Too close yet Too far

Just the Two of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day of sadness greeted Ji Hyo. She woke up again on an empty bed beside her. Jong Kook must’ve gone to the office as soon as the sun peeks through the horizon. Ji Hyo understood Jong Kook’s punctuality, but who on Earth would go to the office at 5 in the morning? Heck, even the cats and dogs outside are still asleep, but he chooses to go to the office so early without even greeting his wife.

 

They’re married for almost 12 years already, their one and only child Min Hee was born 2 years after their marriage and a decade in their relationship was bliss. But she noticed little by little that he’s not being the normal husband he is. He slowly changed and Ji Hyo didn’t know why, she tried asking him if something was wrong and if there was really something, they should talk things out. But he’ll just say ‘all is well or sometimes it’ll lead to misunderstandings saying that she’s being so nosy with everything he does.

 

Well, she has the right to know because she’s his wife right? The one whom he married, shares problems with (or in their current arrangement should share problems too), and most of all, loves unconditionally. But what can she do if he’s being so passive with everything? When he himself is not doing any efforts anymore when they’re having a fight.

 Unlike before, he’s the one who’ll approach her, coo to her when she’s mad at him and they’ll be fine again after they talk things out. But right now, she’s already tired. Tired of being the patient one, of being so kind, tired of being neglected and being the one who will try to fix the problems, that she’s supposed to be fixing with him.

 

Today, after fixing their bed, cleaning the house, and eating breakfast with their daughter, she went outside by the pool and sat on the hammock under a parasol. She was cradling Min Hee while reading her daughter’s favorite book. Since the weather today is sunny, she thought of bringing their favorite book with her and slowly swinging the hammock while reading it. The morning breeze caressed her milky smooth skin, and little rays of the sun shone through their skin. She brought her tea with her, sipping it from time to time, and Min Hee’s glass of milk while reading the book aloud.

 

She knows she’s tired of being the one trying so hard to maintain their marriage, but there are also times when she’s being a softy and giving up her pride, thinking that he might still see the efforts that she’s doing for him.  Today, though was one of them.

Min Hee persuaded Ji Hyo to visit Jong Kook’s office because according to her, she misses her dada already. After reading a chapter or two of her favorite book, she went straight to the kitchen to cook some food for lunch and settled Min Hee by the countertop. Even though Min Hee asked her for the visit, she still have this little excitement inside her with the surprise of Jong kook in his office. So she cooked his favorite dish buddaejiggae and his protein shake which she mastered blending already as time goes by.

 Min Hee helped her prepare the food, but before she bathed with sweat, Ji Hyo asked her to stay in the living room and play. After changing into much decent clothes (she and Min Hee) she picked her car key up, turned to the kitchen to get the lunch that she prepared for him, and walked with Min Hee side by side towards their garage.

You must’ve been wondering why she’s not that busy. Well, today, she doesn’t have much thing to do except nurse their daughter (you might think why she’s not attending school, well that’s because their classes will only start next week) after she finished doing the household chores. She doesn’t have to work because Jong Kook told her not to even if she’s too eager to do it, but she thought about Min Hee. She doesn’t want Min Hee to feel like her parents don’t love her, so she’s the one teaching her everything while they’re at home. So today, as per Min Hee’s request, she decided to visit her husband with their daughter at his office to make him happy at least.

She drove slow enough to make sure they were safe, especially Min Hee’s with her. When they reached the basement parking the guard let them in of course and parked her car in the exclusive area. When they went in, she greeted the employees with her bright smile, and they were in awe when they see Min Hee. It’s Min Hee’s first time in his office by the way and she became curious about everything.

“ Momma.” She started

“ Yes, baby?” Ji Hyo replied in a sweet voice, knowing that her daughter is scared and at the same time curious about the new surroundings, she spoke sweetly and held her hand tighter to assure her that everything was fine.

“ The people around are weird. They keep on lowering their heads when they see us. Why is that?” The ever-curious baby she was innocently asked her mother.

“ It’s because dada is their boss. You know what boss is right?” Ji Hyo asked her slowly and softly.

“ Yup, he leads the people that work around him. He asked them to do things for him when he was also busy doing something. You told that to me before momma.” Min Hee answered and smiled widely when she saw her momma’s proud smile with her answer.

“ That’s right, you’re really smart like momma and  dada.” Ji Hyo patted her head and they went straight to the elevator that leads to Jong Kook’s office.

Before they enter the office she asked Jong Kook’s secretary, Cheon Jae In if Min Hee’s father is inside. His secretary then told her that Jong Kook was in an emergency meeting and will be back at 1. Then she let the mother and daughter wait inside his office after offering some refreshments. They set up the table and they patiently waited for Jong Kook while Ji Hyo listens to Min Hee’s continuous rambling about the cartoon that she just watched a while ago.

“So what did Masha do when the door towards the other era closed?” Ji Hyo asked her.

“ She taught the bear of that era about the things that the future creatures can do.” She answered giddily.

“ Like what?”

“ cooking, eating, biking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter