Finding Myself

Just the Two of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JI HYO’S P.O.V:

                    Today is the day that I decided to leave our marital house to think about everything that happened, and why I just started to see things clearly after so many years. That my lawful husband who promised me everything before will never go back to our family ever again. I decided to leave the divorce papers in his care and I hope he sends them to my lawyer as soon as possible. It’s not that I hate him so much, I finish the forgiving him stage already. Yes, I already forgave him, but the trust that he earned so hard when he was courting me before, vanished at the speed of light. Especially when I see his, sorry for the language, barging into his office, that makes everything clear to me more. Even though he told me last night that he’s not seeing her anymore, I still can’t stop thinking about how can she enter the property that easily if they’re not acquainted after that sinful night, right?

                 

                        It was quite hard for me at first- leaving the house, but I eventually stepped outside of it and felt a breath of fresh air enter my lungs after a very long time. It feels like, the leash that’s been holding me back from everything was cut and it’s a very good feeling. It’s a good feeling actually, but the thought of him haunts me every time my mind went off flying everywhere. His sweet smile. His sweet, manly, gentle, and calming voice that lulls me to sleep way long before that sinful night, his tanned skin that matched my smooth and fair ones, how his bulging muscles embraced me and Min Hee as we cuddled in the sofa while watching horror movies that he likes. His taste in food, the way he likes his chicken more to the point that it makes him sick already, but he still doesn’t wanna miss it even if I nag him every night and day. The sweet and passionate kisses we shared at every corner of our house and the way he treats me like a fragile object while we make love. I miss everything. But this is not the time to think about that, I already made up my mind, and there’s no turning back, all of the sacrifices that I had done will be thrown away if I don’t get myself together.

                 

                     So to clear up my mind, I went to Han River for a morning jog and went for a couple of laps to free my mind, before going back to my mother’s house. When I entered my car, my mother called asking me why I’m still not home. Well, thanks to that call I won’t be thinking of anything else. As we talk, I remember that we still have a flight to catch and it was not convenient for me if I’ll stay outside longer. When the call ended, I drove back home as I pick up some delicacies that mother and Min Hee like and are a great accompaniment with coffee. When we were about to finish setting up the table, I saw Min Hee go down the stairs and I immediately kissed her good morning. When I heard her giggles, the problems that have been weighing me down since last night flew away and I felt so happy at this moment. And I started to question myself, is this what you called happiness? As far as I can remember, Jong Kook oppa gave me the happiness that I deserve. But when he did that mistake, my feelings started to get rammed and I don’t know anymore. I just smile, because I needed our daughter to feel that we love her very much. I don’t want her to feel neglected because of our problems, she’s an angel who doesn’t even know a single thing about this and I don’t want her to feel bad because this hitch happened. And I almost cry when she cupped my face and said that I don’t have to be sad anymore because she’ll make sure that no one’s gonna hurt me as long as we’re together. And I’m so thankful that I became her mother and she became my daughter, and I’ll continue to cherish her as long as I’m alive.

 

                      When the clock strikes 12, we headed to the airport and of course, took our flight to Jeju. I decided to move there because it’s my favorite runaway destination when everything is heading south. If I just stayed here a few nights before because of stress, well this time, it could be forever. I bought a house, and I also had a shop that I bought about a year and a half ago. I used all of my savings to build everything that we needed there just in case this happen or if I needed time for myself and thank goodness, everything is great so far. Eun Hye, my high school best friend who also decided to reside on the said island, is the one who’s managing my shop with my employees Hye Min and Hong Da who I then got close with when they started working for me. When we were in the middle of the flight, Min Hee suddenly told me that, I don’t have to hide my sadness from her anymore. That if I felt like crying, I should let myself cry and she’ll always give me a shoulder to lean on every time. What shocked me the most is when she told me that she knew about Jong Kook’s affair.

          “ Momma, you know that you don’t have to hide your sadness from me anymore. I know that Dada doesn’t love us anymore. I saw that ahjumma in his office, even though you hide it from me, I was still able to see from his eyes every time he looks at me. And I don’t like it when he always makes you cry. He doesn’t even wanna play with me anymore. So if you’re sad about it momma, you don’t have to hide, I’ll be always by your side no matter what. You can cry on my shoulders too, like what those women on TV do when they’re crying in front of someone.” Min Hee said while tapping her shoulders and a toothy smile appeared on her face after saying the things that she wants to say.

 

                         See? Even a kid can see it. The way he changed a lot, but enough talking about him. Let’s focus on finding myself. When we landed in Jeju, Min Hee was in awe and she can’t help but ask so many things while we were on our way to our new house. She’s so excited and it makes me happy too at the same time. As I drove through the streets of Jeju, I can’t help but think of the future. I’m happy at this very moment, ‘cause finally, I don’t have to deal with everything unhealthy. And yes, it pertains to our relationship. Now that I’m finally free, I’d be able to focus more on Min Hee and I don’t have to think about my worth anymore. Because he made me think that I’m not worth it and that we’re not that important to him when he decided to around the city and I’m so disappointed with him. Every night I think that maybe I’m not a very good wife all along that’s why he never tells me everything about his problems anymore, well part of me understood him, that maybe he needs space to clear his mind, but as time goes by, it already felt different. While I was drowning in my pool of thoughts, I almost didn’t notice that we were already in front of our new house.

 

                           Min Hee is so happy when we get down the car, she jumped excitedly at the lawn and wondered ‘round the garden of flowers. Seeing her this jolly and hearing her giggles made me happy, and so I joined her little celebration. The luggage was left behind in the car while we rolled on the lawn and I tickled her everywhere. When my daughter stopped laughing and is looking somewhere, that’s when I realized that I still had a suitcase left by the road, and I saw a man and an old lady coming towards us with a smile. Perhaps that man is the old lady’s child? We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter