Let's Have Some Fun!

The Rest of Our Lives

The guests arrived before the bride and groom at the next venue where the reception was about to take place. As everyone entered the second venue, Minseok and Lucy stayed back until all the guests were in the venue. When they finally entered the building, Minseok suddenly held one of Lucy’s hands in his as the two of them looked at one another.

“Are you ready to have some fun, Mrs. Kim?” Minseok asked. Lucy smiled at him.

“Yes, Mr. Kim. I am definitely ready to have some fun!” Lucy replied. Both of them turned their heads forwards once again and began to walk to the room where their guests were waiting for them. When they entered the room, their guests clapped and cheered for the very happy couple. Lucy leaned over and gave her newlywed husband a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Minseok did the same with one of Lucy’s cheeks, too. He placed his mouth up to one of her ears.

“I am so happy to be your husband.” Minseok whispered to her. Lucy did the same with up to one of Minseok’s ears, too.

“And I am so happy to be your wife.” Lucy whispered back. The bride and groom were also introduced before everyone clapped and cheered for them. The bar was finishing setting up to open as well. But first, the newlywed couple and their friends and family took photos for about 30 minutes. It was nothing but smiles all around. Minseok felt so happy to not only be a married man but married to the woman of his dreams. 

It was Lucy’s idea to incorporate Minseok’s culture into the wedding and it was important to her to show that she loves Minseok for who he is and respects his culture and heritage, too. Even the ceremony had a fantasy/fairy tale theme but with a slight Korean twist to it. Even flowers were ones that are native to South Korea, too. Camellia, Iris and roses, which also includes Hibiscus syriacus, were the main flowers used for the floral designs and decorations for Minseok and Lucy’s wedding. 

Minseok wanted a traditional Korean wedding but they decided that they were going to do that another time. Not because of Lucy (which she is actually all for having a traditional Korean ceremony)’s family and such but, he did not want to change from one outfit to another along with having such limited time on that day to do two ceremonies. Minseok’s family from South Korea truly understood their situation nor were they upset about it. But regardless, Lucy and Minseok will have their traditional Korean wedding ceremony in time. 

After the last of the photos were taken, everyone settled down once again to have dinner. Minseok and Lucy decided to have both Korean and non-Korean dishes at their wedding. Before wanting to do the first dance as husband and wife, Lucy and Minseok were very hungry and so were the rest of the guests so before dancing, they decided to get something in their stomachs so neither of them would get sick and/or light-headed. Minseok cared more about Lucy’s health than the first dance. Lucy cared about Minseok’s health, too. 

They also decided to have a buffet at their reception for the dinner. One side of it being Korean and the other side of it being Non-Korean. There were even flowers that they used that were popular in South Korea. A few of the flowers included Hibiscus, Azalea and even Forsythia were a part of the floral decor of their wedding and ceremony. The only thing that was tough for them was coming up with dinner choices to serve at the reception. It was Minseok’s idea to have a buffet but Lucy also had the idea of making it have both Korean and non-Korean choices.

In the end, it was perfect for both of them. As well as the guests in attendance. A few questioned the idea of doing that (mostly Lucy’s side) but most of them were fine with that idea. People sat at the table with their plates. Lucy and Minseok sat together at a giant, rectangular table. Minseok’s father sat on Minseok’s side and Lucy’s father and mother sat on Lucy’s side of the table. While everyone was eating, Tobias and one of Minseok’s groomsmen decided to make a toast for the couple.

And Tobias was going to go first. He gathered the guests’ attention. Including Minseok and Lucy’s, too. Tobias took a breath before he spoke. 

“Ladies, gentlemen and all and in between. I wanted to say a few words about Minseok and Lucy and have a toast for the amazing couple, too. At first, I was worried about my baby sister dating because Minseok was her very first partner. But a while after they actually began their relationship, I could see that Minseok truly does care and love my sister very much. And I am glad that Lucy has found someone that loves her for who she is. They are truly perfect for each other and I hope that both of them have an amazing and very loving marriage!” Tobias spoke to everyone. 

