#part-1 Red Box

Memories.

Red Box.

It was busy on the road that day, not to mention there's heat steaming out of tarred highway causing an annoyingly painful headache throbbing. The light-haired grimace at the sight of ambitious man who had his window down to catcall her. It wasn't the first time and it surely wasn't going to be the last one either. Seeing the light turns green, she roared her engine, sending butterflies all over her body before she rode away from the creepy stranger.

 

Her ride was smooth, pretty satisfactory due to less potholes and bumpy roads. She took off her helmet, letting her pink locks cascade down her back perfectly. As usual, her secretary had draft out her meetings and events for the day that requires her presence. The light-haired woman strutted into the lobby, smiling warmly to her receptionists and a few others on her way to the elevator. 

 

"Ms. Park. I have a package for you."  her staff claimed making her stop on her way. He was holding a red box, decorated with a cute ribbon and his infamous stoic face. 

 

"And who's it from, Jonathan?" the woman questioned as she faces him directly.

 

Jonathan handed the box carefully into the woman's hand, "One of your emptors I believe, Ms. Park." his stoic expression broke into a cheeky smile, "Came here personally to deliver it to you."

 

The light-haired woman snickered, "I didn't know delivering 'personally' actually involves a third party." Jonathan shakes his head at her remark and watches her walks back into the elevator. 

 

Upon arriving her office, she sat aside the box on the console table in the corner of her room. She didn't spare a second glance at it, even though she did noticed there's a note that sticks on top of it. The red box was remained untouched, nor paid another mind and left to dust itself. 

 

The soft pitter patter of rain hitting on the glass window appears to be background noise as the light-haired woman occupied herself dealing with messed up binary language on her screen. By the time, her brows knitted and her glasses sat perfectly on her face, the clacking sound of her keyboards are getting more aggressive.

 

"-for s sake. what?!"  the knocked on her door stopped and came in her beeping intercom, irritating her even more. 

 

The light-haired woman looked up when she felt a gaze on her, and indeed, there is woman dresses in blue suit staring down on her. The latter raises her brow rather rudely, "Any meetings shall be booked-"

 

"-booked a good whole month before; yada yada" the black haired woman interrupted, fueling the light-haired woman annoyance even more.

 

Staring at eachother in silence, the black haired woman walked into the room with confidence but before she could say anything the intercom chimed again. 

 

"Good..." she glanced at her computer, ".. evening, COO of Cyberspace Trionyx, Rosé speaking." she then eyed as the black haired woman made her way around the office, "...not a problem, I can have it arrange for the next fair along with current scan data as you have discussed with our marketing deputy..." 

 

Rose's focus was completely consumed by the other clients on the line as she continued to type away. She heard shuffling around her but was too preoccupied with her stuff in hand. The annoying disturbance didn't stop until a loud thud made Rosé turns to the trouble maker. 

 

The feline eyed woman grimace at Rose's frowning face, basically mocking her. "It wasn't a big brainer you weren't expecting me then." the feline eyed spat, raising a dusty red box in hand.

 

"If you haven't heard of it," Rosé place down her intercom, and faces the woman fully  "you make an appointment through my secretary, Mr. Chen. You can find him on level 5 which is the administration level where he would arrange a proper time for us to meet." Rosé explained professionally.

 

"I get it." The feline eyed woman sighed then sat up straight in front of her with a bland experience, "No, I really do." seeing the disbelief face Rosé put on. The latter then flip the note on her face. "Might as well check your timetable..." glancing down on her table "Ms. Park Chaeyoung." 

 

Rosé sighed, grabbed her phone and flipped through her schedule one by one. She supposed to meet equivalent of 8 client after her lunch break. "May I have your last name and your company please," 

 

"Kim, Wall Street Suite" 

 

"By this time it seems like Kim the impossible..." muttered Rosé, causing the feline eyed woman's lip tuck into a small smile. 

 

"Kim, Aleesya."

 

"No."

 

"Kim, Lyea"

 

"No-pe" 

 

"Kim, Tasya"

 

"Is there Wall Street Suite?"

 

"No..."

 

"There's your answer"

 

Rosé rolled her eyes "Kim Kardashian."

 

"What? No! My is natural." 

 

"Kim, Jisoo"

 

"ing finally-"

 

"So Jisoo-" 

 

"No- Listen. Listen." she said, shielding a giggle at Rosé who's going to flip her table. "Jisoo is my partner and I'm just filling in for her." 

