#part-3 Strange

Memories.

"Chaeyoung bring file on row 2B-5 to my office, also don't forget the coffee on your way here." Rosé recognise the voice so well, almost like the back of her hand. She looked down on her wrist, the black stone wraps beautifully around her. Rosé then rose from her chair and proceed to grab the file on her way. 

 

The smell of cigars hits her nostrill as soon as she stepped into the man's office, instinctually she holds her breath for a few seconds. She sets down the file and coffee right in front of him carefully. "Wall's Street Suite?" he asked, blowing another smoke in her presence as he eyed the bold name printed on the file.

 

"Settled. Wasn't a major problem in the first place." she stated in hoarse voice.

 

He hummed, not particularly interested "Kim ?" he asked again. 

 

"Stated so." 

 

He paused, eyes daggered looking at Rosé intensely before continuing "Next time just let Teisha handle their case." he ordered, hands then reaching forward to grab the file and flips through it and the room was filled with heavy silence.

 

Rosé watch as he scanned the information before him with dead eyes as he talks "Have you met them?" it was out of the context.

 

Rosé sighed, looked down briefly before answering "One of the partner came the other week." 

 

The man nodded his head in acknowledgement, "Wonderful bracelet" he commented while pointing at Rose's left wrist.

 

"It's a gift." Rosé find it awkward, especially when explaining little details.

 

The man clears his throat, dismissing the awkwardness to another topic "What about the other business partner?" he asked and Jisoo's face flashed in her head for a second. "Seen her face based on the profile you've made." she answered curtly. 

 

The man's lip was pulled into thin line, his voice strained but clear when he says "You know the rules." with that he dismissed Rose with a wave of hand. 

 

After seeing Rose's figure leaves his office, the man waited for a good ten minutes before pulling out a burner phone in one of his drawers and stared at it for a moment. He up a long drag of smoke into his lungs, holding it as long as he contemplates over the matter.

 

...

[ Level 8, IT Headquarters & COO's Office ]

Ms. Rebecca, 32 years old ginger haired woman who's office a few meters adjacent from the COO's filled with the smell of chrysanthemum and expensive Dior. Immersed with the sudden work load distracted her from the presence in her room. 

 

"Rebecca." 

 

The former jolted in surprise, "Ms. Park." she's fumbling through the mess on the table to free up space as the latter placed a freshly printed paper on the table in front of her.

 

"Do notify Mr. Brooke to double check whether they've wired in the money and once it's settled the IT department under Mr. Kumar will take over the course" 

 

"Yes, ma'am." she answered to the retreating figure of Rosé.

 

Unexpectedly Rosé stopped on her doorstep, turning around slightly "Keep up the good work, your lunch hour would end soon by the way so don't miss it." and walked right into her own office calmly.

 

Rebecca heats up in her seat, hearts racing at her words. Spectators outside their office sigh and shakes their head at the scene. 

 

"Ms. Rosy-Posy strikes again" remarked one of the spectators earning a few hearty chuckles around.

 

"At this point we'll be kneeling on the floor kissing her feet asking for forgiveness when we ed up." another guy added cheekily.

 

It is no secret that Ms. Rosé Park sparks love and attracts both men and women around her like a fresh blooming flower. Rightfully so, with her hour glass figure, plump looking bottom and not to forget what a sweetheart she is. A clean record, as expected from a 'Park'. 

 

Some might take it as a privilege to have her treated them with such friendliness, Rosé is well aware of this. She is nothing but a figment of imitation for them. Only selected few knew she was shadowing them, simply to mirror their gestures towards her... although, there's a few exceptions. Her supportive sister, Alice and their pet dog name Hank, her best friend and... surprisingly Jennie Kim.

 

Rosé breathe out a sighed, wondering where did she go wrong. How her stoic side could've shown so- freely. Her mind was occupied then with a picture of annoying cute gummy smile and the sound of snappy response from the shorter woman. 

 

Rosé maneuvers around her chair, fingers absentmindedly tracing over the black stone bracelet. Her eyes then sets on her phone on her desk, she paused the swaying of her chair and picked it up. 

 

"Rosé?" before she knows it, the person on the other line answers her call on the second ring. 

 

Just like that, her head went blank. Words weren't forming at the tip of . 

 

"Hello?" the voice called out, after a brief of silence the other line offers a cute chuckles, "You've forgotten what you wanted to say haven't you?" there's a hint of teasing there, Rosé is sure. 

 

Rosé was washed with the feeling of regret and annoyance, scrunch up her face in disgust, "I was going to ask you out for dinner but nevermind-"

 

​​​​​"-Letsgo then." replied the other end hurriedly, "What I mean is," an intake of breath, "Let's go and have dinner tonight." came the reply much more clearly this time.

 

"I'll pick you up at 8."

 

"Yea- No. No, I have an accounting matter with Jisoo still that time."

 

"Okay. 8.30."

 

"Can't do, 9.30."

 

"8.45."

 

"No, 9.45."

 

"8.50."

 

"What- no! 9.50."

 

"9.30 then."

 

"No- yes. Huh?!"

 

A smile painted over Rose's face, "9.30 Jennie Kim. Don't make me wait." Rosé hung up on the call without letting Jennie respond, while her hand massaging over her stiff jaw due to holding back a huge grin. Weird.

 

How weird that is indeed.

 

​​​​​She then pulled back her sleeve, looking at her wrist clock stating only at 1 o'clock in the evening before turning on her computer again. She's fired up, her codes never run so smoothly especially when it comes to database. StrangeWhat change?

 

While Rosé is pondering over her own actions, unbeknownst to her, Ms. Jennie Kim is working her staff double time with sudden surge of motivation pumping in her veins.

#TBC