I Do

The Rest of Our Lives

It has been over 24 hours or more since Lucy and Minseok last saw each other. And today, they will see one another again when Lucy walks down the aisle during the ceremony of their wedding. At the moment, the two of them were finishing up getting ready for the ceremony. Lucy was in a room with her brother, mother and the makeup artist while Minseok was also in another room at the venue with his best friends from all over South Korea. 

Last night, both of them had their bachelor and bachelorette parties to celebrate their last nights as being single. Minseok and his friends went to a gaming bar and such while Lucy spent her bachelorette party with her older brother, Tobias. Both of them went to a drag queen show as well as getting her nails done with her brother, too. Both parties had an amazing time but yet...they felt so lonely without one another. 

Now, they were going to see one another again and Lucy could not wait to see her fiance and husband when the ceremony was all over with. Lucy’s makeup artist, who was a friend of her mother’s, just finished putting on the finishing touches on Lucy’s face before Lucy looked into a mirror. Lucy was quite surprised.

“You truly look like a princess, sis. So beautiful!” Tobias said to her. Lucy smiled. Lucy’s hair was down with a bun done up in the back with stars placed in and around the bun. Her dress was also in a princess style with sparkle and shimmer throughout the dress, including the skirt, too. On this day, Lucy truly does feel like a princess. A princess who is about to marry her prince charming.

“Thank you, Tobias.” Lucy said back to him. She gave the mirror back to the artist and then took a deep breath before looking at her mother.

“Are you okay, hun?” Her mother asked Lucy. Lucy nodded.

“Yes, Mom. Though, there is something on my mind.” Lucy replied and spoke.

“And that would be?” Her mother asked. 

“..Is it weird to not have cold feet when it comes to getting married?” Lucy asked. Her mother shook her head.

“I do not think it is weird for that. Not at all.” Her mother replied. Lucy felt better about that.

“That is good to know because I do not feel that I have cold feet at all. I mean, I am a little nervous because I am getting to my soulmate but...because..I just have this weird gut feeling that something could go wrong. Even if I do not want to feel this way about it.” Lucy told her mother and brother. Not to mention that she is the first of her siblings to be getting married. Lucy was also glad that her older sister, Slyvia, was not coming and/or attending her wedding. 

Then, it would be a disaster and everything would be completely ruined for everyone involved. And Lucy did not want that for her and Minseok’s wedding. Plus, Lucy was not nervous about marrying Minseok. She felt truly ready to be a wife. His wife. She just hopes that everything when it comes to the wedding and reception will go smoothly. Tobias placed a hand gently on one of his baby sister’s shoulders. Lucy looked up at him.

“It is okay to feel that way but remember, just be yourself because that is why Minseok loves you. Because of the way you are. Inside and out. And also, have fun. That is the best way to celebrate your day as becoming husband and wife, too!” Tobias told her as well as giving her advice. Lucy smiled. They were definitely going to have some fun with this wedding. It may be a formal event but yet...it was their day. 

Minseok and Lucy wanted to be as unique as possible, too.

“Thanks, Tobias. I am so glad that you are here.” Lucy told him. 

“You are welcome! I would never miss this for the world! Plus, I am your maid of honor and as maid of honor, it is my duty to make sure that I am in attendance and help make sure that you are okay, too.” Tobias said to her. That made her happy. Also, she did not have many friends so having Tobias as her maid of honor was something that was unusual but made her happy at the same time.

“And the same for when you get married, too, brother.” Lucy said back. They still had a little bit of time before her mother and brother had to go get seated for the wedding. 

######

In another room of the venue, Minseok was with his buddies having a get together before having to go out to the ceremony. Minseok’s father was also in attendance at the wedding, along with some of his family from South Korea, too. He also did not have cold feet whatsoever, too. Minseok was ready to settle down and become Lucy’s husband.

“I can not believe that you’re getting married! It just seems so surreal!” Chanyeol exclaimed. Minseok smiled.

“I feel the same way but yet, I am very happy to be getting married, too! Lucy is such an amazing person and I can not wait to be and grow old with her. I love her so much.” Minseok said.

“We are so glad that you found someone that makes you truly happy, hyung.” Sehun spoke.

“Thank you.” Minseok said. Sehun nodded back. Minseok was so excited to be able to see her again. Even being around his friends, Minseok felt a little lonely without her. They were each other’s rays of sunshine. They also made each other feel so complete, too. Minseok looked in a standing mirror in the room and adjusted his tuxedo jacket to make sure that it did not look off or anything on his body. Lucy and Minseok decided on having a fantasy/fairy tale themed wedding.

Minseok’s tuxedo was white with sequins and shimmer on it with a cape on the back of it to complete the prince-like look. He also had some makeup on his face but not too much. That was another thing that he loves about Lucy so much is that she accepts him and never judges him for anything that makes him feel so happy. Yet, Lucy is his happiness. Also, Minseok was hoping that the wedding and ceremony will go smoothly, too.

Several minutes later, Minseok’s friends headed out to get ready for the ceremony and where it was going to take place. The only one that stayed behind was Minseok’s father. He has been watching everything that has been going on since they arrived and have been in the room. Now, he was fully focused on his son.

