CHEATSHEET

THE GIRLS IN POP  apply open!  new deadline: january 29th
 
 

cheatsheet

ready to pop?

 

Pop Girls Overview -

 

Pop Girls debut in March 2022, the first of all the upcoming Hybe girl groups. Their concept is something unique that Big Hit Music says is an "experiment in the future of k-pop groups", though many netizens claim that the concept was practically stolen from NCT and Loona.

 

Pop Girls will have one main group and sub groups (listed in the Units and Members page). The sub groups will work rotationally - members can come and go depending on the comeback. Pop Girls debut with (probably) 9 members, but Big Hit promises that there is potential for more members to join in the future. Same for the sub groups - while they debut with 3 sub groups, more will be created as Pop Girls continue to grow.

 

The Pop Girls debut consists of 4 diffirent songs - one for each sub unit, and their main group song. I haven't decided on the main song yet, but it will probably be kep1er's Wa Da Da.

 


Basics -

 

First thing first, you can apply up to 2 times. You don't have to follow any plotline if you have a better idea for a character. They are there to serve as guidelines and provide ideas. I might choose more than one app going for the same plotline, and I might not choose to include a plotline in the final lineup at all. The number of final characters and sub-group members will also depend on the apps.

 

I will also mention it again in the idol section, but Big Hit became Hybe and started accepting female trainees again in March 2021. That means that unless your character has trained prior to 2014 where all the female trainees were moved to Source Music, she wouldn't have been a Big Hit music trainee for more than a year. She could, however, have been a trainee under any other Hybe company (Pledis, Source Music, etc). She could have had training experience in a different company as well, or no prior training at all.

 

Hybe is one of biggest k-pop companies there is, so there isn't a lot of restriction when it comes to ethnicities and nationalities, Pop Girls can have a lot of foreigners. Age range is 1998-2007.

 

Face claims for your main character can be idols, actors, and models, as long as they have a lot of high quality photos. You can even use face claims from any Hybe girl group - I will just mention in the story that they look very similar.

 

You can use older face claims for younger characters if they can pass for this age or if there are a lot of photos of the face claim when she was around the age of your character (though for idols I will ask you to stick to idols who debuted after 2014-2015 as the quality of photos decreases before then. If you have a face claim that you really want to use that debuted before 2014, DM me and we can talk).

 

Appearance and style can be very short, especially if there aren't any differences between the face claim and your character.

 

Personality and Background -

 

Please list at least 5 personality traits, have at least 2 paragraphs of explanations, and be sure to include both positive and negative traits. Remember that any trait can be seen in a positive/negative light! I like a variety of different personalities, so don't be afraid to make your character with a unique personality. We need a lot of different girls to make things interesting.

 

The background isn't as important as the personality, especially if your character has led a pretty regular life prior to becoming a trainee. Just be sure to include any relevant events that happened to her, but you can keep this as brief as you like.

 

For trivia, please give me at least 3 likes, 3 dislikes, and 1 hobby, and 1 habit. I want to write your characters realistically, and that will help me give them details. Other than that, you're free to write as much as you want, I love trivia!

 

Relationships -

 

Only include relationships that are important to your character's daily life. For example, if their parents aren't very important to their story you don't have to write anything detailed about them, just the basic stuff.

I would really like to have a lot of connections between people in Hybe, but also outside of Hybe, in other companies, so that the world can feel more alive and interconnected, so feel free to include people your character already knows AND people you'd want to see her connect with.

 

Idol Details -

 

Leader, visual, face of the group, and members in each sub group will be decided after the final lineup is chosen.

 

Big Hit became Hybe and started accepting female trainees again in March 2021. That means that unless your character has trained prior to 2014 where all the female trainees were moved to Source Music, she wouldn't have been a Big Hit music trainee for more than a year. She could, however, have been a trainee under any other Hybe company (Pledis, Source Music, etc). She could have had training experience in a different company as well, or no prior training at all.

 

The positions listed in the plotlinese page are a vague skill reference more than anything - as there are also sub groups with different members, these positions will change depending on the characters in each unit.

 

Vocal/rap/dance twins are optional. You will have to tell me how your character sings/dances/behaves on stage, so that will be enough for me. If a twin is makes it easier to explain (or if you just want to use a twin without adding a written explanation), go for it. Remember, your character doesn't have to very skilled to shine.

 

(If you want to use a twin for lead rapper, I know that there aren't a lot of official lead rappers so you may use a main rapper, as long as it's not someone like Soyeon or Jennie)

 

Please include your characters' strengths and weaknesses when it comes to being an idol - are they a good singer that struggles with stage presence? Can they dance very well but get shy on variety shows?

 

Any predebut activities go into the training life section (unless it makes more sense for them to go in the background section).

 

Also please include what sub groups your character want like to be in, as well as those she wouldn't.

 

Love Interest -

 

Love interests are completely optional, but we all love fun love stories! Your character can have any uality, and have any love interest. The only rule is that if your character is a minor, don't give them a non-minor love interest unless their love story starts when they are both reach adulthood.

 

You can use idols, actors, models, etc, and you can also create original characters. Go wild!

 

 

If you go for an existing person, make up their personality as you like - don't worry about keeping it realistic, as they will be basically treated as made up characters (as will all of the idols/characters in Pop Girls).

 

Last Words -

 

I like many, many groups, so I don't have very specific brownie points face claims. Don't worry about using a face claim that I'll like, I like them all. However, if you don't have any idea for a face claim and want suggestions, you can start with this list: kep1er, iz*one, aespa, itzy, nmixx, everglow, ioi, purple kiss, (g)i-dle, stayc, loona, wjsn, weki meki, oh my girl, red velvet, blackpink, twice, clc, momoland.



 

I would really like to have a variety of personalities for the story, so don't be afraid to go for any idea that you have - someone who is a total naive sunshine, someone who seems at first cold and off-putting, you get the gist.

 

Also, connections/relationships between people, and mentions of people in the industry you'd want them to get to know!

 

 

Any scene suggestions or discography suggestions (title tracks and b-sides for full group, sub units, collabs, or solos) are very welcome!!

 

Thank you for applying to my appfic. I'm very excited to start writing this! If you have any questions comment or DM me.