 

"Jesus Christ." Rosé sighed. "This is not fifty shades of grey, what are we looking at, what's your motive coming here?" 

 

The woman in front of her cackle,"Certainly not, at least Mr. Grey was charmed by Anaesthesia."

 

"Why don't you try falling into my office, I'd consider." 

 

Suprised by her comeback, the woman stare at Rosé with crossed arms then leaned forward to intimidate her. "Thankfully I'm not a sadist." she said with a wink. 

 

A soft knocked on the door tear their gaze away from one another. "My apologies Ms. Park, you weren't answering the intercom and this is quite important." 

 

Rosé leaned back to her chair and straighten herself up as the woman continue. "Mr. Dunhill demanded that the data department pushes out figures by the end of the month and send it to our account department." she explained, handling a piece of paper to Rosé.

 

"Will do. Also, book me a meeting with him after he came back from his trip in Italy. Preferably in the morning, not later than noon, please."

 

 

"Yes ma'am." the woman bowed respectfully to both before taking her leave.

 

"That's Rebecca, my personal assistant." Rosé explained to which the woman in front of her nodded in recognition.

 

The woman then pushed the dusty red box to Rosé, along with the note. Rosé grabs the note and silently read it. Nodding her head, she places down the note. "My apologies Ms. Kim. I was being careless." 

 

"Jennie." The black haired woman offers her hand.

 

"Rosé." shaking their hand professionally. "You have soft hands Jennie." 

 

Jennie snickered. "Guilty?" she asked, genuinely curious though. 

 

Rosé grimaced. "A little." she replied, softly this time.

 

Both fell in silence but break it with a snorting laughter. "Yeah right." Jennie mocked. 

 

Rosé shakes her head then stares at Jennie, taking her image in for the first time. "You're actually pretty..." she compliment, earning a confident flip of hair from the latter, "pretty annoying." Rosé finished, erupting giggles from both sides. 

 

Rosé stood up, clearing her table and stand by Jennie's side afterwards. "Come get dinner, my treat." she said with a hand out for Jennie to take. 

 

Jennie took it, standing up and lace her arms around Rose's arms. "What bout the box?" Jennie asked.

 

"What's inside?" 

 

"I brought it for you. Check it yourself." 

 

"Exactly. You brought it, don't tell me you don't know either." Rosé said with her brow raised in teasing manner.

 

Jennie shrugs, "I still know you'd like it tho." to which Rosé reluctantly unboxed the package. Jennie watches tentatively, earning a stinky eye from Rosé.

 

"What" Jennie said. "I'm just curious of your reaction" she reasoned but excitedly peek into the box when Rosé is not looking. 

 

Unfortunately Rosé covered it up before Jennie could see anything but the colour white. "It's pretty, thank you. Now, shall we?" 

 

The place was designed with a touch of vintage, instrumental playing in the background and classy champagne on their table. 

 

"Everything smells expensive here" Jennie commented, "Even the petals are made of real roses" she pointed out.

 

"Wasn't that good?"

 

"It was." Jennie trailed mindlessly, "I'm over it though. The fancy restaurants, expensive gifts, horsebackriding... I love it, but" she chuckled, shaking her head "You'll understand." 

 

Rosé hums, taking a sip of her wine. She could relate, it used to be her favourite wine she's drinking but now, she doesn't know if it's just a habit or because she does like the taste of her wine.

 

"You said there's a malfunction in our program?" Rosé asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

 

Jennie nodded, fishing out her phone and showed Rosé the problem. "We found out that half of our data was missing and therefore the transaction was erased from the system."

 

"That wasn't a big problem, I can track back and upload the datas into your clouds." Rosé explained.

 

"That might be true, however these data couldn't be wiped so cleanly without the human hands." Jennie thanked their server as he sets the food on the table.

 

"You suspected an act of treachery?" 

 

"Most probably so. How long does it going to take?" 

 

Rosé shrugged, "A few hours at the most." the rest of the evening was them getting to know one another, professionally.

 

The silver porche park right outside Jennie's house, it was huge. Definitely someone who's got some cash in Rosé's opinion. Not to mention very humble amount of statue in her front porch.

 

"I'll get it done as soon as possible," Rosé leans in and kisses Jennie's cheek as farewell, "Have a good rest for now." 

 

"Appreciate the food and ride." Jennie offers a small smile before going into her humongous house.