“You okay there, son?” His father asked. Minseok looked at his father with a smile on his face.

“Yes, father! I am fine. Just thinking about things. And about Lucy. I am really happy that I get to see her again after not being able to for almost two days. I mean, there are going to be days where we will be apart but...I just love being with her and I am about to do so for the rest of my life. It is just so surreal and exciting at the same time! I never thought it would happen but now that it actually is..I am just and feeling very happy right now.” Minseok replied and explained to his father.

His father got up from the chair that he was sitting on then walked and stood in front of his son.

“And I am very happy for you, too. I am truly glad that you found someone that loves you for who you are and accepts you, too. Lucy is an amazing woman and I am truly honored to call her my daughter-in-law when both of you are officially married.” His father told him. Minseok felt so touched by his father’s kind and sweet words to him.

“That means a lot to me, Dad. More than you may ever know.Thank you.” Minseok said. His father smiled.

“You are welcome, son.” His father said back. Minseok nodded. It was time for him to leave the room and head out to wait for Lucy. Minseok and his father walked out of the room together and headed into the main room where friends and family were sitting in rows of chairs. They had at least 50-75 people in attendance at the wedding. Besides Lucy and Minseok, of course.

Minseok stood at the altar with his party. He took a deep breath. Still, he was not nervous about getting married to the love of his life. Heading to the main room, Lucy was walking there with her father beside her. She stood in front of the closed door to the main room, waiting for music to play so she could walk down the aisle with her father. Her father looked at her.

“Are you ready to become a married woman?” Her father asked. Lucy nodded.

I am very ready to become a wife, dad.” Lucy replied. Lucy’s father nodded as well.  A couple of minutes later, music began to play as the doors to the main opened. Everyone looked as Lucy appeared. Minseok also saw her as well. He smiled. 

“There she is. My soon-to-be wife! She looks so beautiful, too! I love her so much with all my heart.” Minseok thought to himself as he kept his eyes on her as she walked down the aisle with her father. Lucy walked down the aisle, feeling excited and happy to finally be able to see his lover again. Lucy was smiling as she walked down the aisle, too. Other people were looking at her, too. She was not used to things like this but all she was focused on right now was getting married to Minseok. 

When Lucy reached the front of the altar, she gave her dad a hug then he went to sit down next to her mother. Lucy handed the bouquet to her brother and then turned to look at Minseok, who had a huge gummy smile on his face. Minseok suddenly started to cry. He was just so happy that he could not contain it any longer. One of his friends handed him a tissue.

“Sorry about this. I am just so happy to be able to finally see Lucy again.” Minseok explained as he wiped the tears off of his face. He looked at her once again, still smiling.

“You also look so beautiful, by the way but you are always so beautiful to me.” Minseok told Lucy. Several awes could be heard throughout the crowd of guests.

“So do you.” Lucy said back to him. Minseok and Lucy held each others’ hands as the ceremony was about to begin. The ordained minister waited a few seconds before starting. 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this beautiful day to witness the union of and in holy matrimony. This is a day of great celebration and reverence, on which we come together before God to recognize and commemorate the sacred love and dedication shared between these two people. It is wonderful to have family and friends here to join us today. The Groom and Bride would like to thank their guests for being here, and would like you to know that each of you were invited here on this day because you have played an integral part in their intertwining lives. In the time that they have spent together, they've built the sturdy foundation for a lifelong relationship. After a great deal of thoughtful consideration, they have decided to bind themselves to one another for the rest of their lives. May you all remember and cherish this sacred ceremony, for on this day, with love, we will forever bind together.” The minister spoke to the crowd.

Minseok could not take his eyes off his soon-to-be wife. Not even for a second. And Lucy could not do the same for her soon-to-be husband. Both of their hearts were beating fast inside of their chests.

“Marriage is a sacred ceremony. Today we observe the union of these two people with the respect the occasion warrants. What we honor with reverence, however, we also celebrate with great joy! For married life – a shared life – is a tremendous blessing. Now, as they embark on this journey together, they will be able to nurture a love that makes each of them better versions of themselves. Marriage is, indeed, the perfect garden from which to sow and harvest personal growth. And , learn to work together, to laugh together, and to love together. Don't get caught up in worldly things that will draw you apart. Instead, focus on your shared devotion and turn inward. As your relationship strengthens you will find that you come to share a remarkable love; a love that is both abundantly given and freely accepted. The joy you'll find as you pursue your shared lives will fuel you to face head-on the challenges you'll encounter on this Earth. On your journeys together, keep your spouse in the space of highest priority in your heart. The love you share must be guarded and cherished, it is your most valuable treasure.” The mister also added, speaking to both the guests in attendance and the couple.

When the minister finished what he needed to say, he focused on Lucy and Minseok.

“Under the eyes of God, Minseok Kim, do you take her to be your lawfully wedded Wife? By making this commitment, you are joining in the sacred covenant of marriage. Do you promise to honor her in love, to be sensitive to her needs, to comfort her in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in her, so long as you both shall live?” The minister asked. Minseok did not even hesitate to answer that.