Tobias then handed the microphone to one of Minseok’s groomsmen, which happened to be Kai. Kai placed the microphone near his mouth before he began to speak to the guests, too. His English was not the best but he was going to try.

“Hello, everyone! I would like to say a few words as well about the happy couple. Minseok has always been such a very sweet and kind person to everyone that he has ever met. When he told me that he was in love with a woman named Lucy, I also was worried because I never met her but Minseok has spoken about her quite a lot. But in the end, I am so glad that they are married and very happy with each other. Lucy is very perfect for Minseok and I hope the two of them have a wonderful marriage together.” Kai spoke to everyone. 

Tobias and Kai lifted up their glasses. Everyone else did as well for the toast.

“To Minseok and Lucy! May the rest of their lives be filled to the brim with nothing but happiness, love and bliss!” Tobias spoke and then he and Kai slightly moved their glasses as a toast to the couple. So did the guests. After Kai and Tobias sat back down on their seats, Minseok and Lucy looked at one another with their glasses in their hands.

“To us.” Minseok whispered to her with a smile on his face as he had his glass towards her. Lucy smiled back as well and held her glasses towards her husband, too.

“To us.” Lucy whispered back. The two of them quietly touch their glasses together for a mini toast between the two of them. Minseok gave Lucy a quick kiss on the lips before the two of them sat up in their seats once again then finished their meals before hitting the dance floor together for their first dance as husband and wife. When Minseok and Lucy were on the dance floor, Baekhyun went over to the booth and asked for a microphone while handing him a CD, too..

Baekhyun is one of the most famous singers and idols in South Korea and wanted to do something special for his best friend and his wife. Minseok and Lucy looked at Baekhyun.

“For one of my gifts to both of you, I wrote a song in honor of your wedding and I hope you both would not mind if I sang it for the both of you as you danced together ...if that is okay.” Baekhyun spoke and suggested while asking for permission, too. Originally, Lucy and Minseok made two lists and gave them to the DJ to use for their first song and the song they had in common from both lists was the one that they were going to dance to. But, for them...this sounded like a much better idea than what they had planned beforehand. 

Minseok and Lucy smiled at him.

“Yes, Baekhyun! Please! We would love that.” Lucy spoke back, accepting his suggestion. Minseok nodded in agreement with his wife. Both of them felt touched that he did this for them when he did not have to do so. Baekhyun nodded back with a smile on his face as well and then the couple looked at one another again as the music started to play through the speakers and Baekhyun began to sing into the microphone. Minseok and Lucy slow-dance with one another on the dance floor while the guests watch them. Both had each other's hands as they danced, too.

Minseok did not take his off of Lucy. Not even for a second. Lucy did the same with Minseok. She did not take her eyes off her husband either as they danced. Right now, it was like life around them stood still. And the only things that felt like they were in motion were the happy, newlywed dancing and Baekhyun singing as they danced. And the song that Baekhyun was singing was also a slow and very romantic ballad. Something that was perfect for a first dance like this.

“You are so beautiful. I love you so much, my dear.” Minseok suddenly and softly spoke up to Lucy. Lucy blushed while she was still smiling.

“You are very handsome and I love you so much, too, darling.” Lucy softly spoke back to him. Before either of them knew it, the song ended and both of them stopped dancing on cue but they only let go of one of each other’s hands. Everyone clapped as the two of them blushed and smiled. As they walked back to their seats, the two of them were still holding hands. A few minutes later, a party started with the guests. It was not wild but still, people were having so much fun dancing and listening to the music being played.

