[F] Queen of my Heart

Redemancy

In a land far away, lives Winter, the Crown Princess of Kwangya. 

"You must marry and assume full responsibility for the throne before your father dies, Princess." The Queen said. 

Winter groaned internally. What's with people in the castle and their obsessed behavior of marrying her off? 

"Psst, Winter!" Hinanap agad ni Winter ang boses na tumawag sakanya. She saw Karina smiling childishly at her. 

Nakatago siya sa isa sa mga columns sa loob ng throne room. Winter chuckled and shook her head playfully. 

Karina is her best friend. Unlike her, Karina is not born with a kingdom. She is not born a Princess, she is even barely a noble. 

"Excuse me, Mother. I have to go to my Fencing class." Sabi ni Winter at ngumiti. She bowed her head properly before walking toward the column where her best friend is currently hiding. 

"Let's go," she mumbled and pointed at the door. Karina nodded and started walking. 

They burst out laughing as soon as they got out of the door.

"Maganda ba timing ko?" Karina proudly asked. 

"Never been better, bestie." Sabi ni Winter. Their hands automatically intertwined with each other. 

"So, ano na naman sinasabi sayo ng mama mo?" Tanong ni Karina. Nasa may garden sila ng Kwangya. 

They sat on their usual spot. Sa may ilalim ng malaking puno. 

"Ano pa nga ba? They want me to get married and you know, be the Queen or something." Winter said and groaned. 

Karina snorted.

"Si Ryujin! Tama! Pakasalan mo si Ryujin!" The older girl teased. Ryujin is another Princess from another Kingdom. May crush siya kay Winter kaya naman palagi siyang inaasar ni Karina sa best friend niya.

"It's not that easy, Rina." Umirap si Winter at nag cross arms.

"Eh, si Yeji ba?" The younger girl looked at Karina with disbelief.

"What the ? You want me to marry your ex-girlfriend?!" Karina chuckled, her eyes sparkling with mischief. 

"Why not? She's the daughter of the Prime Minister, tapos mabait pa. Kung gusto ko lang talaga siya, hindi na ako nakipagbreak." Nakangising sabi ni Karina. She hit the jackpot when she went out with Yeji. But she is not evil. She is not an opportunist. Hindi niya kayang gamitin ang genuine feelings ni Yeji para sa karangyaan. She doesn't like Yeji, so she broke up with her.

"Edi go back to her na lang. Parang mas gusto mo pa siya pakasalan e." Winter's forehead creased. Her eyebrows met in the middle.

"Hala. Sabi ko nga ikaw e. Kung ayaw mo sa kanya, what about Minju?" Winter raised a brow.

"That's my sister's jowa, gusto mong agawin ko ang girlfriend ng kapatid ko?" Tanong ni Winter. Karina hugged the shorter girl from behind. She rested her head on the girl's back and sighed.

"I am out of options, Winter. Sino pa ba?" She whispered. She pressed a small kiss on Winter's neck. 

"U-uhm," a palace guard cleared his throat. He looked away as soon as he saw the scene in front of him. 

"What is it?" Winter asked. 

"The King wants to see you, Your Grace." Sabi niya. Winter groaned before standing up. Hinila na rin niya patayo si Karina at bumuntong hininga. 

"Come with me, Rina." Bulong ni Winter. Karina smiled before shaking her head slowly.

"It's only you that the King summoned, Princess. But I would be outside, waiting for you," sabi niya. Winter sighed before marching her way to her father. 

"Balik ka agad, Win." Bulong ni Karina bago makapasok sa loob si Winter.

"Father," bati ni Winter at nagbow sa harapan ng tatay niya. The King looked at her with arrogant eyes. 

"Princess Winter, how nice of you to join us," napataas nang kaunti ang kilay ni Winter. Us? Us who?

"Who's with you?" She asked, her forehead creased.

"This is Prince Jaemin of Kosmo. He wants to court you, my darling." Nakangiting sabi ng hari. Winter looked at him in disbelief. Is her father for real? 

"Pardon?" Winter's hands turned into fists. 

"Please, Winter. Be nice." Her father reprimanded her. 

As the future Queen, she could only do this much. She sighed and nodded her head in dismay. She needs Karina.

"Tour him around the palace. He might be the next King," nakangising sabi ng hari. Winter nodded her head forcefully. 

"This way, Prince Jaemin," sabi niya. The young Prince shook his head, his lips curved upwards.

"Just call me Jaemin or Jaem, Winter. Can I call you Winter?" Tanong ni Jaemin habang nakangiti. 

Lumabas sila sa throne room, at nakita na naghihintay nga si Karina. The latter is kicking the stones by her foot. 

"Winter is fine." Maikling sabi ni Winter. Lumingon agad sakanila si Karina nang marinig ang boses ng best friend niya.

Her smile automatically fades when she sees that Winter is not alone. She hid herself again. What's with her fear of being seen?

She saw that Winter is uncomfortable. She sighed. How could she ever compete with a Prince? She waited until they got out of her sight before pushing herself away from the column.

"Is that you, Karina?" She stopped in her tracks when she heard the King's commanding voice. 

Humarap siya sa Hari. She bowed her head politely and did not bothpolitely and did not bother to look up until the King said

"Do I have to tell you at ease? Come on, Karina, lift your head." The King ordered. 

ina looked the King straight into the eyes. She saw that he was amused. 

"Who is that guy with Winter, Your Grace?" Tanong ni Karina. The King chuckled at her question and boldness.

"Winter? You only call your future ruler by her name?" Karina nodded her head proudly.

"She is my best friend. And we agreed on dropping honorifics, Your Majesty." Sagot ni Karina. The King nodded his head and chuckled.

"That is Prince Jaemin. He might be your future King," Karina hummed. 

"How about hearing my suggestion?" The servants bring out chairs for both of them to sit down. 

"Please," sabi ng hari at ngumiti. 

"Instead of marrying Winter off to a different kingdom, and someone who she does not know or love, how about I marry her?"