“I do with all my heart.” Minseok replied.

“And under the eyes of God, Lucy Conwell, do you take Minseok Kim to be your lawfully wedded Husband? By making this commitment, you are joining in the covenant of marriage.Do you promise to honor him in love, to be sensitive to his needs, to comfort him in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in him, so long as you both shall live?” The minister asked Lucy the same thing.

“I do. With all my heart, too.” Lucy answered as well, not hesitating to give an answer, too. Minseok just wanted to burst out and do a happy dance but stayed calm. 

“Very well.” The minister spoke. It was time for the engaged to speak their own words to one another.

“The couple may now speak their own vows to one another. Who would like to go first>” The minister asked the couple. Lucy blushed. 

“I can go first...if that would be okay with you, Lucy.” Minseok offered. Lucy nodded, letting him know that she was fine with him going first. Minseok took a breath before he began to speak his vows to Lucy.

“Lucy, the love of my life, my partner, my soulmate, my world . I am so lucky to have you in my life and now that we are going to be married to one another, I feel such joy and happiness. You mean so much to me and I will always be here for you and be your comfort. I never thought that I would be with such an amazing person like you. And I can not wait to spend the rest of my life with the woman who makes me feel like the happiest man in the world. I love you.” Minseok spoke his vows to Lucy. 

Lucy was so touched by his words. Lucy took a breath as well before she spoke her vows, too.

“Minseok, the love of my life and my soulmate. I have never experienced such happiness until you showed up in my life. Never would I have thought that I would have been with such a person who truly loves and accepts me for who I am. I will also be here for you and your comfort, too. For the rest of my life, I am going to be the happiest woman alive. I love you, too, my love.” Lucy spoke to Minseok. Minseok started to tear up once again with tears of happiness in his eyes. Lucy also began to do the same, too.

Some of their guests were also crying a little, too. Including a couple of Minseok’s groomsmen and Lucy’s brother. It was becoming emotional for everyone but that was a good thing. It shows that everyone was truly happy for the couple. The minister continued on with the ceremony after Lucy and Minseok wiped away their tears.

“And now, it is time for the exchange of the wedding rings.” The minister instructed. A little boy on Lucy’s side of the family came walking down the aisle with a pillow in both of his hands that had both the wedding rings placed on top of it. When he stopped in front of the bride and groom both of them took the rings off of the pillow and thanked the little boy. He nodded and went back to where he was sitting before.

“To commemorate this union, you may now exchange rings. The circle formed by each ring symbolizes your eternal love and commitment to one another. Let these rings remind you always of that love, and of the promises you have made here on this day. Will each of you please repeat after me as you place the ring on your loved ones hand?” The minister instructed the groom and bride.

“I, Minseok, give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment. With this ring, I thee wed.” Minseok spoke as he placed the ring on Lucy’s finger. Next, it was Lucy’s turn to put a ring on Minseok’s finger.

“I, Lucy, give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment. With this ring, I thee wed.” Lucy spoke as well while putting her ring on Minseok’s finger. The minister looked at the guests.

“If there is anyone in attendance who has cause to believe that this couple should not be joined in marriage, you may speak now or forever hold your peace.” The minister told them. No one spoke a word nor even made a sound. Everyone who was there was all for and supportive of their marriage, which Lucy and Minseok were truly happy about. Though, it was expected since everyone has been so supportive of them being together since day one. The minister looked at Lucy and Minseok once again before he spoke.

“By the power vested in me, by the Church of Mercy and by the state of Georgia , I pronounce you as Husband and Wife, lawfully wedded before God.” The minister said.  The minister looked at Minseok.

“You may now kiss the bride, forever sealing your union.” The minister instructed Minseok. MInseok could not wait to kiss her. Both of them leaned forward and kissed one another on the lips for a few seconds before pulling away and standing back up.  It was finally done with. Minseok and Lucy are now officially and legally husband and wife. They turned to look at the guests with smiles on their faces as they were holding each others’ hand now.

“Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Kim!” The presenter said to the crowd. The crowd cheered and clapped. Both of them smiled and they began to run happily down the aisle together while still holding hands out of the room. When they were out of the room, Lucy and Minseok looked at each other then Minseok hugged her gently.

“We did it! We are a married couple! I am so happy!” Minseok told her. Lucy hugged him back as well.

“I am so happy as well.” Lucy spoke. When they pulled away, they walked together.

“Still, we have a reception to go to.” Lucy said. Minseok was also excited about that.

“I can not wait to dance with you in my arms.” Minseok said back.

“I must warn you, dear. I still might have three left feet.” Lucy spoke.

“I will be your three right feet. We could do the funky chicken and I still will be so happy to be dancing with you as your husband.” Minseok spoke back. Lucy chuckled.

“And I will be happy to dance with you as your wife, too.” Lucy told him. After a little bit, everyone headed out of the ceremony and into their cars.  Minseok and Lucy rode in separate cars. Lucy rode with her family while Minseok rode with his father and groomsmen in another car. Now, everyone was on their way to the reception to celebrate with the newly wedded couple.