[F] Queen of my Heart 2.0

Redemancy

The King walked out when she proposed the idea. Karina never felt so humiliated and defeated in her whole life. 

"Karina! Sorry, kaaalis lang ni Jaemin e." Nakangiting sabi ni Winter. 

The taller girl nodded her head and smiled. It didn't reach her eyes. Just like how she cannot reach the girl of her dreams. Just like how her best friend is so out of reach. 

"Are you okay? Nagtatampo ka ba? Sorry na, bestie." Nakapout na sabi ni Winter. She put her arms around Karina's arm while looking up at her. 

"Gags, bakit naman ako magtatampo? So, who's Jaemin?" Tanong ni Karina. Naglakad ulit sila papunta sa garden. Doon lang naman ang tambayan nila. Hindi naman pinapayagan na basta na lamang lumabas sa castle si Winter. 

"It's Prince Jaemin for you, Karina. And he'e a fun guy! Akala ko nga kagaya lang siya ng iba na sobrang boring, but he and I are alike." Excited na kwento ni Winter. Umupo ulit sila sa may ilalim ng puno.

Karina hummed. 

"Really? Does that mean he's winning in the marriage race?" Karina joked. She won't lie, it hurts. 

Winter blushed. Karina thought she can't be more hurt, but now, she is. 

"I mean, maybe? I felt comfortable with him, Karina. And if I need to choose right now, I'll choose him, that's for sure." Karina cleared . She can barely breathe. 

"Th-that's good, Win." The older girl hugged thr Crown Princess and sighed. All the pain she was feeling started to get washed away. Her heart started beating properly again. 

"Aren't you happy? Kanina lang binubugaw mo ako sa ex mo ah," tanong ni Winter. Her arms hugging Karina's waist. 

"I am. Pero Winter, can I ask you something?" Bulong ni Karina. She nuzzled her face on the younger's neck. 

"What is it?" 

Karina sighed. 

"Will you marry me?" Tanong ni Karina. Silence enveloped the place. Kumalas sa pagkakayakap si Winter. A small smile is plastered on her face. 

"Who is asking? My best friend or someone who really wants to marry me?" She asked. Hindi nakasagot si Karina. 

Ano ba dapat ang isasagot niya? Paano kung mali ang naibigay niyang sagot? Will that be the end of their friendship?

"Think about it, okay?" Bulong ni Winter. She planted a small kiss on Karina's mole before standing up and walking away. 

Naiwan sa may puno si Karina. 

She wanted to run and follow the Princess, but she wants to ckesr everything first. 

Bakit niya ba gustong pakasalan si Winter? Kung tutuusin ay kahit na maglaho siya ay wala namang makakapansin o mawawalan. Hindi siya kawalan. 
 

It took Karina days before she mustered up thr courage to talk to the King again. Hindi niya rin nakita nang ilaw araw si Winter. 

"What brings you here, Karina?" The King asked.

"I don't know why you left without saying anything after I proposed the idea of marrying the Crown Princess. But I know that I am deserving of her, Your Grace." Karina paused.

"I love Winter. More than she knows, and I have already asked her to marry me." She said. The King smiled. 

"Then why are you here?" He asked while looking at the young woman. Karina bowed her head.

"To ask for your blessing." 

"And what if she refused your proposal? What comes next? Aalis ka ba ng Kwangya?" Tanong ng Hari. 

"No. I would stay by her side." Thr King nodded his head. He gestured towards the door.

"What are you waiting for? Go to her." He mumbled. 

"Thank you, Your Highness!" Agad na tumakbo si Karina palabas. She knows where Winter is. Hindi naman siya best friend lang ni Winter. 

She memorized everything the younger does. Not because she is a creepy stalker, but because she cares. She asked for Winter's permission din naman e.

"BOTH!" Sigaw ni Karina nang makita si Winter.

The younger girl the brush across the canvass and looked at her best friend with wide eyes. She is spending her time with her sweet mother, painting. Imagine the surprise when someone suddenly yelled behind them.

"Karina, why are you yelling?" Tanong ni Winter at tuluyan nang humarap kay Karina. She saw that the girl is sweaty and her breathes are uneven.

"I am asking you to marry me, as myself, and as your best friend. I love you, Winter. I love you so damn much that it hurts hearing you say na you might marry that guy. And as your best friend, I cannot let you marry someone you don't know." Tumigil si Karina para habulin ang hininga niya. 

"It would to see you marry someone who is not me, but if you rather marry Jaemin, then fine. But please give me a chance, Winter." She sughrd before looking hopefully at her best friend. 

Lumapit sakanya si Winter at hinawakan ang mga pisngi niya.

"What took you so long, Karina?" Nakangiting tanong niya. 

"H-ha?" Winter kissed Karina on the lips before smiling widely. 

"I love you too, Rina."