won't let you starve as long as I am your friend."

Karina stared at Winter's face. What if the girl in front of her becomes her wife? Will she let her starve?