Lucy noticed Kai and Kyungsoo dancing together. Kai and Kyungsoo are a couple who have been dating for a couple of years but have known each other much longer than that. Though...since gay marriage is still very much legal in South Korea, there is a huge chance that they will never be able to get married unless the law changes. But for now, Kai and Kyungsoo were very happy with the way their (very loving) relationship is. Kai is a dancer while Kyungsoo is also a singer from South Korea and the two of them have been in a relationship for the past couple of years.

Seeing them in love put a smile on Lucy’s face. Minseok looked at his wife and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

“That is how I feel about you.” Minseok said to her. Lucy looked at her husband.

“In what way?” Lucy asked.

“Truly happy and very much in love. I never have really felt this way about anyone in such a long time and now, being married to the love of my life, I feel like my life is truly complete. How do you feel about us being married now?” Minseok replied and asked her, wanting to know how she felt about this, too.

“I feel very happy and very much in love, too. I never thought that I would be married, let alone have someone who loves me like you do. But now, being married to my soulmate, I feel like my life is complete as well.” Lucy answered and explained to him. Minseok laid his head on Lucy’s shoulder.

“You are my soulmate, too. And will always be my soulmate until I take my last dying breath.” Minseok told her. Lucy smiled as her heart was feeling all warm and fuzzy.

“Same here, babe. Same here.” Lucy said back then gave Minseok a kiss on the top of the head then held one of his hands in his once again. The two of them also danced as well for a bit before finally everyone settled back down in their seats to have a piece of the wedding cake. The cake has several tiers to make it look like a towar of a castle and also has a dragon going around it as well. There were also two cake toppers with Lucy and Minseok, both trying to fight the dragon in wedding attire on top of the cake.

Also with the cake toppers, Lucy had elf ears on her version of the cake topper (at her request). Minseok’s cake topper was a warrior for his cake topper while Lucy was a mage for hers. There were also gold designs throughout the cake and flowers spread all around it, too. The cake was unique and beautiful at the same time. Luckily, pictures of it were taken before Lucy and Minseok cut into the cake together. Minseok took a fingerful of frosting from his piece of cake and booped Lucy’s nose with it. Lucy has another idea on her mind. Lucy took a small chunk of frosting and rubbed it on Minseok’s face.

Minseok looked at his wife. Lucy was looking at him then gave him a huge smile. Minseok chuckled. So did Lucy. When they stopped, Minseok the icing and frosting that was near his lips where Lucy smashed her hand on his face. If you can’t be a little messy with each other at a wedding when cutting the cake then you are truly having fun cutting it?

After Minseok and Lucy got their pieces, the guests got their pieces of the cake as well. Lucy also gave Minseok a bite from his piece of her cake while Minseok did the same to Lucy with his piece, too. They really did not have a plan with how the wedding was going to go down when it comes to a schedule but regardless of that..the couple and their guests were having so much fun. This was a day that neither of them were going to forget for quite a very long time. Or any of the guests either. 

The reception lasted a couple of more hours before the bride and groom had to head out to go on their honey. Friends and family stood in two lines, creating an aisle. The crowd had bubble guns and shooting bubbles into the air. Both the bride and groom had huge smiles on their faces as they ran holding hands while running through the aisle to get to their car. When Lucy and Minseok were in the car, they looked out of the windows of the car and waved goodbye to their guests!

After a couple of minutes, the car drove off. In the car, Minseok and Lucy sat in the backseat. Minseok looked at his wife.

“I can not believe that we actually did it. We are now husband and wife!” Minseok piped up. Lucy nodded in agreement.

“Yes, we did. I am so happy that I am and to be your wife.” Lucy spoke with a smile on her face. Minseok smiled back as he held her hand in his.

“And I am so happy that I am and to be your husband, darling.” Minseok spoke back to her then placed the back of her hand up to his mouth and gave it a kiss. Lucy did the same with the back of Minseok’s hand after he finished kissing hers. The two of them could not wait to spend the rest of their lives with one another as a married couple. And no matter what comes their way, Minseok and Lucy will always be together. For the rest of their lives.

 

The End