New Beginnings

It wasn't meant to be..

SPLOOSH

Once again, Lee Gikwang is splashed by yet another ice cold water balloon. It was a cold morning to start off with but this person was used to it. 

Gikwang's POV

I shivered. In those amount of seconds, I recieved quite a few goosebumps on my arms and down my spine. I gazed up but recieved another one. My bangs covered my eyes making it unable to see. I did a little hair flip but then I took a step forward with that, slipping on a bunch of marbles. My books and binders shot out of my grip, sending to fly somewhere behind me while I fell right on my . Why does this always happen to me? I wasn't a bad person, was I? I shook my head and picked myself up. I could hear loud snickerings up top. Then, a bunch of girly giggles from right in front of me. I hung my head low. This isn't the first time but it still hurt everytime it happened. I searched for my books and glasses. In a matter of seconds, I caught sight of it, it was right behind our school's garden. Just as I was bending down to retrieve my things. I got a boot to the and fell face first into the dirt. I  didn't bother to respond to this cruel act. It will KEEP happening to me, I just know it. It won't stop. I yanked myself up and picked up my books and 'tidied' myself up. I placed my, now crooked glasses, on my face and adjusted into place. I looked around me and thought 'This campus was big but why does it feel like...I'm the only one feeling miserable everyday' I sniffed and proceeded with my day. I felt like zooming through the day, get it done and over with. But then I remember I have to study here everyday. I walked to class and already imagining what would happen to me before it happened. I checked my arms, I got bruises from the last time they treated me. The wind didn't help me feel any better. It blew a cold and harsh one. I felt my teeth chatter and my lips quiver. Life really . It's bull, an unfair piece of bull. I hated everyone in this world, anyone who I've met eyes with. I know they are all against me anyways. Why can't I just die already? I entered my classroom, with a heavy burden on my shoulders. I already heard laughter even with a just a foot in, from the doorframe. The teacher eyed me carefully from head to toe. 

"Yah Lee Gikwang, this has been the 8th time this week you've been late! What's happening? Why are you soaking wet?" He questioned me while placing his hand on my shoulder

I shurgged his hand off and avoided eye contact with him. "Don't touch me" I told him off and headed towards my seat. That depressing neglected seat at the corner of the class. The teacher ignored me and continued to teach. I sat down eyeing the window from outside. I rested head on my arms and paid no attention to class today.

I got home feeling relieved that I've gotten through the day once again. I glanced to see my little brother playing in front of the TV. I slightly smiled. Then I headed upstairs to change my clothes into a white wifebeater and shorts. I took a towel from my drawer and dried my hair. I sneezed due to the fact that I walked home wet with the cold wind still against me. Even mother nature doesn't want me to feel better. I hopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling with my hand supporting the back of my neck. Then I sat up and ran to the bathroom. I wiped the moist in the mirror and took a good long look at myself. I knew I was wimpy, nerdy, a coward. I fixed my glasses then looked back at myself. I took them off, feeling no difference at all. My teeth clenched as I threw my glasses at the sink, breaking the top righthand corner of my glasses. I placed both hands on the corners of the counter. I couldn't help but cry. Tears kept escaping my eyes. 'Don't cry you ' I don't understand at all, why do I feel like I never belonged in the first place? I was always the odd one out. I slid down the counter and locked the door. I hugged my knees tight and sobbed quietly to myself. 

Apparently, I cried myself to sleep. The bathroom lights were still on but the sky outside the bathroom window was pitch black. I awoke due to the sound of the doorbell. I unlocked the door and headed downstairs. I saw my little brother asleep on the couch, with the TV still on. I quickly ran in to to turn it off then opened the door. I unhitched all the locks and then to my surprise stood a quite bad type man. Is he here to hurt me, too? My eyes settled on him, eyeing him from head to toe. 

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, about to close the door on him

"I'm here for the job. Baby-sitting job" he replied

'Babysitting?' I thought. He looked like he was about to go kill someone/something. How could he learn how to babysit? I laughed to myself in annoyance. 

"We don't need a babysitter here- If you are here to hurt me or whatever, just do it" I told him, letting the door wide open

Instead of doing what I thought he'd do, he just walked right past me and entered my house. This guy really has some guts. I grabbed a hold of his arm and spun him around to face me. Too bad, I couldn't even hold onto his arm. He shurgged it right off. My hand just slipped off him. He turned himself around instead. 

"Ehe, you think you can pull me back with that?" He told me, folding his arms across his chest and observing my body up and down

I felt somewhat violated by this creep. I shielded myself to feel 'covered'. He chuckled again. My eyebrows came together and my fists formed. I was about to give him one cold hard blow but he stopped it before I even brought my hand up. 

"I'm not here to fight you, mr skin and bones" He pushed my fist away and turned around to inspect the house. 

I rubbed my knuckles softly. He had quite a good grip on my hand. It hurt like hell, as if he clenched it and broke a few joints. I watched him go into the living room and 'look' at my brother. Then he came out to talk to me. My foot was grounded. I had my fists ready just incase. 

"That must Lee Haekyung" he smiled and leaned against the doorframe

Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was my mom. She came in rushing towards that creep. 

"Ahh~ you must be the new babysitter!" She exclaimed shaking his hand

"Neh, neh" the creep replied

"Thank you so much for watching over Haekyung. I would do it myself, but I've got work and my husband is abroad and Gikwang here has school"

My eyes looked at him and he looked right back and smiled at me. I looked away in disgust. Why the was he smiling at me?

"You start work tomorrow, thank mr?"

"Call me Junhyung..Ah~ Yong Junhyung. I'll be glad to work here."

He flashed me a wink and left for the door.

WAIT WHAT?!

END.

main image credit; gikwang's photo websites
story and picture edit; xen chang